Texas has won the 2023-2024 Directors Cup

11 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

3rd time in 4 years. Would have been 4 of the last 4 if that damn flock of geese would have moved out of the Rowing teams way last year.

1 of 3 schools to ever win the Directors Cup. Stanford (26 times) and UNC (1 time) are the other two.

I thought that UCLA won the Director’s Cup in the past, but maybe it was a predecessor.

I know that during the WCWS, the announcers were pimping a Capital One competition that is very similar to the Director’s Cup. Perhaps there are a couple different ones that various companies sponsor.

5 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I thought that UCLA won the Director’s Cup in the past, but maybe it was a predecessor.

I know that during the WCWS, the announcers were pimping a Capital One competition that is very similar to the Director’s Cup. Perhaps there are a couple different ones that various companies sponsor.

Directors cup is THE ath. Dept competition. Capital one cup distinguishes male and frmale competition

• Hook 'Em 1

I've listened to 4 Athletic Directors tell us "Even though we're a big school and big Department, we're gonna do a limited number of sports but do them really well.  Dodds was just trying to shift with the times.  Patterson means limited number of options in the dining hall to save $90/day, I dunno what Perrin meant.  But del Conte meant it and he's executing on the plan between great hires, facility upgrades, NIL, and getting rid of people that don't get the vision.  Even our alumni base is starting to come around the culture shift.  

Congrats to all the Longhorn Student-Athletes!  

Any updates on the beach ice hockey team launch?  

1 hour ago, gatormarc said:

How can the Directors' Cup trophy possibly compare to the 20XX Football Championship Trophy?

Given the way things are going for A&M, you might want to write that as 2XXX.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Doesn't Stanford play in way more sports than anyone else and that gives them a huge advantage here since they can have way more teams suck that won't get counted towards the total?

they changed the scoring system which has helped Texas start winning them 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Hondo said:

image.thumb.png.db8024145cbddc107440f699065c971e.png

Updated.  Nobody cares about 3rd-10th Place...

Tennessee, Florida, Virginia, and UNC are still playing baseball.

With Tennessee winning today, I think they lock in #3 but I think Florida and Virginia are still very close to one another. CWS results may matter.

Edited by gatormarc

27 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Only 3 schools have ever won?  I didn't realize that.  Nice to be one of the 3, but this thing has a ridiculous scoring criteria.

I mean, only three schools having the money and commitment to be good at the Big Three sports and a broad set of Olympic sports at the same time makes sense.

12 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I mean, only three schools having the money and commitment to be good at the Big Three sports and a broad set of Olympic sports at the same time makes sense.

I thought the discussion included Stanford. 

• Haha 1