2024 Hurricane Season thread of DOOM

Zonahorn

31 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

But he didn't say "muy malo,"  he said "back to the stone age."  In the stone age, humans were using stones to sharpen other stones for tools. That's what the stone age was.  Such an event would be bad --- perhaps very bad ---- but I'm pretty sure that at least the knowledge required for metalworking would survive.

Now you have me pondering how long it would take us to get from stone age or Bronze Age back to now, if there was this big reset and say 20% of the human population survived.  

8 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

That's going to depend on where the remaning 20 is, know what I mean? For  example, if it were America...are we being rebuilt by Massachussets, New york, and Minnesota? Or are we being rebuilt by Mississipi, Alabama, and Louisianna? 

I mean, we'd be asking SEC country to catch us UP to the stone age, so.....not great.

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

It was comforting to know that running was useless and that there wouldn’t be any post-event dystopian survival to deal with. 

I think everyone loves watching a post-event dystopia - Mad Max, A Boy and his Dog... Whether it be zombies or Hunger Games or a purge, it seems we all have some sort of a fettish to shoot shit up.

17 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

In other shocking news....

The Saturday season opener BETWEEN  the Carolina Hurricanes and Tampa Bay Lightning has been postponed...

Ehh, it's no different than the Dallas Cowboys vs the Washington Redskins and we all know how that turned out.