Project 2025: The plan for radical republicans to take America back to the 1700s

Pancho

13 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

It’s 900 pages and I didn’t see any summaries. Somewhere in the universe someone has boiled it down to non-politically charged language. Thanks to TwiceHorn for providing one solid example. That’s what I was looking for.

As for the rest of you dipshits, I wasn’t expecting you to summarize it for me. I was looking for a source where it had been summarized. Fuck off .

It can't be boiled down to non-politically charged language because it is politically charged language. It can best be summarized as a Heritage Foundation wishlist.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, immamac said:

It's actually something in the 200s and it's never mentioning him specifically as the future president or the presumptive 47th president the majority of the uses are referring to the trump administration and not trump the person. There was only 4 full uses of Donald Trump in the entire document. 

It is actually 312, but the rest of your post is pretty accurate.  I think there is a public-facing aspect of this that has been around for a good long while and would reflect pretty mainstream conservative thought, pre-Trump.

But there's clearly a christofascist element of it that is just under the surface and pokes its head up from time to time even in the public documentation.

I don't care if it's ZERO times, the notion that the dotard has no idea about this project is completely laughable.  He is the party.  He is their god.  He's also a useful idiot that will implement their plans.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

None of the summaries include the turning over of all public lands and national parks to the highest bidder to manage and develop.  

Trump Tower Time Shares with views of El Capitan opening in 2026.

• Rage+1 4

12 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

None of the summaries include the turning over of all public lands and national parks to the highest bidder to manage and develop.  

I'm really excited for the Waste Management Grand Canyon venture.  

I found a few graphics/summaries that have been helpful- particularly to email to family who "can't find the facts and don't want to read a lot" (spoilered to avoid longcat)

Spoiler

GRwlDISacAEhJ2t?format=jpg&name=small

GRp-5YyW0AIVVLh?format=jpg&name=small

5 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Don’t do this man. I’d like to stay out of prison, but this shit would put me over the edge. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Don’t do this man. I’d like to stay out of prison, but this shit would put me over the edge

Over El Capitan?  

-Nah, I don’t think I’ll ever get over El Capitan.  Those wounds run…pretty deep.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Check out this Trump toady and architect of Project 2025. Joke my ass:

I think up cruel scenarios for a living.  Some of you have to endure my pontificating to that effect.  And yeah, we've all dealt with some aggressive panhandlers and maybe even to call something in.  But to just purposely drive around doing this to get them arrested for passing fake bills?  I mean there's insane cruelty, but like---this board of degenerates couldn't think that sick sociopathic idea up if you gave us all absinthe and 90 days.  I mean, there is certainly worse suffering being visited upon marginalized communities by Trump folks, but like he had to drop a lot of acid and google some pretty weird shit for days on end to come up with this.  

17 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Rubio is an anchor baby ….

I don't know where to start.  So I'll begin with his ending.  Never go with an insane January 6th MAGA Shaman on hallucinogens to a second location.  Specifically, a desert.  Do people just not know how to party anymore?  the look on Mike Davis' face when he says "It's gonna be glorious."  That wasn't political pandering.  He was genuinely getting an erection.  

They try to start rounding up people like that, the violence in this country will be unlike anything we’ve seen. That’s probably what they want so trump can enact the insurrection act. But again, that happens, the summer of 2020 will be child’s play 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 4

Over El Capitan?  

-Nah, I don’t think I’ll ever get over El Capitan.  Those wounds run…pretty deep.

Falling to your death in front of Trump’s face that will be carved into El Capitan as his personal Mount Rushmore is certainly one way to make a statement.

2 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Falling to your death in front of Trump’s face that will be carved into El Capitan as his personal Mount Rushmore is certainly one way to make a statement.

Why in the fuck do you keep giving the simulation ideas like this?  

And the face on Half Dome?  You guessed it.  Frank Stallone.  Or Eric Trump.  The algorithm is workshopping it. 

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

30 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

They try to start rounding up people like that, the violence in this country will be unlike anything we’ve seen. That’s probably what they want so trump can enact the insurrection act. But again, that happens, the summer of 2020 will be child’s play 

This is one of my biggest worries. Nazi pieces of shit 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Why in the fuck do you keep giving the simulation ideas like this?  

And the face on Half Dome?  You guessed it.  Frank Stallone.  Or Eric Trump.  The algorithm is workshopping it. 

I actually wouldn't mind falling to my death from Half Dome with our lord and savior Frank Stallone looking down on me 

Why was there only one set of carabiners holes in the rock, dear Frank.  Why did you forsake me in my time of need?

