Euro 2024

Captain Ron

2 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

suisse/italy pre-game combined copa/euro top10

fox has lost their minds

colombia are clearly the best team in the copa and i would wager for them to advance over anyone in the euro other than germany and spain

fox has colombia in 7th

That's Alexi's list, he is the idiot. No shock there huh?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I guess it was the foul by Kimmich with him impeding the defender.

Are screens/picks permitted on set pieces? As much soccer as I've watched, I genuinely don't know. But if they are, then that was a poor decision. If they aren't, then it was a good call because that was definitely a deliberate pick. Thought I was watching a Texas Tech rub route for a moment.

6 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Are screens/picks permitted on set pieces? As much soccer as I've watched, I genuinely don't know. But if they are, then that was a poor decision. If they aren't, then it was a good call because that was definitely a deliberate pick. Thought I was watching a Texas Tech rub route for a moment.

I’d say it falls under Obstruction, so, not allowed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Italy not Italy anymore. Man they have fallen so hard the last 8 years 

Why do you think USMNT players can play so well in that league?

4 hours ago, Macklemore said:

They did win the last Euro :) Not qualifying for the World Cup the past 2 times is inexcusable. 

Italy should have given Gareth Southgate a winner‘s medal 🥇 for his role in reigning in his squad after taking the lead early in the final. 

With most managers, England ends up “coming home” (staying home) with the trophy. 🏆 

But England had Southgate calling the shots and Italy was the beneficiary.

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Not a terrible game. Germany still must play better. 

schmeichel is pissed and denmark deserved better but germany are rolling under nagelsman

with the new tech, the handball rule is going to have to be revised

every player will have to wear gloves with sensors & an algorithm that can detect natural movements v. intentional attempts to play or deflect the ball

9 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

ipso facto, the lack of nats headlines from the prem is a result of ingerland's national team domination in big tournaments

Ummm… the Premier League is a collection of skilled and unskilled English players along with most of the top talent from around the world due their TV deal.

Italy is a collection of Italians (good and bad) plus bargains from around Europe (mostly the former communist countries) and a smattering from outside Europe, with the benefit of most Argentines, Brazilians, and Uruguayans being able to get an EU passport to count as a euro. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

I’m pro instant replay in football but I hate VAR in soccer. Agree with the following:

This was just moments before Havertz yanked him to the ground by his shoulders and he was lining up a shot on goal. 

Bummer for the Danes. 

Edited by Napoleon
  • Like 1