Euro 2024

Captain Ron

56 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Fox, FS1, and FS2.

Does anyone who posts here have FS2?

I do not have it with my DirecTV Stream, nor will I be looking to add it. 

I frequently forget that it still exists, so I was wondering how common it is for people to have it these days. 

6 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I frequently forget that it still exists, so I was wondering how common it is for people to have it these days. 

I have it with YouTubeTV and I had it with FIOS before (I just cancelled it).

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Dutch said:

Fox and FS1.

34 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

27 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

I have it with YouTubeTV and I had it with FIOS before (I just cancelled it).

Nvm about FS2; delete post ban user. All Fox matches will get broadcast on either Fox or FS1. FubuTV also has five exclusive group stage matches (Hungary vs Switzerland, Romania vs Ukraine, Turkey vs Georgia, Slovakia vs Ukraine, Georgia vs Czechia).

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/soccer/euro-2024-groups-full-schedule-how-to-watch

https://worldsoccertalk.com/tv/fubo-to-stream-every-copa-america-euro-2024-game/

• Hook 'Em 1

Our family is excited.

My Germans are excited, and prepared for disappointment since they've not done well at a national level since the 2017 Confederations Cup in Russia.

I'm rooting for Germany.

Germany Football GIF by FIFA

I actually had the whole warmup from the 1990 team uniform. The jacket was just like the shirt, in white, and the pants were black with the flag stripes at the bottom of each leg.

It was sweet and I looked damned good. 😏

Germany Football GIF by sparwelt.de

I fully expect to be all excited

Celebrate Germany GIF by Jake Martella

And then I will be disappointed.

And then, Bier

Happy Drinking Beer GIF by Bayerischer Rundfunk

• Hook 'Em 3

Posted (edited)

usa and england giving their golden generations to gregg and southgate is criminal. i mean to be fair lol @ england, but still, sucks for us.

Edited by definitely not derka
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

image.png.10df1ab67284b2fd6a6f128e85300bd4.png

If it's not Scottish, it's Crap!  /myers 

Serious question so I can look half-smart to my daughter when we watch later this month.  When they show the groups, why are some of countries' names Anglicized (Spain instead of Espana) and others spelled out in their own phonetics (like Czechia)?  

40 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

If it's not Scottish, it's Crap!  /myers 

Serious question so I can look half-smart to my daughter when we watch later this month.  When they show the groups, why are some of countries' names Anglicized (Spain instead of Espana) and others spelled out in their own phonetics (like Czechia)?  

Because Czechia 🇨🇿 is the official English name for the country now. Same with Türkiye 🇹🇷 

Spain 🇪🇸 is the official name of the country in English, because who can pronounce “eh-SPAHN-ia”?

Or tell her “It’s because World War II still means something around here!!”

(That’s why we say “Germany” rather than “Deutschland” and “France” rather than “France”.)

start at the 3:00 mark of this video, which is 70' in the match

leigh griffiths on 87 and 90 put escocia ahead of england in a full international for 3 minutes

leigh griffiths is now the player/coach for the mandurrah dolphins on the other side of the earth, but for 6 glorious minutes in 2017, he made scotland ascendant

8 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

i assume you watched the colombia game and this is just trolling

Post was made several hours before the Colombia game, Sherlock.

Not sure how that friendly would impact my enjoyment of Euro, anyway.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Post was made several hours before the Colombia game, Sherlock.

Not sure how that friendly would impact my enjoyment of Euro, anyway.

watching nations with 1/20th our population play competent football is depressing when we are in a funk

2 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Well one reason is they play. They play in the streets, they play in abandoned lots, etc. They play. We want to run with parachutes strapped to our back for 8 year olds.

The developmental programs are the real difference. We're starting to get them here, but even then they aren't on the same level. 

45 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

The developmental programs are the real difference. We're starting to get them here, but even then they aren't on the same level. 

I drive past fields all the time. I coached here in the US. I played in Latin America and Europe. here is the difference and please tell me I am wrong.

1- I see us dribbling around cones and worrying about some tournament somewhere cuz a coach might see little jimmy/karen. (oh and don't forget your super duper after practice shake.)

2- I see us practicing, but rarely in a 3v3 or 7v7. I see drills. Outside the US I see kids just playing. A ball, maybe 4 rocks as goals, etc.

So the issue with 1 is well, if the damn defender would not move (see the USMNT midfield) we would be great. The issue with 2 is we do not develop rhythm as a team (see the entire USMNT vs. Colombia).

We produce good individual talent, and with our population we should. But even then how good is it really vs. say Serbia.

Soccer requires a ball. That is it. Stop trying to overengineer it. That comes later and FOR THOSE WHO ARE GOING FORWARD. Play the fucking game.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Round one that I am excited about. Croatia vs. Spain. Don't know why, just caught my eye.

The Croatian elf has played in Spain 🇪🇸 for roughly a decade. It will be like brothers fighting on a pitch.

15 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

watching nations with 1/20th our population play competent football is depressing when we are in a funk

Uruguay basically has 1/110th of our population.

If this is how you get depressed, you should be depressed as fuck.

9 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

You should come play in my Saturday morning pickup game in NB.

What fucking continents have you played on?

We have standards here, bub!

🇦🇷🇺🇸

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Uruguay basically has 1/110th of our population.

If this is how you get depressed, you should be depressed as fuck.

Yeah but Uruguay shouldn't count. They're 1/72 the pop of Brazil and they can play with them pretty regularly. Similar to how Iceland with 1/220 the population of the UK is able to beat England and other cool stuff like that. 

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

Yeah but Uruguay shouldn't count. They're 1/72 the pop of Brazil and they can play with them pretty regularly. Similar to how Iceland with 1/220 the population of the UK is able to beat England and other cool stuff like that. 

My writing of “1/110th” the population was supposed to be “1/100th”.

Even without wearing my readers 👓, I have no idea how I ended up with “1/110th”.

Brazil, Uruguay, Paraguay, Bolivia, Argentina, Chile, USA, Canada, Mexico and a few others all added Germans after WWII, so I’m thinking that you can’t write any of them off in the Copa America either.
(I bet that you did nazi that coming.)

Edited by Napoleon

Posted (edited)

Looking at the schedule there are several games exclusively on Fubo which sucks ass. Can’t even get a month long free trial period, only 7 days max, to cover the tournament. Unlike Netflix, Prime or Peacock, no one subscribes to Fubo unless they’re your TV provider. Euro is my favorite tournament — top to bottom it has a stronger field than the World Cup.

Edited by Macklemore

1 hour ago, Macklemore said:

Looking at the schedule there are several games exclusively on Fubo which sucks ass. Can’t even get a month long free trial period, only 7 days max, to cover the tournament. Unlike Netflix, Prime or Peacock, no one subscribes to Fubo unless they’re your TV provider. Euro is my favorite tournament — top to bottom it has a stronger field than the World Cup.

The Fubo TV games are on the 15th, 17th, 18th, 21st and 22nd. A 7 day subscription covers 4 of 5. So pick which of these is must watch: Hungary-Switzerland or Georgia-Czechia.

• Hook 'Em 1

If Surly was a tram full of Scots.  

sorry i gotta root for my Fatherland, but god bless those goofy bastards.  Been taking shit from Europe for centuries and theyve never lost their edge.  Hope they finish second in their group.  

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

If Surly was a tram full of Scots.  

sorry i gotta root for my Fatherland, but god bless those goofy bastards.  Been taking shit from Europe for centuries and theyve never lost their edge.  Hope they finish second in their group.  

Pretty much my feelings as well. My Germans are all having watch parties tonight. Hopefully they won’t be disappointed