2024 College World Series

tx 3 putt

1 minute ago, BachelorTrek said:

So Daly is the guy Pierce ran off after whatever ugly confrontation with Daly's father over ABs? 

Un-Fucking-Believable!

CDC should fire Pierce for this fuckup alone! FFS

Let’s don’t act like he was lighting it up before he left. Come on now 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, BachelorTrek said:

So Daly is the guy Pierce ran off after whatever ugly confrontation with Daly's father over ABs? 

Un-Fucking-Believable!

No, Daly hit like .200 for two years

• Hook 'Em 2

IMG_2845.jpeg.ea5456e8b66cd5950c09f6861453b913.jpeg
After these many years, it always makes me smile and gives me a good feeling inside knowing that millions of Noles had their hearts ripped out and are crying. 

Baseball 101. That call has gone both ways a billion times for 160 years now.

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

*Daly’s fathers verbal abuse towards players, players families and the entire baseball staff.

Sounds like he should be running his mouth in here....  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Pierce let him get away….3 years our starting 2nd baseman!

3 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

Un-Fucking-Believable!

While I'm happy to see a former Longhorn have success elsewhere if things don't work out here ( and NOT taking up for Pierce),  but I'm not so sure y'all watched his sophomore and junior years here at UT. He had a great season as a freshman but last year he had trouble even getting a bunt down. Batted around .200 for the year. 

Sometimes a change of scenery is needed. Glad it worked out for him.

• Hook 'Em 7

4 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

Yeah, like I said, woulda been a nope from me. Definitely 50-50, but the circumstances makes it a "fuck that shit, let's keep playing ball". 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

While I'm happy to see a former Longhorn have success elsewhere if things don't work out here ( and NOT taking up for Pierce),  but I'm not so sure y'all watched his sophomore and junior years here at UT. He had a great season as a freshman but last year he had trouble even getting a bunt down. Batted around .200 for the year. 

Sometimes a change of scenery is needed. Glad it worked out for him.

I know absolutely nothing about this story, but if he’s not a bad kid, not playing well, and his dad is giving everyone shit, I could see that putting a weird kind of pressure on the kid that is far different than just being in a slump. Imagine trying so hard to do well so that your dad will be less of an asshole to your coach and teammates.   And the harder you try you get tight and fail, and the less you succeed the worse your dad gets.

That would totally suck. A new start would be a really good thing for the kid.

Edited by Gatorubet

1 minute ago, Gatorubet said:

I know absolutely nothing about this story, but if he’s not a bad kid, not playing well, and his dad is giving everyone shit, I could see that putting a weird kind of pressure on the kid that is far different than just being in a slump. Imagine trying so hard to do well so that your dad will be less of an asshole to your coach and teammates.   And the harder you try you get tight and fail, and the less you succeed the worse your dad gets.

That would totally suck. A new start would be a really good thing for the kid.

It’s like you watched my little league pitching career 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

*Daly’s fathers verbal abuse towards players, players families and the entire baseball staff.

Yeah, they told him to get lost. I’m happy for Mitch that he found a good spot and is having success. Would be even happier for him if he told his dad to stay out of the way and let him be a grownup.

Can you confirm that from other than a paysite ?   I know there was a reported incident with a heckling fan at a road game vs TCU ?    I find that hard to believe from a retired 4 star General especially to players and families.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

And this picture is from the camera well by the dugout, not right down the line. Looked like he checked it live. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, torre said:

Can you confirm that from other than a paysite ?   I know there was a reported incident with a heckling fan at a road game vs TCU ?    I find that hard to believe from a retired 4 star General especially to players and families.

None of that is from a paysite. He caused numerous issues that the baseball department was having to deal with. That’s all I say. Mitchell is a good dude and glad he found success.

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

And every time it wasn't called a strike, they were wrong.

5 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

And this picture is from the camera well by the dugout, not right down the line. Looked like he checked it live. 

It was obvious.  It was obvious live and obvious on the replay.  As far as check swings go, that ones not close.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, torre said:

I was an unfortunate bystander.  While Morehouse's dad was the primary culprit, the general was egging him on.  Truly infantile behavior, and I'd like to think an embarrassment to the players.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, torre said:

I have found many people in authority positions, military officers - religious leaders - law enforcement, are flat-out walking talking assholes.

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Casey Thompson has entered the chat 

FUCK THAT LOSER 

Nah.  But you do you.

Just now, DigDug said:

I have found many people in authority positions, military officers - religious leaders - law enforcement, are flat-out walking talking assholes.

Especially, when they serve beer at the games...  

4 minutes ago, DigDug said:

Those live amongst the peons, pissants and in BO&WS basement too.

14 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

The fact that noles are miserable makes me happy. The fact that noles are miserable and may have lost on a missed Mike Martin bad mojo call, making them lose their shot at another World Series, is even sweeter.

I agree it is hard to end a game like that on a call like that in the moment. FSU pictures allowed eight hitters in the ninth, and I think four straight two-out hits.    The boo-hoo does not move me.

4 minutes ago, petscii said:

Nah.  But you do you.

Especially, when they serve beer at the games...  

The incident I saw was before the game, and I'm pretty sure thin-skinned tempermental personalities were the issue, rather than beer.  JMO

1 minute ago, Gatorubet said:

The fact that noles are miserable makes me happy. The fact that noles are miserable and may have lost on a missed Mike Martin bad mojo call, making them lose their shot at another World Series, is even sweeter.

I agree it is hard to end a game like that on a call like that in the moment. FSU pictures allowed eight hitters in the ninth, and I think four straight two-out hits.    The boo-hoo does not move me.

Twist, twist, twist…..