Euro 2024

Captain Ron

1 hour ago, definitely not derka said:

jesus christ, and now mbappe gets booked for coming back on? so dumb.

Yeah, don’t just wonder back on the pitch. Wait for the ref to waive you back on (like has been required since the dawn of time). 

Posted (edited)

my beef is with the asinine suspension rule much more than it is with any particular booking. still, when the rules are that tight you cannot be giving away cheap yellows. i doubt mbappe even knew where he was at that moment in time. that ref showed no discretion with the cards today. watch us end up with a semifinal match where mbappe or harry kane has to miss because he got two yellows in four matches for time wasting and one late challenge or something else equally dumb.

Edited by definitely not derka

1 hour ago, definitely not derka said:

my beef is with the asinine suspension rule much more than it is with any particular booking. still, when the rules are that tight you cannot be giving away cheap yellows. i doubt mbappe even knew where he was at that moment in time. that ref showed no discretion with the cards today. watch us end up with a semifinal match where mbappe or harry kane has to miss because he got two yellows in four matches for time wasting and one late challenge or something else equally dumb.

The crappy way we have seen cards handed out in this tournament makes me absolutely fine with there being no discretion on decisions for cards like Mbappe's today. Frankly I blame the French team for that card more than Mbappe or the ref because they should have been watching him much closer than they were. When your player is that dazed, they should be considering concussion protocol of some type. I will say the tournament not adopting a concussion sub was pretty stupid.

My name is Braff Zacklin. I was an international race car driver. One day, a baby carriage rolled out onto the track, so I swerved into the retaining wall to avoid it. The car burst into flames, but the baby miraculously survived ...

I was that baby!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

uBlock Origin is your friend.

Thanks. I downloaded that extension on Chrome and watching the first link to the BBC feed on my computer. Wanted to get a stream on my iPhone so that I could AirPlay it to my TV but that does not look like it's possible.

Edited by Macklemore

1 minute ago, InkaUtexas said:

Not working for me. Hit the link, opens up, but won't play. Tell us the secret Yoda.

Get on a computer and use Chrome and download the uBlock Origin extension for Chrome that @Braff Zacklin recommended and you should be golden. I had the same problem as you trying to access on my iPhone.

3 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Get on a computer and use Chrome and download the uBlock Origin extension for Chrome that @Braff Zacklin recommended and you should be golden. I had the same problem as you trying to access on my iPhone.

Thanks. Starting to hate Firefox.... just to lazy to redo all my passwords and log ins.

Working now.

There's a version of uBlock Origin for Firefox, as well. Actually works better for Firefox than for Chrome because Google regularly updates Chrome to get around the content blocking since it owns YouTube and wants to serve as many ads as possible.

• Hook 'Em 2