Euro 2024

Captain Ron

18 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

welp, Österreich hanging around

3 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Austria came to play.

They never felt all that threatening, despite their chances. I think the French goal / lead was inevitable. 

1 minute ago, Captain Ron said:

They never felt all that threatening, despite their chances. I think the French goal / lead was inevitable. 

Agree, but they did not bunker down like I expected. Now they are wide open to France's counter.

Just now, NorthLoop said:

so? 

Gotta figure out how to be on mute for most of it, so long briefing to build tonight and he can give it.

Again, my productivity collapses every two years about this time. Do not call me during the world cup. Just don't.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jive Turkey said:

either that or go near post.  the last camera angle showed that the goalie did a nice job coming out to cut down the angle to the far post.

You talking about Mbappe's chance or the one before it? 

Just now, Jive Turkey said:

Mbappe's.  i must have missed a chance before that.

Can't remember who it was but they were open in space and the GK had cheated out too far. He had about 2 touches that he could've used for a chip before the GK turned around and ran back. Decided to pull up instead. 

22 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

I can't be the only one that thinks France looks like the fucking Mets, right?

Similar kit to the Mets except that they have a massive Winnie-The-Pooh inspired yellow Coq over their hearts.

3 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Este.

BTW _ he's from Spain

I’m likely to be going for Spanish citizenship at some point in the coming years so I can’t be too critical, but what a shitball.

Mbappe will be wearing a Gvardiol mask by next game.

PS- At least the Spanish ref understood that Mbappe should receive a yellow. 

PPS- Mbappe’s broken nose could change everything in this tournament. The swelling could affect his breathing, his vision, and his willingness to “get stuck in”.

france with the rare kit miss. those are awful. the homes aren't much better. they should honestly codify the 2014 world cup threads as their forever and ever kits.

71f8385352db207ee89e47ab5e2408be_crop_ex

maxresdefault.jpg

mbappe has lost his damned mind. that miss on the 1v1 with the goalie was not just uncharacteristic, it was awful.

• Drool 1

4 hours ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Goal disallowed: Belgium can’t score. 

4 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

LMAO..... Worst defeat for Belgium since 1940.

SloVARkia imo

• Hook 'Em 1

you cannot be handing out soft yellow cards when the suspension rules are so severe. a player who gets a yellow card in game one could conceivably gets his second yellow in the 90th minute if his fourth match of the tourney, and this have to miss the semifinals because of two yellow cards in 360+ minutes. just asinine.