2024 College World Series

tx 3 putt

13 hours ago, BERT said:

Let’s don’t act like he was lighting it up before he left. Come on now 

And then he leaves DP’s program and immediately starts hitting over .300 after the new coaches change his swing and plate approach.

26 minutes ago, Cajun said:

And then he leaves DP’s program and immediately starts hitting over .300 after the new coaches change his swing and plate approach.

He hit .300+ here as a freshman. It’s funny how Tulo gets everyone to hit but if the year don’t hit it was Pierce. 

Posted (edited)

Unbelievable 1st Rd of CWS.  UNC vs Vols should be must see TV.  Hopefully the CATS magic continues for UK vs aggy.  

Still not sure who I want to win this CWS. 

Thx to all that have been commenting during the CWS games -- so much fun watching with other Surly folks!! 🤘 

Edited by LTtxfan
typo
  • Hook 'Em 6

1 hour ago, Balcones said:

He hit .300+ here as a freshman. It’s funny how Tulo gets everyone to hit but if the year don’t hit it was Pierce. 

And the DP excuse machine keeps going and going and...

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

holy fuck 

Florida head coach’s dick has zero conscious 

he starts banging the team bat boy’s mom. Her husband finds out, murder / suicides himself and his two sons (one was a fl bat boy). Guess who’s single now to marry the fl head coach 

https://www.gainesville.com/story/news/crime/2021/05/06/what-we-know-paul-reinhart-apparent-murder-suicide-gainesville/4975945001/

those two guys were yelling at the fl coach that he was responsible for 3 deaths 

I don't understand the murder/suicide thing here.  If you're that pissed off, then just go murder the other guy, kill him.  That is what this great country was built on. 🇺🇸

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

9 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

holy fuck 

Florida head coach’s dick has zero conscious 

he starts banging the team bat boy’s mom. Her husband finds out, murder / suicides himself and his two sons (one was a fl bat boy). Guess who’s single now to marry the fl head coach 

https://www.gainesville.com/story/news/crime/2021/05/06/what-we-know-paul-reinhart-apparent-murder-suicide-gainesville/4975945001/

those two guys were yelling at the fl coach that he was responsible for 3 deaths 

Damn what a wild story. Husband had saved audio recordings of him telling his wife he was going to kill himself after he found out about the affair, and the wife responding by saying he should do it but that it was wrong of him to change his life insurance so that she wouldn’t get any money. Poor kids had two evil psychos for parents.

49 minutes ago, DigDug said:

I don't understand the murder/suicide thing here.  If you're that pissed off, then just go murder the other guy, kill him.  That is what this great country was built on. 🇺🇸

correct 

3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Unbelievable 1st Rd of CWS.  UNC vs Vols should be must see TV.  Hopefully the CATS magic continues for UK vs aggy.  

Still not sure who I want to win this CWS. 

Thx to all that have been commenting during the CWS games -- so much fun watching with other Surly folks!! 🤘 

round 1 was college baseball at it’s best 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

round 1 was college baseball at it’s best 

Probably the best four first games ever. Could only have been improved if the two-run FLA dinger in top of 9th hadn't been robbed.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Probably the best four first games ever. Could only have been improved if the two-run FLA dinger in top of 9th hadn't been robbed.

robbing a ninth inning go ahead HR >>>> walk off 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Watching A&M last night is changing my “keep Pierce” stance. They’re very clearly the best team in Omaha and we are more than a few steps behind them as a program. 

Tennessee says "hold my beer."

But, yeah, aggy and the other UT look like the class of the tourney.

Checked to see why aggy went with the 3 inning pitchers' approach.   At 3:35 Schlossnagle indicates this will be the approach going forward due to not having Sdao.

Note that Kentucky and aggy did not play each other this year.    

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, torre said:

Checked to see why aggy went with the 3 inning pitchers' approach.   At 3:35 Schlossnagle indicates this will be the approach going forward due to not having Sdao.

I've always mused on the idea of building your entire pitching staff on three or four one-inning stoppers and the rest being once-through-the-order guys. Keep the counts down and you can pitch damn near every day. Start by seeing who's "got it" warming up today, pick lefty-righty according to opponent. 

2 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

I've always mused on the idea of building your entire pitching staff on three or four one-inning stoppers and the rest being once-through-the-order guys. Keep the counts down and you can pitch damn near every day. Start by seeing who's "got it" warming up today, pick lefty-righty according to opponent. 

The Rays tried that and it failed miserably.

7 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

wouldn’t be shocked if Lamkin starts vs Kentucky 

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Watching A&M last night is changing my “keep Pierce” stance. They’re very clearly the best team in Omaha and we are more than a few steps behind them as a program. 

Tennessee is likely #1, but it’s baseball so flip a coin on any given day.

And Kentucky matched Tennessee’s conference record.  Kentucky is not supremely talented yet they are competing and competing well.  They don’t have tons of big arms or even big bats.  They aren’t a typical SEC roster yet did well anyway.

Texas as a program, on its surface, isn’t far off in spite of what people say or believe.  We do need to get on with filling up the roster. We need about 3 freshmen and 3 transfers to be big contributors next year.

A&M and UTenn separate themselves with depth - both in their lineup and pitching.  You also see they both had some good fortune to win.  That’s where we want to be but even the best Texas teams had some limitations at spots.

While I agree with the spirit, if those guys ever get arrested in Omaha again the door is now wide open for their lawyers to point to that post as evidence of retaliation/harassment. Omaha PD seems unprofessional and stupid. 

• Rage+1 1

"Hey Joe" is worthless as a comparison. Somebody fucked my wife, I'da prolly killed him and her,  set the scene as a murder-suicide, and moved kids and self to... oh, I dunno, to Denmark or Norway.

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, Helobious said:

While I agree with the spirit, if those guys ever get arrested in Omaha again the door is now wide open for their lawyers to point to that post as evidence of retaliation/harassment. Omaha PD seems unprofessional and stupid. 

Man, that's so out of character for a police union...

• Hook 'Em 1