2024 College World Series

tx 3 putt

5 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

I keep waiting for aggy to aggy it up and shit all over themselves, but I'm worrying that their coaching is too good for once.

I hope they Arkansas themselves.  Snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

I keep waiting for aggy to aggy it up and shit all over themselves, but I'm worrying that their coaching is too good for once.

This. I've been waiting for the universe to correct this aberration but I think Schloss is good enough to fuck up the natural order of things.

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

Feels boring with no game tonight 

Three games was a spoiler. They should put up a third-place trophy and play again. At least the whole ACC contingent wouldn't be left out. Maybe.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Tex Long said:

Three games was a spoiler. They should put up a third-place trophy and play again. At least the whole ACC contingent wouldn't be left out. Maybe.

third place trophy is a great idea 

the teams and fans are already there 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

third place trophy is a great idea 

the teams and fans are already there 

Do it like soccer playoffs - two games, home-and-home, total runs wins the hardware. Make that running up the score thing worth while.

Edited by Tex Long

They used to do a third place game in the Final Four.  Stopped it in 1981.

The Olympics has a bronze medal game for most team events, right?  I kind of like the idea of the 4th place and below teams going home with out any kind of hardware.

15 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I have never been a bigger Tennessee fan than this weekend. 

It's a no-win situation for Longhorn fans.  If aggy wins, vomit.  If Tennessee wins, no way Tony V would accept a job elsewhere next season.   

10 hours ago, markstanco said:

It's a no-win situation for Longhorn fans.  If aggy wins, vomit.  If Tennessee wins, no way Tony V would accept a job elsewhere next season.   

Counterpoint - If eggy loses to TN and then has their coach leave for The Forty Acres then there'll be plenty of win to go around for all of us.

• Hook 'Em 3

11 hours ago, markstanco said:

Yeah fuck it I’ll take that more than every fucking aggy trying to convince me the giant has actually awakened for the next 4 decades.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, TennesseeVol said:

We don't have much firsthand experience with A&M fans but I've got a friend at Omaha rooting for the Vols. He said A&M fans are smart alecs like you won't believe. When he walks by they do some kind of crazy A&M chant at him. Says there is nothing like it.  I told him everything that Texas fans have told me about them is coming true. Gee, what a......I don't know what to call them.........backward? All male cheerleaders (yell) is so gay. 

Yep, it’s all true. They’re fucking wackos with major delusions of grandeur. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

excited texas am GIF by Texas A&M University

high five texas am GIF by Texas A&M University

Thanks Reaction GIF by Texas A&M University

Bruce Willis GIF

3 hours ago, TennesseeVol said:

We don't have much firsthand experience with A&M fans but I've got a friend at Omaha rooting for the Vols. He said A&M fans are smart alecs like you won't believe. When he walks by they do some kind of crazy A&M chant at him. Says there is nothing like it.  I told him everything that Texas fans have told me about them is coming true. Gee, what a......I don't know what to call them.........backward? All male cheerleaders (yell) is so gay. 

Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC

Edited by Wilcox Cummingtonite
  • Haha 1

Can't lie, I'm pulling for aggy here.

I know, I know... fuck me - but let me 'splain.

It's partly Native Texan >>> Little bro hatred... and, Davy Crockett or no, as much as our little bro is a mouth-breathing livestock-fucking dipshit, and as much as he pains me to admit it... it's family.

But mainly just imagining the diabeetus-inducing sweetness of the aggy tears as the guy who brung 'em to this dance goes home with tea-sippers, as the world's highest roller coaster plunges into the darkness.

5 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Fuck that shit. I want them to go 0-2 with both games decided by the 2nd inning then Monday CDC and Schloss announce he’s our new coach. Those cocksuckers don’t deserve a national championship or any success in anything. Fuck em

Why would you want a coach who can't even win one game when it really counts?

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

It's partly Native Texan >>> Little bro hatred... and, Davy Crockett or no, as much as our little bro is a mouth-breathing livestock-fucking dipshit, and as much as he pains me to admit it... it's family.

But mainly just imagining the diabeetus-inducing sweetness of the aggy tears as the guy who brung 'em to this dance goes home with tea-sippers, as the world's highest roller coaster plunges into the darkness.

image.gif.94083b6240cb91db9df2ad104e69798b.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

38 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

image.png.b337124e18d3a93851cecc40bde66d46.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

You trying to get fatwa'd?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tex Long said:

A&M hasn’t won a NC in one of the big 3 in 85 years. I’d like that drought to continue. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Sean Penn Starz GIF by Gaslit

6 hours ago, TennesseeVol said:

It’s not just gay.    It’s.  

Sally Kohn Gay GIF by The Opposite of Hate

I would rather root for OU. And I will never root for OU. 

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, troph said:

Never cheer for aggy they were insufferable in the 80s and all they won was the SWC a few times.

I remember when that '87 (?) team was something like 58-5 and they lost a doubleheader in their regional finals to LSU.  That was fun.  

Edit: Whoops, it was '89: https://12thman.com/sports/baseball/schedule/1989

Edited by Beau Vine