Frank, “My son, that is when I belayed you down the rock as one.  And we went to go kick Trump’s ass.  But first, I’d like to stay here in the Valley and crook a few of my tunes from “Staying Alive.”  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Fire Elmo GIF

4 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Rubio is an anchor baby ….

This fucking uneducated ghoul just said "eckspeshally"

Probably a religious homeschool graduate.  Fucking dicksucker probably says nookleear as well

• Hook 'Em 1

I could be wrong, but I don’t think the Jews (and other minorities) were armed the way Americans are. 

This.
If they fucking touch a fucking hair on the head of any of my US citizen family members, I’ll relish the chance to start killing MAGAs in response. FAFO.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Surprised this hasn't been posted here yet:

https://www.techradar.com/pro/gay-furry-hackers-attack-heritage-foundation-and-release-sensitive-data-related-to-project-2025

SiegedSec got its hands on the data on July 2, which (according to CyberScoop) contains information created between 2007 and November 2022 relating to a right-wing media website known as The Daily Signal, which has ties to the Heritage Foundation.

A member of the group who goes by “vio” told CyberScoop the hacktivist group launched the attack to provide “transparency to the public regarding who exactly is supporting heritage (sic),” and that the data contains “full names, email addresses, passwords, and usernames” of those who have interacted with Heritage.

Some of the data stolen includes US government email addresses, vio says. “This itself can have an impact to heritage’s (sic) reputation and it’ll especially push away users in positions of power.”

SiegedSec says that the attack is part of its “OpTransRights” campaign, which has included attacks against government websites and states with anti-abortion and anti-trans sympathies. This is the second attack the Heritage Foundation has faced this year, with the first forcing the foundation to shut down its network in April.

9nepc9jrjubd1.png?auto=webp&s=7b3ed08a7e480bc3f76d5ca4fd6c4f4e43a3b117

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Kinda weird that the Executive Director of arguably the most influential right-wing think tank in the country would keep opening messages from a Furry.  If you find it vile, Mike...maybe just quit opening them and block it.  I'm sure you have a robust IT team.  Maybe just go do your fucking job.  Or are you interested in that lifestyle?

There's gotta be one Heritage donor, they're bad folks but most of 'em didn't get rich being dumb........doing the math and calling Mike, "My assistant scanned the transcripts of all these bizarre exchanges.  Given how much I donate to you...we did the math.  I'm effectively paying you $100 to threaten Furries per week.  We need to talk about my next pledged gift.  Sickie."  

5 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Kinda weird that the Executive Director of arguably the most influential right-wing think tank in the country would keep opening messages from a Furry.  If you find it vile, Mike...maybe just quit opening them and block it.  I'm sure you have a robust IT team.  Maybe just go do your fucking job.  Or are you interested in that lifestyle?

There's gotta be one Heritage donor, they're bad folks but most of 'em didn't get rich being dumb........doing the math and calling Mike, "My assistant scanned the transcripts of all these bizarre exchanges.  Given how much I donate to you...we did the math.  I'm effectively paying you $100 to threaten Furries per week.  We need to talk about my next pledged gift.  Sickie."  

This will get their donors to give them even more.

• Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I'm not sure if you're aware, but it's a bit of a meme that furries tend to be IT admins lol

https://thespinoff.co.nz/internet/11-01-2022/who-runs-the-internet-furries

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

For many, sure.  And almost all will like the tone.  But donors that big, even asshole ones, really don't like it when you don't spend time on the core mission/vision.  If he had a press conference to say this, or ran an Op-Ed, or put in the Heritage newsletter---they'd love it.  But to know he's just sitting around exchanging messages (there's pages of shit like this), annoys some frugal donors.  But what do I know in this fucking simulation.  He'll probably send the Furby hacker guy a Teddy Bear with a noose around its neck and get a salary increase.  

8 hours ago, SKJ said:

This fucking uneducated ghoul just said "eckspeshally"

Probably a religious homeschool graduate.  Fucking dicksucker probably says nookleear as well

Meant nookyouler instead of nookleear

• Hook 'Em 2

52 minutes ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

And the people who need to be convinced of this, upon hearing Jeffries say it, asked, "Alexa, what does dastardly mean?"

• Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, F250 said:

Fire Elmo GIF

This reminds me, Project 2025 also sets it up to permanently defund the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB) and thus NPR and PBS. The major market stations will be able to survive for a while, but that will dry up funding for educational programming, as well as most of the rural and small market stations that rely on the federal subsidies to survive. Oh, and it also does away with license fee exemptions for non-commercial stations and seems to be pointing towards removing the 88-92 FM part of dial being reserved for public stations. 

Edited by sasquatch69
  • Rage+1 4

Posted (edited)

I'm sure it has been mentioned here, but the downsizing of NOAA (and by extension, the National Weather Service) is also listed.

I pulled this from Reddit:

I am bringing this topic to everyone's attention because this could have serious consequences for NOAA and its subsidiaries (National Weather Service, Storm Prediction Center, National Hurricane Center, etc.)

I normally don't get too picky on people joking around on topics in the sub, but this is very serious, so each and every one of you needs to be warned about the consequences of joking around in this topic.

Project 2025

Project 2025 is a conservative policy agenda that has gained attention in recent weeks. One of its proposals is to dismantle the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), which is a component of the Commerce Department. Here’s what you need to know about Project 2025 and NOAA:

What is Project 2025?

Project 2025 is a 900-page policy guide that outlines a conservative agenda for a potential second Trump administration. The guide was created by the Heritage Foundation, a conservative think tank.

What does Project 2025 propose for NOAA?

According to Project 2025, NOAA should be downsized. The agency’s six offices, including the National Weather Service and National Marine Fisheries Service, are described as “a colossal operation that has become one of the main drivers of the climate change alarm industry and, as such, is harmful to future U.S. prosperity.”

Why is NOAA a target?

Project 2025 argues that NOAA is a key driver of the “climate change alarm industry” and that its work is “harmful to future U.S. prosperity.” This suggests that the project’s authors believe that NOAA’s research and activities are exaggerated or misleading, and that the agency’s existence is not justified.

What would happen if NOAA is dismantled?

If NOAA were to be dismantled, it’s likely that many of its functions and responsibilities would be transferred to other agencies or eliminated altogether. This could have significant impacts on the country’s ability to monitor and predict weather patterns, track ocean health, and manage fisheries.

What are the implications for climate change research and policy?

If Project 2025’s proposal to dismantle NOAA were to be implemented, it could have significant implications for climate change research and policy. NOAA is a key agency for monitoring and understanding climate change, and its research and data are used to inform policy decisions. Without NOAA, the country’s ability to track and respond to climate change would likely be severely impaired.

What do experts think about Project 2025’s proposal to dismantle NOAA?

Many experts have expressed concerns about Project 2025’s proposal to dismantle NOAA. They argue that the agency plays a critical role in protecting the country’s oceans, coastlines, and natural resources, and that its research and data are essential for informing policy decisions.

Edited by Francisco 2.0

On 7/8/2024 at 8:46 PM, Neonmoon said:

I posted the link to the actual text. Read it yourself you lazy fuck

Give me a fucking break.  If you've read all 922 pages, congrats, but expecting the electorate as a whole to do the same is mind numbingly stupid.

I keep hearing "Project 2025, bad", but I honestly have no idea what's really in it and have neither the time nor the inclination to read 922 pages to find out.

Hell, if not for Cliff's Notes, I'm not sure I graduate.. so a version of Project 2025, like this, would be super helpful

image.png.f289f323ac96c6f17de340b48005d6f1.png

If team Biden were smart, which I'm beginning to question, they'd be pumping out Twitter sized bites for the public.

3 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Give me a fucking break.  If you've read all 922 pages, congrats, but expecting the electorate as a whole to do the same is mind numbingly stupid.

I keep hearing "Project 2025, bad", but I honestly have no idea what's really in it and have neither the time nor the inclination to read 922 pages to find out.

Hell, if not for Cliff's Notes, I'm not sure I graduate.. so a version of Project 2025, like this, would be super helpful

image.png.f289f323ac96c6f17de340b48005d6f1.png

If team Biden were smart, which I'm beginning to question, they'd be pumping out Twitter sized bites for the public.

They and others have been doing this. It’s all over this thread. It’s all over the internet. It’s not hard to find. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

They and others have been doing this. It’s all over this thread. It’s all over the internet. It’s not hard to find. 

I've seen what's been posted on this thread, but I've been searching for a bullet point summary and haven't found it.

Perhaps it doesn't exist, but it should.

4 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I've seen what's been posted on this thread, but I've been searching for a bullet point summary and haven't found it.

Perhaps it doesn't exist, but it should.

You didn't see posts #254, 255 and 258 on this page?

• Hook 'Em 1