2024 Hurricane Season thread of DOOM

Zonahorn

11 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

just fucking stupid for clicks and views. They should be left if they get stranded or in an accident; If they die, they die. Dumbfucks

There’s like atleast 15 storm chasers vehicles in that parking lot and a full hotel right behind them. 

Edited by Hook1997
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

5 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

There’s like atleast 15 storm chasers vehicles in that parking lot and a full hotel right behind them. 

15 idiots. I live in Florida , I have seen the devastation. I have seen multiple people live in their cars, if that, after losing everything. I have seen shit go south quick 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

just fucking stupid for clicks and views. They should be left if they get stranded or in an accident; If they die, they die. Dumbfucks

lol. dhow else do you expect these dorks without any trade skill  to contribute to society to actually contribute to society?

3 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Why was he out? Why wasn't he immediately starting for home when the storm entered the gulf yesterday?

Great that the dog was saved but if he risked shit for the "thrill", fuck him

I retract everything if he was so far out he couldn't make it back in time 

• Hook 'Em 2

It really doesn't help that major news networks interviews people that have decided to not evacuate and give them extra attention.  CNN just did it, I wish they wouldn't.  Invariably these people are trying to sell something, and it only encourages the behavior.  

11 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

Why was he out? Why wasn't he immediately starting for home when the storm entered the gulf yesterday?

Great that the dog was saved but if he risked shit for the "thrill", fuck him

I retract everything if he was so far out he couldn't make it back in time 

You will retract nothing and stand by your condemnation. Fuck that guy for putting his dog at risk

• Hook 'Em 3

38 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I got Katrina, the Boxing Day tsunami and Harvey notches in my belt.

When I lived in Fort Lauderdale in 1964, hurricane Cleo came right over Miami and Fort Lauderdale and headed up the coast.  If I recall it had sustained wins over 100 and gusts in the 130s.     I was in fourth grade and remember like yesterday, because it was the first and only time I remember seeing my parents terrified.   Water was coming in through the sliding glass doors, and the wind was so strong that we thought it would shatter, so they hid us in the hallway away from windows. It was an old-school Florida home. You might remember the kind like a pillbox made of concrete blocks with a white exterior and the clamshell shutters over the old louvered windows we had back then.  The sound was terrifying.   The power lines were blown off the pole across the street in front of the house, and the lines were whipping around sparking.  Cleo’s eye went over the house, so there was about 20 minutes of beautiful blue sky with a ton of seabirds flying around in it.  And then the wind started again.

When it was over, Fort Lauderdale looks like a damn war zone. There was a new fangled 7-Eleven store nearby and it’s glass walled self was simply gone.   There was a telephone pole across from it used to be where I found an inch thin 14 inch piece of glass shard that was jammed about 3 inches into the wood.   I was amazed that the “glass knife” didn’t break apart when that happened.

Which is all to say, I guess I’m gonna stick that on my résumé too. 

Edited by Gatorubet
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Bevo Num1 said:

These storm chases in that hotel parking lot are fucking crazy. I feel like I'm going to watch someone sream their own death.

theyre just wondering around like nothing. all have a stupid phone in their hand. theyre back in the car right now but theres 2 wondering around outside lol