Euro 2024

Captain Ron

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

ENGLAND 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v DENMARK 🇩🇰 

Is anyone pulling for England today?

I can go either way with today's game - lots of players to like on both teams. I'm hoping for a good game. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

How a grown adult of any country or culture cares about "royalty" in this day and age escapes me.

Monarchy is a blend of history, beauty, mysticism and religious authority (where the monarch is the head of the established church) and the in the flesh embodiment of the state where one’s loyalty is owed to. Listen and watch the British sing God Save the King of what that means to them and their love of their monarch.

Edited by Macklemore

14 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Monarchy is a blend of history, beauty, mysticism and religious authority (where the monarch is the head of the established church) and the in the flesh embodiment of the state where one’s loyalty is owed to. Listen and watch the British sing God Save the King of what that means to them and their love of their monarch.

Because when push comes to shove
The monarchy will kill your friends and family if you don't return their love

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

It's the tailored royal attire

I love all of the regalia they wear for certain occasions, especially Order of the Garter. Huge fan of English court dress too with the whigs and robes.

Edited by Macklemore

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Englands inability to get the best out of TAA is insane. Southgate is an absolute moron

I love how he drove the ball through the middle of the field so well then had no idea where to pass it, because YOU'RE PLAYING HIM OUT OF POSITION SOUTHGATE, YOU STUPID TWAT!

3 minutes ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

I love how he drove the ball through the middle of the field so well then had no idea where to pass it, because YOU'RE PLAYING HIM OUT OF POSITION SOUTHGATE, YOU STUPID TWAT!

The bigger issue is that they go into a shell instead of applying any pressure. Every player on the team except Kane is suited and plays in high pressure club teams. 

4 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Klopp never once started TAA in midfield, let alone in a midfield double pivot. But Southgate knows best. 

Should play Walker LB, Trent RB, rice-Bellingham-Gallagher in a midfield 3. The balance is all off in this set up. 

The double pivot is so stupid. If he’s gonna play MF it needs to be on the right side of a 3 man MF.

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

The double pivot is so stupid. If he’s gonna play MF it needs to be on the right side of a 3 man MF.

Rice isn’t a true DMF, he’s more of a box to box player, and Trent is a Deep lying playmaker RB, how he thought those two would make a solid 2 man midfield is mind boggling. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

I don’t mind it. They had no connectivity all game with who they started, shake it up a bit. 

They had it early. But it's almost like Southgate had a switch that he flipped to play stupid after the goal.

Edited by Captain Ron