2024 Hurricane Season thread of DOOM

Zonahorn

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Medium rain with 20 mph winds knocked out my Houston power again. Didn’t see that coming. 

At least it will be light soon. 

I just had a short power skip that turned half my stuff off and tripped my UPS alarms and then it came back on. Definitely making a pot of coffee while I still can

Edit: in spring branch

Edited by Captainant

3 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I just had a short power skip that turned half my stuff off and tripped my UPS alarms and then it came back on. Definitely making a pot of coffee while I still can

Same

51 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

You should have that dumbass on ignore. 

I keep losing all signal and going in to SOS mode.  That’s fun. 

I tried taking video but it’s too dark and it doesn’t convey the sound.  It’s impressive even if it’s only gusting up to 90 mph or whatever it is 

I try not to put anyone on ignore. I only have 2 folks on ignore. It’s good to be reminded what percentage of stupids are out there.

5 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Same here in Timbergrove, right at 5:59. 

The radar shows the eye basically rolling straight for inside the loop. 

7 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Same here.

2 minutes ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

6:00am update still shows the eye passing to the west of downtown.   Movement still North at 10 to 12 mph. Katy put on your big girl panties.  It will be there soon.

Judging by the speed it's looking like 8 or 9 AM when it'll hit I-10. No telling if it'll be Katy or downtown though 

Just now, Js1 said:

Least I figured out what that noise that woke me up was - the fence between my row of townhouses and the neighbor row just went down 

Yeah I've been hearing more "thunk"s than usual. I can't see my back yard really at the moment but curious to see what stayed and what flew off

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Turned those off in the control panels earlier.

Forgot to mention HEB Buffalo Heights has a power truck (HEB branded, of course)

PXL_20240708_022008357_MP.thumb.jpg.bb18612a55c196e2acfeeb54b3a8c20b.jpg

Edited by elfenix
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Generator running out in Richmond. ATT fiber is also working. The rain and wind even let up enough for the dog to run out and pee. Just waiting for the eye to pass over the house here shortly.

14 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Complete dumbass here. Fired up the generator here in the heights. Dawned on me that I had enough gas for 5-6 hours.

luckily the closest gas station had power and plenty of gas. Yes I’m a moron but now I have enough gas for 2+ days. 

So there out of power in the heights? We’re still holding on in Timbergrove. At&t works too. 

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

So there out of power in the heights? We’re still holding on in Timbergrove. At&t works too. 

Yeah, power and internet fine in shady acres 

2 minutes ago, Okie State said:

We're out of town so I've been watching on our cameras in Katy. Lost power about an hour ago. Surprised it lasted that long.

Thats not all over. My buddy in Katy still has power, but his cable is out. 

Just now, Fudge Nuggets said:

Weather dude said they eye is going straight for Katy in the next hour.  That place floods like shit.

Worked for a paving company doing work in Katy back in the 90's. We sat for a week because a severe thunderstorm came through. Nowhere for the water to go.

2 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Weather dude said they eye is going straight for Katy in the next hour.  That place floods like shit.

Even God hates Katy

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I was being vague about the location. I’m in the GOOF area but the Kroger gas at 43rd/Ella had power.

For anyone that wants to watch a storm chaser drive around the eye, he’s live streaming. Believe he said he uses starlink for internet.

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Thats not all over. My buddy in Katy still has power, but his cable is out. 

Our neighborhood loses it all the time while the one next to us rarely does. It's some bullshit. I just hope we don't come back to any trees down.

Guessing a line from Sugar Land to The Woodlands is going to get beat up the most with the winds/rain.

This storm direction is about as worse case possible for Houston but thankfully it’s a cat 1 storm. Cat 4 on this path would have been devastating.

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Centerpoint doesn’t have the stage map anymore, but their storm centers says only 3k outages right now. El oh el. 

News people keep saying over a million people without power.  Centerpoint full of shit.

1 minute ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

News people keep saying over a million people without power.  Centerpoint full of shit.

Yeah I’m not sure how they do their math. Maybe an active outage is, like, a whole neighborhood or gird section. 

IMG_3082.png

Posted (edited)

There are so many trees near both my and my parents house. Getting a bit nervous. 
dads at the hospital with a broken hip- mom is in Louisiana from Sunday 2:00 to Monday at noon was the plan. Dad was wearing her out and she wanted a trip to lake Charles for 24 hours to mentally reset after 2 weeks of 12 plus hour days at hospital. Hope she doesn’t try to come home to see him. I told her not to but she’s stubborn. 
they are on property with us, so sort of glad she wasn’t here or we’d have all been trapped in the house till the storm is over if something happened. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn