2024 College World Series

tx 3 putt

22 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Here's my annual post bitching about them not switching the loser's bracket winners to the other bracket to insure that the two best teams meet in the championship.

With that hostility in your heart, how you feel about touting runner up finishes?

I don’t remember how it played out exactly but from memory, South Carolina was not 2nd best in 2002.  Florida was not 2nd best in 2005.  Seems like Rice and Stanford fought better opponents before the championship series during that time too.  And the Aggie in me says Vandy was not #2 in 2021.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I hate that commercial so much. I don’t even know exactly why.

Maybe because it gets fucking played at every fucking commercial break of every fucking game of the CWS?

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, VirginiaLonghorn said:

UK baserunner lucky not to be waiting for an ambulance after that abortion of a slide …

That was ugly. I once slid across the plate, turned an ankle when spikes caught the dirt like that, and got my hand underneath me... wound up with my pinky finger pointing the wrong way. No fun at all.

2 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

That was ugly. I once slid across the plate, turned an ankle when spikes caught the dirt like that, and got my hand underneath me... wound up with my pinky finger pointing the wrong way. No fun at all.

Tore my acl when I hurdled a catcher to score and my cleets stuck on homeplate.

dumbass move, but I was safe 😋

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Kentucky looks lost. Could be something toxic in that blue moustache paint?

Papa Smurf has their only RBI

Starting to wonder if I should just pull for rout and short game so Gata has better chance to beat aggy tonight???

Edited by LTtxfan
Damn autocorrect

3 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Shit’s rigged. 

I think you mean 'Fixed'

I don't really pay attention to baseball until the regionals, but my sense of things is that this Gata team can still fuck this up.