Project 2025: The plan for radical republicans to take America back to the 1700s

Pancho

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

Not sure if she has connections to see the part that isn’t published or if she’s deducing based on what’s come out already; however, this sounds about right

That sounds great for the economy and inflation 

2 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

the parts of Project 2025 that they have not shared with the Left are found here:

9780358346296.jpg

I mean, the thing is....what we once made references to as a bit of hyberbole is losing more and more of its hyperbolic elements every fucking day.  Turns out that The Handmaids Tale really is a playbook, not a work of fiction.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I mean, the thing is....what we once made references to as a bit of hyberbole is losing more and more of its hyperbolic elements every fucking day.  Turns out that The Handmaids Tale really is a playbook, not a work of fiction.

1933 Germany ….

https://www.annefrank.org/en/anne-frank/go-in-depth/germany-1933-democracy-dictatorship/

• Rage+1 2

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

This needs to be blasted far and wide from now until the election.  This shit is evil.

80% of the Russian bots just follow up that it’s hyperbole and gaslighting everyone. It’s great for public discourse 

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

80% of the Russian bots just follow up that it’s hyperbole and gaslighting everyone. It’s great for public discourse 

Well, fortunately, the Heritage Foundation did us the favor of writing it down. So if someone calls it hyperbole, we simply point them to the document itself. Democrats need to start shouting it from the rooftops.

• Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I don't get it.  What's in it for them?  Just being assholes?

Also, this thread should be stickied at the top of the CR or something.  This shit is fucking nutzo and needs to be spread far and wide.

They’re burning it to the ground. Everything. Ashes are the goal 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Don’t forget, they want to nuke the national hurricane center  ….

This is the final key message today from the National Hurricane Center's forecast discussion:

"There remains uncertainty in the track and intensity forecast of Beryl over the western Gulf of Mexico this weekend. Interests in the southwestern and western Gulf of Mexico should monitor the progress of Beryl."

The forecasters at the National Hurricane Center are the best in the world at what they do and consistently outperform every computer model...and they acknowledge they don't know exactly how this all plays out over the Gulf.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I don't get it.  What's in it for them?  Just being assholes?

Also, this thread should be stickied at the top of the CR or something.  This shit is fucking nutzo and needs to be spread far and wide.

To monetize EVERY function of government....

like school vouchers, private prisons, toll roads, contract control towers at some airports....  

Why have the government do it, when we can have OUR companies do it, while we rake in money.

Edited by TeeDubya
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

7 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Reduced to its bare essence, P25 is a massive grift.

The problem is, at least some of these people genuinely believe in this shit and may well have a chance to push for it if given any sort of power.  It would be humorous idiocy for us to laugh at it, were it not for the fact that there is a very real possibility they might succeed.  If we dismiss this as a grift, we do so at our own peril.  While the initial point might be money, the people giving it and the supporters of it are very serious.  Their desire for societal regression is disgusting, but its real.  

• Hook 'Em 3

44 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

The problem is, at least some of these people genuinely believe in this shit and may well have a chance to push for it if given any sort of power.  It would be humorous idiocy for us to laugh at it, were it not for the fact that there is a very real possibility they might succeed.  If we dismiss this as a grift, we do so at our own peril.  While the initial point might be money, the people giving it and the supporters of it are very serious.  Their desire for societal regression is disgusting, but its real.  

I don’t find any of what’s happening in our country the least bit funny, and I’m concerned that not enough people are paying attention.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Satchel said:

60 years ago today and we find ourselves right back where we started - fighting to preserve hard fought victories:

yes, but someone back then figured that maybe tobacco companies shouldn't be intentionally poisoning people and so here we are today.

59 minutes ago, Satchel said:

60 years ago today and we find ourselves right back where we started - fighting to preserve hard fought victories:

Those who cannot remember the past are doomed to live out a metastasized version of it. 

Those of us who do learn from history have 4 months to make sure our friends and family do as well. 

Edited by Pods

16 minutes ago, Pancho said:

How else are we going to get back to the glory years of The Gilded Age that featured:

• The rise of Jim Crow laws in the South and the rise of sharecropping to replace slavery
  • Rampant corruption in government and business via vote buying and unlimited campaign contributions
  • Massive wealth inequality in favor of the rich business owners

"Government of the corporation, by the corporation, for the corporation" - Rutherford B Hayes

• Rage+1 1

Not a political person by any means but reading about Project 2025 has frightened the fucking shit out of me. The people advocating for this shit are either evil and/or lack the foresight of the consequences of what’s being discussed. I can’t imagine worshiping a politician to the point of wanting to promote that person to absolute ruler of our country. This is about as un-American as a manifesto could be, yet those that support this proclaim themselves as patriots. What a bizarre world that we live in. 

• Hook 'Em 5

Just now, Vertuzzi said:

Not a political person by any means but reading about Project 2025 has frightened the fucking shit out of me. The people advocating for this shit are either evil and/or lack the foresight of the consequences of what’s being discussed. I can’t imagine worshiping a politician to the point of wanting to promote that person to absolute ruler of our country. This is about as un-American as a manifesto could be, yet those that support this proclaim themselves as patriots. What a bizarre world that we live in. 

And that is why it need to be blasted far and wide.  Vote AGAINST this.  

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Vertuzzi said:

Welcome to the proverbial ledge.

15 minutes ago, Vertuzzi said:

and the further you delve the worse it gets. imagine what they're not telling us.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Vertuzzi said:

Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC

Just now, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I really think they're banking on the old "it sounds too far fetched to be true, so don't take it seriously" approach here. shit, it's what got dotard elected the first time

That’s been the bot campaign. “It’s not the official platform” “they can’t get this passed legislatively” “this wouldn’t hold up, everyone is overreacting”