2024 Super Regionals

WBT

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, WBT said:

He has to win 2 games.  I've got no problem saving that guy for tomorrow.  The problem is letting the other dipshit walk the world.

He should have made a change either way but 2 games means nothing if you don't win this one. 

Now, this looks like an egregious decision. The guy that threw a complete game shutout against the #14 team in the country last weekend may not throw a single pitch this series. That is flat-out coaching malpractice. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

1 minute ago, AbeFroman said:

I don't understand why he didn't go back to the hard breaking ball after he struck out Grahovac. 

He dotted the inside corner twice with breaking balls and caught him looking, then never threw another one.  Wild fastballs everywhere.  I don't know what the fuck they're doing.

Ump behind the plate has a tin can for a strike zone, it started to fuck with his head and he pretty much lost command of everything, couple that with some shitty foul ball luck and you get a disaster.

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I hope dancing aggy kid gets the shit beat out of him every, single, day at school. 

44 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

“Sadly, eight years later, little Ruprect was not accepted to Texas A&M because of the felony convictions..”

IMG_2823.thumb.jpeg.0ad539bf618742c5e786f484d1b76830.jpeg

nm. apparently the kid is one of the undead.

4 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

So who beats aggy in the CWS? Thats a pretty deep lineup and they have just enough pitching. 

Their pitching will take a hit if Sdao is out for any length of time. They would have one starting pitcher if that were to happen. Cortes and Aschenbeck can fill in but that leaves a huge hole in the bullpen.

54 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

That poor dude, a senior, has to live with that the rest of his life if they don’t pull this out 

Even if Oregon State somehow pulls this game out and wins again tomorrow, that play has nothing on the Arkansas missed pop-up in 2018.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, UTexasFight said:

Man some horrible baseball being played by the state of Oregon tonight 

That pitcher taking 3 steps toward the plate and stopping to allow the runner to score from 2nd on the wp was something

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

So who beats aggy in the CWS? Thats a pretty deep lineup and they have just enough pitching. 

Florida/Kentucky. Florida beat them in the regular season. NC State I am sure could beat them too. Especially with their great hitter injured, they are vulnerable. 

Just now, WBT said:

That pitcher taking 3 steps toward the plate and stopping to allow the runner to score from 2nd on the wp was something

Right. That has to be one of the bigger foul territories behind home plate in college baseball.

it’s like he forgot it’s not a deadly ball after a wild pitch strike 3

4 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

So Oregon State is the only thing standing in the way of an all SEC/ACC CWS?

Yep, just like the committee drew it up

38 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Aggy beats aggy. They’ll find a way to choke. It’s their time-honored tradition.

That might be the best long-term result for Oregon State.  Making Omaha this year makes Canham look more viable for whatever ACC/SEC school gets their coach poached by Texas.  

Canham seems like a solid young coach and Oregon State needs to keep him and try to stave off the baseball program imploding without a P5 affiliation.

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

So Oregon State is the only thing standing in the way of an all SEC/ACC CWS?

4-4 is only fair.  So Georgia must lose. 

Fun fact: you have to be one game above .500 to go to a regional.  Florida lost the first game of the SEC tournament, which put us in a one game over .500 situation. But…..

….the only reason we are in the college World Series is because the last SEC series of the season we took two from the Georgia Leg Humpers, giving us that one game cushion.   

Thanks Mutts. 

Wow, congrats to Augustus, aggie08, and bizzle if he's still around.  This year's ags look different to me.  I wouldn't be shocked to see them win the whole thing.  As someone said above, they have a deep lineup and just enough pitching.

Now I'm off to use my "ags haven't finished top 4 in any major sport since Prohibition" meme while I still can!

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

Wow, congrats to Augustus, aggie08, and bizzle if he's still around.  This year's ags look different to me.  I wouldn't be shocked to see them win the whole thing.  As someone said above, they have a deep lineup and just enough pitching.

Now I'm off to use my "ags haven't finished top 4 in any major sport since Prohibition" meme while I still can!

Montgomery and Sdao are done for the year. Both pitching and hitting took a hit 

5 minutes ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Montgomery and Sdao are done for the year. Both pitching and hitting took a hit 

Well there you have it.  Guess the meme won't be expiring this year.

• Hook 'Em 1

Coach shows great class with opening statement.   Quotes DKR when asked why he left Moore in "Dance With The One Who Brung Ya".     Can't agree in this case.

56 minutes ago, torre said:

Coach shows great class with opening statement.   Quotes DKR when asked why he left Moore in "Dance With The One Who Brung Ya".     Can't agree in this case.

Yeah - coupla three walks, give him the hook. Not only skipped that, but don't think he even had anyone warming up. Weird decision facing elimination and with a nice 4-run lead.

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

Well there you have it.  Guess the meme won't be expiring this year.

The loss of Montgomery is huge, I don’t know where we replace his production. Hard to see us winning a championship with the best player out.

But the meme expired in 2022, A&M, OU, Ole Miss, and Arkie were the final four standing in the CWS. 

3 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

The loss of Montgomery is huge, I don’t know where we replace his production. Hard to see us winning a championship with the best player out.

But the meme expired in 2022, A&M, OU, Ole Miss, and Arkie were the final four standing in the CWS. 

Top 3 then.  Solved.

agros suffered some bad luck in the supers on injuries. they have been fortunate to not a play a single team worth a shit yet in postseason and they of course draw the only non-1 seed in the cws first game.

will be interesting to see what they do away from the home environment which clearly played a huge role in overwhelming mentally shit-ass teams that were already mediocre at best overall like texas and oregon. they feed off walks more than any team i have seen in a long time.

25 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Was really hoping E-ville would make it just to have someone unlikely to root for, plus purple aces is, well, aces.

Guess it's wahoowa from here on in.  Maybe Gata.

Virginia and UNC for me.