Euro 2024

Captain Ron

1 minute ago, Macklemore said:

Can we send the USSF to Madrid and learn from the best soccer federation in the world please.

Olmo was the player of the tournament for me but props to Rodri.

They'd just come back with "new" manager Gregorio Cervezaholder

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

England had a cakewalk to the finals on their side of the bracket and Southgergg thought he should keep his Brexit tactics up. 

Seriously.   

Teams they beat without PKs.   Slovakia (on a last-second miracle shot to get in the ET) and the Netherlands on a BS Kane PK.   That is it.

• Hook 'Em 2

Viva La Furia Roja!  

My people are back!  And on the soil of my other people!  Daughter was asking me all kinds of good questions about football and our partial Spanish/Sephardic Jew heritage.  And I end up on this rant (as Lobo is wont to do) about this means a lot because the disdain between England & Spain goes back centuries.  But in the end, after the Spaniards prevailed, they congratulated the Brits and waited for their medal presentation because all of Europe is together now for the first time ever to combat real evil.  And I stopped myself, because she asked, "No daddy, I meant why does the goalie still have his gloves on after the game's been over so long?"  

Tournament was quite binary.  Some really ugly matches and some really elegant ones.  In the end Iberia prevails!  Now on to the next battle...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Macklemore said:

Badass. Just out of curiosity and in comparison to Copa America, how much did your tickets cost for the final?

Can’t help you there. My tickets were covered by an official event sponsor. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 2

5 hours ago, RichUT said:

the vibe from the English section was like someone had just died. 

Surely the vibe was worse than if "someone had died". They still haven't won a major tournament in 60 years. 

25 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Was curious where the 2028 Euros would be held.

image.png.8d5e1b88d094ec8e31c03e450322de10.png

Seems odd since England hosted in 2020.

Spain 🇪🇸 & Portugal 🇵🇹 are hosting the 2030 World Cup. 

France 🇫🇷 is hosting the 2024 Olympics, so maybe they’re not up to it, and Italy doesn’t have the money for the investment into building modern stadiums with luxury boxes and/or sufficient bathrooms. (That’s just a guess.)

Not many countries can host a 24 team EURO that will make a lot of money. 

6 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

motherfucker.  you had 50 yard line tickets to the Super Bowl.  holy shit, those seats are incredible.  sponsor hooked you up.

All things being equal, I’d rather attend the Euro final over the Super Bowl any day. So yeah, I was in heaven. The fact that it counted as a “work trip” was the ultimate cherry on top. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

Would Klopp really want that job?

Germany - makes sense

US - I get it, a young upcoming team with little pressure, no qualification and a good showing and you've done your job

England - High pressure, expectations and demand from the fans.

I can't fathom for him he would want that.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

It would be fun to see Klopp (or any manager not playing Brexit ball) play the English talent in their best positions. 

It very well could come home with Klopp calling the shots with England’s talent pool.

but it would be interesting to see Klopp overseas the English squad in the heat & humidity that the Cope Final was played in down in Miami.

They may be cramping before the first half water break. Cold/wet weather Euro players may have died trying to keep up with  the Colombian or Argentines the first 60 to 75 minutes of that match.

• 4 weeks later...