2024 Hurricane Season thread of DOOM

Zonahorn

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, HendersonHorns said:

Tornado’s in east Texas. Ready for this shit to move through. 

It's just been a steady sprinkle in Tyler since about 9 a.m.  The wind has started to pick up, but just a bit.  All the models had this going to the east of us, but the radar seems to have it coming straight for us, if only a bit to the east.  There' a tornado watch but when isn't there?

If your username checks out, I imagine it's a little dirtier where you are.

Edited by dcbc

Just now, dcbc said:

It's just been a steady sprinkle in Tyler since about 9 a.m.  The wind has started to pick up, but just a bit.  All the models had this going to the east of us, but the radar seems to have it coming straight for us, if only a bit to the east.  There' a tornado watch but when isn't there?

It’s headed that way. Tornado was about turnertown/troup heading north west. 

IMG_0848.png

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, HendersonHorns said:

It’s headed that way. Tornado was about turnertown/troup heading north west. 

IMG_0848.png

Thanks for the heads up.  I see "Warning" for Harrison, Panola, and Rusk (City of, not county), so Henderson, but I'll keep my eyes open.  Radar shows mostly green and bits of yellow radar blobs for Tyler.  More worried about the wife and kids.  I actually work in a building with a cold-war era-fallout shelter in the basement.  

/edit.  Looks like things are going to be picking up over the next hour.  Thanks again.

Edited by dcbc
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, dcbc said:

Thanks for the heads up.  I see "Warning" for Harrison, Panola, and Rusk (City of, not county), so Henderson, but I'll keep my eyes open.  Radar shows mostly green and bits of yellow radar blobs for Tyler.  More worried about the wife and kids.  I actually work in a building with a cold-war era-fallout shelter in the basement.  

They are dropping so fast. Warnings were coming in by the minute earlier. Slowing down a little I think down south. 

just watch that girl on KLTV. You can stream them if you lose power. 
https://www.kltv.com/livestream/

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, HendersonHorns said:

They are dropping so fast. Warnings were coming in by the minute earlier. Slowing down a little I think down south. 

just watch that girl on KLTV. You can stream them if you lose power. 
https://www.kltv.com/livestream/

Yeah, I just edited my post.  Looks like we'll see things picking up over the next hour.  The three areas of concern with tornados are northeast of Tyler heading northwest.  Be safe over there.

Edited by dcbc
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

I have read some stupid shit on this site, but cleaning up your driveway DURING a hurricane might win.

Unless he could no longer be cooped up with his wife. I understand his sentiment when dealing with my ex.

If you're ever in a blizzard, and you don't have a snow blower, it's easier to go outside every hour or two and take 5-7 minutes to push 1-3 inches of snow off the sidewalk than it is to spend 3 hours nearly killing yourself trying to do all of it at once.  

But cleaning up leaves and trash during a hurricane??? Fuck that noise

Edited by Trey3216

9 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Parents in a safe space near Longview, lots of debris flying around they texted and sirens everywhere going off

Radar shows debris in the rotation by the ET Regional Airport 

Longview is getting it right now. Sounds like a big tornado on ground near Tatum headed nw. 

Praying they get through this quick and safe. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SurlyGator said:

Looks bad, but that orange county indicates 30% of households.  So, like seven houses.

They just have to plug the extension cord back in. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Got the cars fueled up, gas cans full, generator full, and ready to go last night.  Never lost power.  Did wake up to a tornado alert at 5:15 am and had to get the kids in the hall for a moment.   Drank coffee while watching the storm from my window.  Made breakfast tacos.   

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

How does it feel to be one of god’s chosen people today?

2 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Got the cars fueled up, gas cans full, generator full, and ready to go last night.  Never lost power.  Did wake up to a tornado alert at 5:15 am and had to get the kids in the hall for a moment.   Drank coffee while watching the storm from my window.  Made breakfast tacos.   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

How does it feel to be one of god’s chosen people today?

It is so odd to be spared the power loss.  We turned the AC to meatlocker to prepare for the heat.   A branch damaged by the derecho came down.  I guess I can cancel that tree guy whose list seemed indefinite.   Only a little flooding in detached garage and I have fans on that.   

A possum did show up to shelter on my front porch.  

Edited by Nivek

2 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

My dad just went into the ER.  I'm heading to Katy where they're at. Anyone know how far west the power outages extend? I wanna top off before I get to where there's a scarcity of working fuel pumps

Shit, that sucks man   Sorry 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, FORTY NINE TO ZERO said:

Still no power in east end Galveston (went down around 5am)  luckily only damage to house is a flag pole down.  

There's a pill for that.

I hear.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

5 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

My dad just went into the ER.  I'm heading to Katy where they're at. Anyone know how far west the power outages extend? I wanna top off before I get to where there's a scarcity of working fuel pumps

Sorry to hear it.  I have an uncle in Katy, who lost power in the middle of the night.  No word if it's come back yet.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

the big buccees has a generator 

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Fingers crossed for your dad.

Here's the statewide power outage map. Fayette County looks like your best bet.

https://poweroutage.us/area/state/texas

image.png.39bac23466fc4256ea2d881ac16be986.png

Edited by bolverk
  • Hook 'Em 1

Mez checking in, in the GOOF area, no power but minimal damage thus far outside of a bunch of tree debris which Chuy and I have cleaned up a bunch. Batting cage got twisted a bit but should be fine, hoping to get power back on at any of our houses - parents included. Have some ribs and boudain on the smoker might as well, ain't go shit else to do. 

• Hook 'Em 6

I was driving I30 into Arkansas to go camping and dozens and dozens of cherry picker/utility trucks were headed South towards Houston.

My poor Aunt in Conroe is trying to sell her house, her buyers option period ends tomorrow and she has 4 trees fall down and at least one of them landed on the house. That sucks. She is still trying to get all packed up and is without power.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1