2024 Hurricane Season thread of DOOM

Zonahorn

21 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

40 trillion would make it the wettest atlantic hurricane ever. Harvey was like 30 trillon gallons iirc

Debby got that WAP! Bring a bucket and a mop...

Spoiler

for that wet ass precipitation

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Bert Orange said:

Ernesto is bound for Brownsville/Mexico. It’s in the name. 

Unless he’s planning to trim Houston’s trees and cut the lawn. 

Maybe he's the pool boy, and he's heading to Houston to fuck your wife.

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, WBT said:

No trees left, Beryl out front should have told you

LOL.  There are so many fucking trees in places they shouldn’t be.  Every major wind event will result in massive power outages.  Nobody wants to be serious about trimming trees and vegetation.   CenterPoint is lax and homeowners don’t want to cut their precious trees.  

10 minutes ago, ballrific said:

glad I didn’t cancel my DR/PR trip this week as advised by my fellow shaggy doomsday meteorologists. Other than a little Saharan dust on my junk and crack, it’s been fine.

We told you to go, just find a blue shed and some Brugal.

17 hours ago, HouTex said:

LOL.  There are so many fucking trees in places they shouldn’t be.  Every major wind event will result in massive power outages.  Nobody wants to be serious about trimming trees and vegetation.   CenterPoint is lax and homeowners don’t want to cut their precious trees.  

Why trim the trees when the next hurricane is just gonna take it down for you?

4 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

Why trim the trees when the next hurricane is just gonna take it down for you?

But if the power is out the plug in chainsaw your wife saw in Better Homes and Gardens won't work. Wait, of course everyone has the largest Generac system by now.

Just now, InkaUtexas said:

But if the power is out the plug in chainsaw your wife saw in Better Homes and Gardens won't work. Wait, of course everyone has the largest Generac system by now.

See it's a win win for everyone.  Centerpoint is playing 4D chess and y'all are playing checkers 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ballrific said:

glad I didn’t cancel my DR/PR trip this week as advised by my fellow shaggy doomsday meteorologists. Other than a little Saharan dust on my junk and crack, it’s been fine.

DR often avoids direct hits from hurricanes. 

34 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:

Based on models, it looks to get picked up by a low of the coast and become a fish storm in the Atlantic in about 8 days.

I’m fine with you saying this. Please little baby Jesus, don’t let Helobious say this is a fish storm.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Editorial in the Chronicle today says that the $800 million generators that CenterPoint never used during the hurricane outages (which cost each customer $2.87 each month in cost recovery) may be the result of a rigged bid process due to an affair by CenterPoint’s prior CEO.

I hope they find this to be true and burn it to the ground. 

On 8/9/2024 at 4:50 PM, tx 3 putt said:

That is a lot of rain scattered over a huge distance. I think Savannah had 10 inches over 4 days so a little over 2 inches per day. By comparison, I think Harvey dumped about 50 inches on Pasadena over 5 days.