Euro 2024

Captain Ron

3 minutes ago, Stringer said:

Walker did not need to do that. Brutal.

Kane off? That’s weird in a game that has a high probability of going to pens.

He’s been walking around the last 40 minutes of their last few games that have gone to extra time. Put on fresh legs and try to win before extra time. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Firemans4Horn said:

He’s been walking around the last 40 minutes of their last few games that have gone to extra time. Put on fresh legs and try to win before extra time. 

There’s a reason he’s never won anything 

How do they miss that off Stones? And then to give a card to VvD? Jesus terrible officiating 

landon: “let’s see what the fans have to say about gareth southgate after this one.”

the fans: “why the fuck wasn’t ollie getting any minutes in the first place?!!!?”

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Firemans4Horn said:

F4H coaching strategy as England coach: bench Kane and put in Watkins because he can actually make runs in the channel. Foden, Bellingham, and Kane all clog up the same places. 

I’m not saying I called it. But I called it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

England down 1-0 vs Slovakia.  6 minutes stoppage, England up 2-1 vs Netherlands, 2 minutes.   I don’t recall seeing that little of stoppage time in a tournament like this before, especially since they started adding more the last few years.   Wild 

I was just wondering during the last 35 minutes if the Netherlands was just content to pass the ball around the midfield without ever taking a shot. That was an interesting strategy since England essentially had two goals during that time, with the one being called back for the offsides.

You can’t score if you don’t shoot.

Congrats to England, I guess.

Spain v England.

Will it be:

2 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I was just wondering during the last 35 minutes if the Netherlands was just content to pass the ball around the midfield without ever taking a shot. That was an interesting strategy since England essentially had two goals during that time, with the one being called back for the offsides.

England didn't give them anything in the midfield. NED was totally outclassed all game. The only times NED looked dangerous were on counters or set pieces - they didn't lose for a lack of strategy they just ran into a 1B side playing very competent dare I say good football.