2024 College World Series

tx 3 putt

Lol Lol Lol. 85 years to play in their first big 3 men’s national championship and lost. And these morons are talking like this will be an every year occurrence after one good year.  Here’s to another 85 years of “just ran out of time “ and “poor aggy”. And by the way that Texas font on the front of their jersey is dog shit.  Looks like it was put together using toothpicks. Fuck aggy. 

• Hook 'Em 4

24 minutes ago, NOOBSDUDE said:

Lol Lol Lol. 85 years to play in their first big 3 men’s national championship and lost. And these morons are talking like this will be an every year occurrence after one good year.  Here’s to another 85 years of “just ran out of time “ and “poor aggy”. And by the way that Texas font on the front of their jersey is dog shit.  Looks like it was put together using toothpicks. Fuck aggy. 

Actually this is their first, the 39 title was retroactive, sure the AP poll existed for like 3 years, but nobody thought of it as a National Championship back then I saw news articles of the UT and bowl with Tulane and zero talk of a title of any sort.

So congrats to A&M for PLAYING in their first national title ever in the 3 big men's sports. Like I predicted months ago you would choke just like that 39 team would have choked if someone had told them it was for the national title.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

If I’m Shloss, I walk into the Ad’s office and say the following:

”Texas offered me the job.  It’s a good offer but I don’t want to take it.  I’m an ag in my heart.  I just need to know that you feel the same way about me as I do about you.  I’ve gotten you closer to a national championship that anyone else in 80 years and I know you appreciate my coaching so,

Just give me 1 dollar more than whoever the highest paid coach is that you’ve hired in the last 20 years, and I’ll stay.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

the aggies adopting the jocko willink “good” mantra is so, so aggy it’s hilarious. listen, as a principle jocko’s “good” mantra is something that i think is a good/healthy mindset to have. when things go wrong you don’t act like a sorry sad sack, you find a reason to turn it into something legitimately good. i’m all for that, 100%.

that said the entire premise of the “good” mantra is “ok so shit just went really bad; what do we do now?”. for their program to adopt that as their entire mantra, replete with custom “good” gear on all of their fans is just too fucking funny and appropriate, especially considering that the HC who just implemented said mantra is about to be coaching the team that is the ire of every aggie everywhere. i am very much looking forward to seeing how the aggies apply their mantra to what’s about to happen: “we hired our dream coach three years ago, he just had us at no.1 all season, he just led us to the cws final series, annnnnnd now he’s just left us for tu. that’s good. this is good. this is definitely good. everything is good. everything is fine…”

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91ysmr07w46l58gzz0a1

Edited by definitely not derka
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3