2024 Hurricane Season thread of DOOM

Zonahorn

3 hours ago, Captainant said:

What is one mechanism accessible to me to meaningfully hold centerpoint and the state of Texas accountable?

The only mechanism accessible to you personally constitutes Capital Murder in the State of Texas under Texas Penal Code Section 19.03:

Murder during the commission or attempted commission of kidnapping, burglary, robbery, aggravated sexual assault, arson, obstruction or retaliation, or terroristic threat

40 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

I have always found an interesting that we bag on Russians for not demanding that their elected leaders not be total shit-stains, but that same response seemingly doesn’t apply to our own glasshouses

American exceptionalism! 
Stephen Colbert America GIF by GQ

• Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

They paid $535MM in dividends and I can't find any info on share buybacks since back in 2019.  I think someone got some bad info on that one.

Never let truth get in the way of a good story.  

1 minute ago, HouTex said:

A $535MM annual investment in infrastructure and disaster preparedness would be better for the customers that they are supposed to serve.

5 hours ago, Captainant said:

What the fuck am I gonna be able to do about it? Call my fuckin senator or Congressperson? Again? Write them a letter they won't reply to for 8 fucking months? They ain't listening unless you're holding capital and handing some to them. 

Am I gonna go get a different power company? Can't. 

What is one mechanism accessible to me to meaningfully hold centerpoint and the state of Texas accountable?

Blow up the CEOs house

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

20 minutes ago, HouTex said:

6 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Only missed the 6B claim by a fraction. 

My bad, they had $6B in profit, and paid $500M(ish) in dividends. You're right, I guess they just didn't have the funds to maintain the infrastructure.

That is that point you're trying to make, right? You're defending these leeches?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

My bad, they had $6B in profit, and paid $500M(ish) in dividends. You're right, I guess they just didn't have the funds to maintain the infrastructure.

That is that point you're trying to make, right? You're defending these leeches?

Come on man, you were off by an order of magnitude. 

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

Not defending anyone.  Just get your facts straight.  To be clear, CP has been horribly negligent in maintaining their transmission lines.  They should have been chopping down trees all around Houston and much of this would have been avoided.  

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I despise CPE, even though they’ve kept my power on at a 99.9999999999% clip.  Most inept organization I’ve ever worked with. They have more of a govt run feel than any DMV or courthouse I’ve ever been in. Exponentially worse than the DMV.  But slinging bullshit #’s in your disinformation campaign is still just that, amigo.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I used their profit figure as the dividend payout, my bad. Sorry I'm not perfect

I agree with your general point. It would be best not to misrepresent while making it less you end up like the folks you routinely criticize. 

9 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I despise CPE, even though they’ve kept my power on at a 99.9999999999% clip.  Most inept organization I’ve ever worked with. They have more of a govt run feel than any DMV or courthouse I’ve ever been in. Exponentially worse than the DMV.  But slinging bullshit #’s in your disinformation campaign is still just that, amigo.  

TIL misstating one number for another, and then admitting you're wrong when it's pointed out and corrected is a disinformation campaign. You constantly accuse me of posting tiktok links and lying about everything while you're backed up and validated by an endless stream of sock accounts. 

15 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I agree with your general point. It would be best not to misrepresent while making it less you end up like the folks you routinely criticize. 

Again, thanks for holding me to a higher standard than the rest of the board. I'll do my best to please your sensibilities and never ever never misstep again. Please forgive my dishonor

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Captainant said:

TIL misstating one number for another, and then admitting you're wrong when it's pointed out and corrected is a disinformation campaign. You constantly accuse me of posting tiktok links and lying about everything while you're backed up and validated by an endless stream of sock accounts. 

Again, thanks for holding me to a higher standard than the rest of the board. I'll do my best to please your sensibilities and never ever never misstep again. Please forgive my dishonor

I'm holding you to the same standard as everyone else. Just double check your numbers next time. Stop being a dick when you were obviously wrong. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, TOR said:

You think it's easy moving those Hotwheels from Hawaii?

Actually Dan Patrick is the one dropping the ball.  

Hard to drop a ball when your petite scrotum is tucked up right in paradoxically by a plus size, skinny fit set of jeans from Lane Bryant.  How can you a crisis management center with hips like that?

4 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Hard to drop a ball when your petite scrotum is tucked up right in paradoxically by a plus size, skinny fit set of jeans from Lane Bryant.  How can you a crisis management center with hips like that?

Keep your lips off my petite scrotum.

Happy to. Just be aware that your Swedish fleshlight scrotum sucking machine may not fully recharge tonight but Dan Patrick’s certainly will, despite power outages.  

How many rounds of this bullshit are some of you gonna have to endure before you realize, “maybe there’s a better way besides Lt. Gov. Lilith Fair?”

3 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Happy to. Just be aware that your Swedish fleshlight scrotum sucking machine may not fully recharge tonight but Dan Patrick’s certainly will, despite power outages.

I’ve got power. Where can I get one of these? 

• Haha 1

Finally couldn’t take it anymore in Brazoria. They do at least have a couple of crews working in our area now. Came to seabrook. Got my first hot shower and AC in a week. Then it started raining… and the power went out. I quit. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, Pancho said:

My tenant got an email from centerpoint saying they’ll get electricity maybe by next Thursday.

Area is North Shepherd area just north of that LA Fitness

Yeah the map now has some not getting it back until the 19th. Not quite Ike levels but pretty bad 

1 hour ago, UT_OB1 said:

Finally couldn’t take it anymore in Brazoria. They do at least have a couple of crews working in our area now. Came to seabrook. Got my first hot shower and AC in a week. Then it started raining… and the power went out. I quit. 

My folks had power in Brazoria the following day.   Wonder what got your shit compared to theirs. 

45 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Silently contemplating how to spend a church free Sunday. My mother and my wife have been forcing me to go church every Sunday for 30+ years. I feel like nothing short of jet skiing or wakeboarding shall do the day justice. 

IMG_3594.gif

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Jesus Christ. 

Old school Texas women the both of them. I bet I’ll get the nudge to put on a suit and go to the 9 am Second Baptist service tomorrow morning. 

Thank you smart business for saving me from the tie on Sundays. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

6 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Silently contemplating how to spend a church free Sunday. My mother and my wife have been forcing me to go church every Sunday for 30+ years. I feel like nothing short of jet skiing or wakeboarding shall do the day justice. 

You married your mom?

• Haha 3