Euro 2024

Captain Ron

germany previously solo-hosted the euros in 88 when there were only 8 teams, so the knockout round started with the semis, and they lost to the dutch

euro20 (played in 21) was multinational and germany lost to ingerland in the round of 16 at wembley

germany hosted the 74 mundial and won

germany next hosted in 06 and went out to champions italy in the semis in dortmund

3 of germany's 4 stars on their kit were won elsewhere

germany's 3 euro titles were won elsewhere

so spain advancing here would not be a shock

Posted (edited)

We talk about it all the time, Me, Mikey & Pete, if you can’t get the perfect goal just start throwing the ball in the box and at goal. You never know what will happen. I just hate when an offense is too cautious.

Edited by PittsburghTiger

1 minute ago, Firemans4Horn said:

The yellow card suspension rules in this tournament are asinine. This better get fixed for WC26. 

1 minute ago, Ted Lange said:

These yellow card suspension rules suck shit.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Hagbard Celine said:

someone correct me if i'm wrong but i believe the mundial resets *after* the quarters

Well Germany have 3 guys that would miss the semi. So, congrats. They’re were effectively allowed 2 for the final 3 matches.

2 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

someone correct me if i'm wrong but i believe the mundial resets *after* the quarters

Yeah, but players from either ESP or GER will miss the semifinals...

Accumulated yellow cards are wiped from players’ records following the conclusion of the quarter-finals, with the aim of reducing the likelihood of suspensions in the final. The only way a player can be banned for the Euro 2024 final is if they receive a red card (directly, or two yellows) in the semi-finals. 

1 minute ago, UTexasFight said:

Well Germany have 3 guys that would miss the semi. So, congrats. They’re were effectively allowed 2 for the final 3 matches.

Kroos should have 3 yellows in this match, so this ref has really suspended giving yellows.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Neutral -- that's a penalty.  The arm is away from the body.  This guy talking about the arm being close to the body is full of shit.

That hand/arm was nowhere near his body. 
That was 100% a handball.

Edited by Napoleon
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

That hand/arm was nowhere near his body. 
That was 100% a handball.

Apparently the German who passed it back was offside by a couple of inches. 

Handball never happened.

17 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

The yellow card suspension rules in this tournament are asinine. This better get fixed for WC26. 

17 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

These yellow card suspension rules suck shit.

When you compare them to the EPL and other leagues, these rules are stupid. The EPL is 10 across the first 32 games, basically 1 every 3 games. Not sure why FIFA and the confederations use a similar ratio. I still don't know why they don't use rolling windows, accumulate 2 cards across any 3 game window = suspension.

Oh man that was close!

• Hook 'Em 2