Euro 2024

Captain Ron

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, definitely not derka said:

They're not showing all the games?

Ok, I see that 5 games are fubo only.  The enshittening of sports coverage continues.

Edited by WBT

I’m liking Chiellini giving us insights into defensive strategy and the dark arts of a good forearm shiver.

His English isn’t great, but it’s mostly good enough and it will continue to get better. 

image.thumb.jpeg.908d88406653f02d38af8ce8fd277f7c.jpeg

Separated at birth?

image.jpeg.978067270da4810a8abd15d71704b21b.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Woodrow Call said:

The Dutch need to go back to the classic orange and black unis from Cryuff's era.  You can't even tell it's the Netherlands.

Nike’s kits are uniformly horrible. Hate their gear.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, WBT said:

They're not showing all the games?

Ok, I see that 5 games are fubo only.  The enshittening of sports coverage continues.

ESPN showed every game when they had the Euros. Absolute joke that Fubo has exclusive rights to 5 games. They didn’t even have a scorebug for the Hungary-Switzerland match.

Edited by Macklemore

3 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

The USMNT has these super subs as well, we just are nicer to our opponents and don’t use them. 

That's because Gergg was under the impression that the team gets a goal for each sub he doesn't use.

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

That Dutch keeper earned his W today. He had plenty of good saves. 

Jules Breach is attractive, but she sounds like she thinks she’s in a production of “Oliver Twist”.

I think that Peter Schmeichel speaks the cleanest English on this set. 

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

England goes as far as Bingham takes them. 

I think England for a long time has been talented, but lacked that difference making player. They had a lot of guys audition, and fail to be the guy. Bellingham has it, and I think he’s learned at a place that would let him be. Let’s see how he does. 

• Hook 'Em 1

american soccer announcers love to spend all game talking over the action and going over tactics, off-field stories, reminiscing, whatever. we objectively suck at announcing this sport. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I love how we've begun to influence soccer as a proper soccer nation. If you noticed in the last 3 minutes England has switched to the GGG (and Austin FC) tactic of lazily passing the ball back to the keeper.

Edited by SimonBolivar
  • Like 1