Project 2025: The plan for radical republicans to take America back to the 1700s

Pancho

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, softlynow said:

You didn't see posts #254, 255 and 258 on this page?

I did, but none of those cover the whole document. 

I started looking because I read a Tweet that said Project 2025 eliminates overtime, but when I searched the document for overtime I found that's not true.  

So, I'm trying to find out what's really in there.

I'm starting to really become concerned about Biden's re-election chances, so I'm trying to understand what America will look like in a couple of years to determine if I need an exit plan.

Edited by DixonHur

52 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Give me a fucking break.  If you've read all 922 pages, congrats, but expecting the electorate as a whole to do the same is mind numbingly stupid.

I keep hearing "Project 2025, bad", but I honestly have no idea what's really in it and have neither the time nor the inclination to read 922 pages to find out.

Hell, if not for Cliff's Notes, I'm not sure I graduate.. so a version of Project 2025, like this, would be super helpful

image.png.f289f323ac96c6f17de340b48005d6f1.png

If team Biden were smart, which I'm beginning to question, they'd be pumping out Twitter sized bites for the public.

wut? every other tweet and communication from the biden campaign is about project 2025. might want to cull your feed

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Project25.jpg

I've seen this, and don't necessarily doubt they are true, but where are these in the Project 2025 document?

I've done a few keyword searches, like "retirement", "citizenship", "immigration", "overtime", "divorce", etc., but haven't found anything like what's mentioned in the image above.

Like I said, my curiosity is based on a Tweet I saw about the elimination of overtime, but that doesn't appear to be accurate based on a quick search, so I'm wondering how much of the reactions on Twitter is hyperbole.  IE how bad is shit about to get?

Sounding like I'm just going to have to at least skim the actual document.

7 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I've seen this, and don't necessarily doubt they are true, but where are these in the Project 2025 document?

I've done a few keyword searches, like "retirement", "citizenship", "immigration", "overtime", "divorce", etc., but haven't found anything like what's mentioned in the image above.

Like I said, my curiosity is based on a Tweet I saw about the elimination of overtime, but that doesn't appear to be accurate based on a quick search, so I'm wondering how much of the reactions on Twitter is hyperbole.  IE how bad is shit about to get?

Page 592:

bafkreidwopv3ha3yd3eu5ulmwlmbfrh2rggxi3dkkhz67hvhcktg3peyim@jpeg

Yes, yes, I'm sure you're going to claim that's not eliminating overtime.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Page 592:

bafkreidwopv3ha3yd3eu5ulmwlmbfrh2rggxi3dkkhz67hvhcktg3peyim@jpeg

Yes, yes, I'm sure you're going to claim that's not eliminating overtime.

I did read that, and you're correct, that is not eliminating overtime... it was positioned elsewhere as an option to earn 150% vacation time in lieu of 150% pay. 

image.png.275b39c6b1af51a4073230ea0f56dae1.png

And from the same page you posted from...

image.png.abc1db84272d76e6720007a1880ad39a.png

So, saying they are eliminating overtime is hyperbolic at best.

• Haha 1

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

I'm not sure how you search for "overtime" and fail to find the paragraph linked by @wildcat09.

Not sure how you can read that, and what I posted above, and come away with the conclusion that Project 2025 eliminates overtime.

6 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Not sure how you can read that, and what I posted above, and come away with the conclusion that Project 2025 eliminates overtime.

My bad, I thought you had said you saw no reference to "overtime".  At any rate, depending on the overtime structure, it could reduce overtime pay.  (I haven't been paid hourly (save contract work) since high school, and I've never managed anyone who isn't on salary, but as I recall some overtime schedules increase the 1.X multiplier as total hours worked per week rise.  This would mute that effect, for obvious intentions.)

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Awww, look at DixonHur doing Republican PR while still pretending he's a Democrat.

Narrator:  I'm not a Democrat.  I'm an independent which I've covered ad nauseum.

Though to be crystal clear I plan on voting for the Dem nominee, I just don't think Biden will win and want to know the facts about what America will look like, not the scare tactic version.

Edited by DixonHur

8 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I did read that, and you're correct, that is not eliminating overtime... it was positioned elsewhere as an option to earn 150% vacation time in lieu of 150% pay. 

image.png.275b39c6b1af51a4073230ea0f56dae1.png

And from the same page you posted from...

image.png.abc1db84272d76e6720007a1880ad39a.png

So, saying they are eliminating overtime is hyperbolic at best.

Your take is idiotic. The “flexibility” in those proposals are just tools for fucking over workers. The whining about how hard it is and the cool shit companies would do if the hard shit didn’t exist is pure nonsense. You’re going to bat for fascists and it’s just sad to see. 

• Hook 'Em 6

2 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

How am I doing Republican PR work... on checks notes... Surly?

Genuinely curious.

