2024 Hurricane Season thread of DOOM

Zonahorn

5 minutes ago, dcbc said:

Yeah, the windows will be busted out.  Technically, it will be open.

This is 100% what management will be thinking.

2 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

Greg Abbott?

He's off in Japan / Korea or one of them countries where they look funny.

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Also I love this place. Trees down and kids in terror and massive chance at house destruction and no responses. 11 reps and counting on story of banging my wife at 3:00 am. 

Priorities. 

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Also I love this place. Trees down and kids in terror and massive chance at house destruction and no responses. 11 reps and counting on story of banging my wife at 3:00 am. 

Sex tent status update?  Or am I thinking of a different guy?  Godspeed to all of you in Houston.

• Hook 'Em 1

East side checking in....power went out 3 times and immediately came back on, 4th time did it in it looks like.

I have lived where I am 7 years, moved in right before Harvey, and have never lost power during any event since that time until now.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Sex tent status update?  Or am I thinking of a different guy?  Godspeed to all of you in Houston.

Thats me. Was supposed to have another tent delivered tomorrow for a camping trip on Wednesday. Not sure if that’s going to happen or not but that is sex tent two- electric bugaloo. 

2 minutes ago, Scraps said:

East side checking in....power went out 3 times and immediately came back on, 4th time did it in it looks like.

I have lived where I am 7 years, moved in right before Harvey, and have never lost power during any event since that time until now.

That’s amazing. We lose power twice a month out in Huffman. This gonna be fun. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Js1 said:

After countless 30 second off/2 min on for 45ish minutes, I think mine is out for good in 77008 

Our generator keeps cycling on/off because the power goes out for a minute or two at a time. I’m at the point that I wish it would just go out so we can run on stable generator power.

Just now, royiv said:

Our generator keeps cycling on/off because the power goes out for a minute or two at a time. I’m at the point that I wish it would just go out so we can run on stable generator power.

Don't you have a switch for that?

38 minutes ago, South Austin said:

He’s a male nurse.

I don’t fault the guy for wanting the hazard pay. We’ll all be sorry when he posts his end of year paystub showing he cleared tree fiddy

Compared to Ike, I find this a worse experience.  Ike hit Houston at night and I slept through most of it. This morning I feel each wind gust as branches/limbs are hitting the roof.

Yep. Feel like a sitting duck here in the woodlands watching and hearing shit fall on roof and yard.
  • Hook 'Em 2

53 minutes ago, Js1 said:

11 transmission lines down, per Lina.  Shocker. 

But Centerpoint figured out how to route around them after the Derecho, apparently. 4k more personnel joining the 2500 here for recovery efforts.

IMG_0956.jpeg

9 minutes ago, royiv said:

Exactly my situation. My generator is more reliable

It looks nasty on the radar.  Y'all stay safe.

For a different perspective, here's a shot looking east from the deserts of Boerne this morning.  The low clouds in the foreground were really swirling in from the northeast, which is unusual to see.

beryl20240708_071721.thumb.jpg.893ecdeb1eaea6fe30f7f09805153c54.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, txduck87 said:

Yep. Feel like a sitting duck here in the woodlands watching and hearing shit fall on roof and yard.

The weather radar shows the rain changes from red to yellow / green around 10:30.  I'm sitting here counting down seconds, but have a feeling that time will just get extended to about 2:00.

Man, between winter freezes, derechos, hurricanes and months of 100 degree temperatures, it's just too god damn stressful to live here any more.  There is never any relief from some kind of impending disaster.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

The weather radar shows the rain changes from red to yellow / green around 10:30.  I'm sitting here counting down seconds, but have a feeling that time will just get extended to about 2:00.

Man, between winter freezes, derechos, hurricanes and months of 100 degree temperatures, it's just too god damn stressful to live here any more.  There is never any relief from some kind of impending disaster.

At least the food is good.  But still, I moved away from Houston 23 years ago and have no plans to return.  I can love it from a distance and from higher ground.  

Stay safe.  My people in west Houston have been without power since about 4 a.m.  My sister had a generator on order, but was not scheduled for installation, at the earliest, until September (you know, around the start of hurricane season).

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

IMG_2649.webp.4d9f331e30d4669e3c54eb5431ee9432.webp

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, dcbc said:

At least the food is good.  But still, I moved away from Houston 23 years ago and have no plans to return.  I can love it from a distance.

Same here. My luck, I came to visit family with the wife and get to enjoy going through a hurricane again. Power is out but, thankfully, we have a generator.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

At least the food is good.  But still, I moved away from Houston 23 years ago and have no plans to return.  I can love it from a distance and from higher ground.  

Stay safe.  My people in west Houston have been without power since about 4 a.m.  My sister had a generator on order, but was not scheduled for installation, at the earliest, until September (you know, around the start of hurricane season).

Same boat! And now that schedule will run out till next September! And cheaper to boot! Haha FML! At least we have a portable generator.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Same here. My luck, I came to visit family with the wife and get to enjoy going through a hurricane again. Power is out but, thankfully, we have a generator.

Well, I'm just hoping this thing weakens a bit.  I'm in Tyler.  It's looking like we're just going to be on the clean side of this one, but I'd rather it be a TD by the time it gets here.  I just got my yard cleaned up from the freakish, straighline winds that came through here  a month ago.

AP1-Gcz-N78r-KJJR-b-M9-JYVJ2-G6-o-BIf76e

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 1

I’d wait 40 weeks on that celebration.

Signed the guy from NO who born 40 weeks after Betsy and is a decade younger than his siblings.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

21 minutes ago, royiv said:

Thoughts and prayers to everyone in Austin not getting any rain or destructive winds from this storm.

You know the two sentiments aren’t mutually exclusive, right? Us bitching about getting nothing also means we’re upset y’all are having to go through this. It would’ve been better for the state as a whole if it made landfall almost anywhere else on the coast between Houston and Brownsville. Don’t take our complaints as diminishing the shit y’all are yet again dealing with.

• Hook 'Em 4