Euro 2024

Captain Ron

Dutch are using all 9 lives here

Dutch ran out of lives back in 2010!

If there was ever a year the Dutch had no business being in the final and winning it all it might be this year. A healthy Frenkie de Jong would be a difference maker right now and I fully expect a switch kick to the nuts like in the CL Semi between Ajax and Tottenham this next week!
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Longboard Horn said:

Still better than 2004 when fucking Greece won it. A lot of my friends from Europe all said the same thing about how it was pure luck. 

Euro 2004 had two of the great games in Euro history (Czechs 3 - Netherlands 2; Portugal 2 - England 2) and one of the greatest collapses in Euro history France 2 - England 1.

6 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

What part of town? Although it's hard to predict which places will have crowds with everyone dealing with Beryl aftermath.

staying near minute maid park.

Not an untrue word.

Between Derek Rae's grating over-pronunciations in game, and Lalas' unceasing obnoxiousness in studio, Fox's coverage has been a beating.

Landon's color commentary is bland and sleep inducing. Stuart Holden talks too fucking much. But I would take both 20 times over if it meant goodbye to Rae and Lalas, both of whom are obviously legends in their own minds.

Spain destroyed the French.  Now it's on to the finals.

Y'all know these international matchups better than I.  Who would Espana matchup better against, England or Nederland?  

8 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Spain destroyed the French.  Now it's on to the finals.

Y'all know these international matchups better than I.  Who would Espana matchup better against, England or Nederland?  

Either; it will be very hard for England or the Dutch if Spain play their game. 

2 hours ago, DanTheHorn said:

Some very nice goals today by both teams. Spain playing well and I would say England is the easier opponent for Spain but they have been fortunate so far so don't underestimate having lady luck on your side.

Holland is the easier matchup for Spain. They don't have a fraction of the depth that England have nor the experience either. Despite the lack of offense, England has been very organized in the back and Pickford has been better than average. England has actually been looking more like an Italian or Greek 04 team despite all of the talent. Only real difference here is the Gakpo has been one of the 2-3 best players of the tournament.

If England win tomorrow I would still list England as a favorite over Spain, but its still England.