Euro 2024

Captain Ron

As much as we complain about Gregg and our "Golden Generation". Here was the England U15 Roster in 2017, the same year England also won the u17 World Cup. Of course notice who is the Captain. 

9 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

What he do?

That wolf symbol has bad connotations:

After scoring the second goal he made a sign with each hand that is used by Turkish nationalists and associated with the Turkish ultra-nationalist organization Ulku Ocaklari, which is more widely known as the Gray Wolves.

Faeser urged UEFA to punish the player for making the gesture.

“The symbols of Turkish right-wing extremists have no place in our stadiums. Using the soccer European Championship as a platform for racism is completely unacceptable,” Faeser said on X.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, WashHorn said:

Granted I’m biased for Spain, but I’m still livid their best player is out from a dirty tackle without anything more than a flaccid finger wave from the ref. 

i am biased for ze germans and i share your lividness. that was an unfortunate start for the game.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, WashHorn said:

Granted I’m biased for Spain, but I’m still livid their best player is out from a dirty tackle without anything more than a flaccid finger wave from the ref. 

you got your karma retribution. his sub may have won the game.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

A 16 year-old kid is the Euro 2024 asset leader.

Of course.

Truly incredible that a 16-year-old named La Niña Mal can stand out against so many of the world's best and on one of the world's biggest stages.

Just now, ConferenceRoom said:

Hey, a yellow for Kroos. Huh.  

Spain is up, 2-0, if he doesn't do that, though.

10 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Truly incredible that a 16-year-old named La Niña Mal can stand out against so many of the world's best and on one of the world's biggest stages.

Spain is up, 2-0, if he doesn't do that, though.

Yeah, but he should have already been on a yellow. 

• Hook 'Em 1

"The longest 5 seconds in a goalkeeper's existence" right there...  indecision (and bad choice) coming out that early and then watching an embarrassing chip go over your head and *PRAYING* it goes over the crossbar (it did).

• Like 1