2024 Hurricane Season thread of DOOM

Zonahorn

2 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

The weather radar shows the rain changes from red to yellow / green around 10:30.  I'm sitting here counting down seconds, but have a feeling that time will just get extended to about 2:00.

Man, between winter freezes, derechos, hurricanes and months of 100 degree temperatures, it's just too god damn stressful to live here any more.  There is never any relief from some kind of impending disaster.

angry marlon brando GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 7/7/2024 at 9:03 AM, GreenspointTexas said:

Dude, the derecho was wayyy worse than this will get. This will be like a regular monday for houston. 

Im still doing elective endoscopy cases tomorrow starting at 730am

So, how many colonoscopies did you perform this morning?

@immamac can we get an alias for Greenspoint? I'd like to see "LOUD AND WRONG" as the name that is presented to me. He can still log in as Greenspoint and whatnot, but I'd like to opt in to his new nickname.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, SquishMitten said:

Fair enough. Hadn’t considered that point. My apologies. Lots of family and friends in Houston that I’m worried about, you being one of them. Hope y’all get through with minimal damage and not without power for too long.

Holla if you need anything. Supposed to be in court in Galveston on Thursday if anybody needs supplies and whatnot that can’t be found locally.

Were good buddy. Got the genny going for the fridge and cooler and wifi. Wife is still freaking out in the woodlands. I’m about to go for a ride and survey the damage. Now it’s just a waiting game for the power to return. Thanks for checking in. Despite being the damn eyeball of winds for 2 hours, we’re good. 

53 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Bayou by my house. 

If that’s the whiteboard we’re good. The question is if it popped the banks over by 10 and studemont. 

1 minute ago, Slacks said:

So, how many colonoscopies did you perform this morning?

@immamac can we get an alias for Greenspoint? I'd like to see "LOUD AND WRONG" as the name that is presented to me. He can still log in as Greenspoint and whatnot, but I'd like to opt in to his new nickname.

Second this. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

The Woodlands. I think we challenge Katy for the worst of aggydom 

This is one reason why I love our older neighborhood. Aggy loves them the newer master planned communities further West with no trees and postage stamp lots.

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Second this. 

Actually GreenspointHelobius has a nice ring. I mean, it doesn’t but it’s fucking accurate. 

2 minutes ago, elfenix said:

Lake Waugh makes its triumphant return. How many cars has it consumed and is HEB open?

IMG_1414.thumb.jpeg.24273e3b0898b9d620dbcf0d206f3da5.jpeg

Sigh. Been waiting for these. 

Holding fast here in Austin.  BIG GUST (im talking at least 9mph) came thru and blew some flowers off my yellow bells.  Watching it unfold is almost too much to bare, but we will carry on.

household deaths: 0

pets consumed for calories: 0

loss of power/water: 0

t&p to all the fellow weather refugees<3

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Knee deep water at 23rd & Beall outside of Crisp. Didn’t see any trees in houses or bodies in trees and then on houses. But all these townhouse driveways have terrible drainage, ankle deep in just about every shared driveway 

• Hook 'Em 1

Winds seem to be dying down. So hopefully CP can start assessing damage. My BIL said those bucket trucks don’t rate for winds over 25mph so they gotta just sit and wait 

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Guy across the street was cleaning up his driveway when the wind picked up again. He’s going to be starting over again if this bitch ever moves on. 

59 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

I have read some stupid shit on this site, but cleaning up your driveway DURING a hurricane might win.

Unless he could no longer be cooped up with his wife. I understand his sentiment when dealing with my ex.

If I were still married to my ex, I'd be in the yard holding up the longest piece of metal I could find. 

51 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

Maybe his wife told him to clean it up during a hurricane. 

"Can you please clean up the driveway? There are limbs and branches all over it! I don't want to scratch my Escalade"

"Yep, I'll clean t all up when the storm ends"

[Staring in Wife] "sigh...Don't worry about it, I'll do it"

"Goddamnit"

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Winds seem to be dying down. So hopefully CP can start assessing damage. My BIL said those bucket trucks don’t rate for winds over 25mph so they gotta just sit and wait 

That will start later this afternoon and more likely tomorrow morning in full force. I’m hoping there will be a lot of circuits that can get energized from cut/clear immediately after storm passes/before damage assessment starts in earnest. 

4 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

If I were still married to my ex, I'd be in the yard holding up the longest piece of metal I could find. 

"Can you please clean up the driveway? There are limbs and branches all over it! I don't want to scratch my Escalade"

"Yep, I'll clean t all up when the storm ends"

[Staring in Wife] "sigh...Don't worry about it, I'll do it"

"Goddamnit"

That is when you let her go in the driveway with a long piece of metal.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Called my SIL - she is out of state with their daughter at some soccer thing. She said their power has been off since this morning and she hasn’t been able to get in touch with my brother 77024. I guess I’ll try calling him this evening.

Normally on wifi, but since no power i just found out where my worst cell reception is in my place....on the shitter.
Worst deuce dropping since like 2007 when i had to grab a magazine to read

• Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

11 minutes ago, HendersonHorns said:

Tornado’s in east Texas. Ready for this shit to move through. 

Where at? I'm outside of Nac and the wind has been howling already. It was out of the NE at first and is now blowing straight out of the east like a sumbitch.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

Where at? I'm outside of Nac and the wind has been howling already. It was out of the NE at first and is now blowing straight out of the east like a sumbitch.

North of nac

Henderson/Tyler/garrison

Edited by HendersonHorns
Don’t know north from south

Furk. My father in law lives in Applby, just texted him to see if he's had issues but haven't heard back yet.

We dropped our kids off at summer camp yesterday out in Shelby county. I think they are hunkered down and puckered up out there right now.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

The weather radar shows the rain changes from red to yellow / green around 10:30.  I'm sitting here counting down seconds, but have a feeling that time will just get extended to about 2:00.

Man, between winter freezes, derechos, hurricanes and months of 100 degree temperatures, it's just too god damn stressful to live here any more.  There is never any relief from some kind of impending disaster.

toughen up mother fucker !!!!

- eating a club sandwich before playing golf in SanAntonio !

• Hook 'Em 4

19 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Normally on wifi, but since no power i just found out where my worst cell reception is in my place....on the shitter.
Worst deuce dropping since like 2007 when i had to grab a magazine to read

Damn, had to take a '90s shit. Godspeed. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

Furk. My father in law lives in Applby, just texted him to see if he's had issues but haven't heard back yet.

We dropped our kids off at summer camp yesterday out in Shelby county. I think they are hunkered down and puckered up out there right now.

Quick spin up tornadoes. Shouldn’t be too awful but I hate them. I’m under two tornado warnings in Henderson now. 

9 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

My ex-inlaws (I still love them) live in Shelby County, and they have siblings in Appleby and Carthage.  Hope everything is okay.

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

I am supposed to fly back to Houston from J Hole on Wednesday. Thinking maybe no. I’ll need the power to come back on first. 

I'd wait until at least October

I’m in the Energy  Corridor and I lost power at about 7 am and my only damage is my lawn chairs blew over and one of the dog igloos blew into the yard, but I plan to rebuild. Went to check on my mom and found a Shipleys with power on the way so we had donuts and coffee.  Was going to take mom and go to the ranch, but I checked the San Bernardo outage map and it looks like power is down there too.

• Hook 'Em 1