Asked and answered:

1 minute ago, softlynow said:

Your take is idiotic. The “flexibility” in those proposals are just tools for fucking over workers. The whining about how hard it is and the cool shit companies would do if the hard shit didn’t exist is pure nonsense. You’re going to bat for fascists and it’s just sad to see. 

This is "oh no this isn't about breaking up labor unions, it's just about the right to work!" shit. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Because the guys that wrote it have mentioned that not all of their plans are public. Most of Project 2025 is fairly generic, but gives them the tools to do nefarious shit. These people have gone on podcasts and the like saying all the extra nefarious shit they aim to do.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, softlynow said:

It literally says that the employee has the choice.  Maybe they are being disingenuous, but it's also disingenuous to say, "Project 2025 says they are eliminating overtime", when it doesn't say that.

1 minute ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Because the guys that wrote it have mentioned that not all of their plans are public. Most of Project 2025 is fairly generic, but gives them the tools to do nefarious shit. These people have gone on podcasts and the like saying all the extra nefarious shit they aim to do.

Finally, and unemotional response. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

This is "oh no this isn't about breaking up labor unions, it's just about the right to work!" shit. 

I'm sure you're on the other side of this argument, but having worked in several highly unionized industries, they don't get a ton of sympathy from me.

Edited by DixonHur
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

It literally says that the employee has the choice.  Maybe they are being disingenuous, but it's also disingenuous to say, "Project 2025 says they are eliminating overtime", when it doesn't say that.

Doubling down on the boot licking, I see.

There’s zero chance that the flexibility here is anything other than the flexibility to pay workers less. 

2 hours ago, DixonHur said:

I'm sure you're on the other side of this argument, but having worked in several highly unionized industries, they don't get a ton of sympathy from me.

I work at a union refinery. Plenty of MAGA morons here.

3 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

No.  You’re a dependent.  Every single thing you have done in this life has been somehow touched by government.  

What does that mean?  Technically, we're all at the mercy of government.

2 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

I work at a union refinery. Plenty of MAGA morons here.

No doubt.  I just hate dealing with unions.  I think the idea of a union is great, but the reality sucks.

I once got fined by a union for moving a light stand out of the way of a couple union members (from a different union), who were carrying a heavy piece of equipment.

And don't get me started on mobile generators.  If you have a generator on a truck you have to hire both a Teamster and an local electrical union member.

And the Teamster has to be there the whole time, even though the truck is stationary.  It's maddening.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Exactly right.  In some respects, it is just a big government reform project and a lot of it sounds efficiency-driven.

But when you look at the part that proposes replacing merit-based (more or less) civil servants with (christofascist) political hacks and then think about government reform from that perspective, it gets scary as fuck.

It doesn't really get scary until you consider that the heads of agencies and their main chieftains will be Mike Johnsons, Mike Davises, Josh Hawleys, Johnny McEntees, etc.  

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 6/26/2024 at 8:59 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

You know that one part of their plan will be to ensure that as many of their changes as possible cannot be overturned by a potential Dem admin or liberal court in the future. 

There won’t be any Dem administrations or liberal courts in the future. Problem solved!

On 7/11/2024 at 1:04 AM, SKJ said:

This fucking uneducated ghoul just said "eckspeshally"

Probably a religious homeschool graduate.  Fucking dicksucker probably says nookleear as well

I believe the preferred pronunciation is “nukular”. 

Just now, Pancho said:

Klan heritage foundation is already going on record saying the election is illegitimate before any vote has even happened. 

Pretends To Be Shocked Fake Shock GIF by AIDES

• Hook 'Em 1

The bad news is that they're obviously going to attempt a coup if they lose. The good news is maybe this time they'll actually all get shot when they do.

Please. Please let all of that happen. The only way we end this fucking insanity is to melt the barrels of .50 cals as we stack their bodies like cordwood on the Capitol steps. Fuck, I say lure them in…funnel them into a fucking shooting gallery, and then puree them by the hundreds.
Enough with this bullshit taking the high road and doing all we can to avoid a “constitutional crisis.” We’re in one. Time to fight.
  • Hook 'Em 2

20 hours ago, DixonHur said:

#Project2025 - page 731 has the FDIC’s section.

FB_IMG_1720886545954.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Please. Please let all of that happen. The only way we end this fucking insanity is to melt the barrels of .50 cals as we stack their bodies like cordwood on the Capitol steps. 

Like they said, "No bloodshed provided the Democrats allow this to happen"... (except he didn't say WHOSE "blood").

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ROFL BOX said:

#Project2025 - page 731 has the FDIC’s section.

FB_IMG_1720886545954.jpg

Here's an example of how subtle this is.  These are the paragrapha about FDIC:

The new Administration should establish a more streamlined bank and supervision by supporting legislation to merge the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, the National Credit Union Administration, and the Federal Reserve’s non-monetary supervisory and regulatory functions. U.S. banking law remains stuck in the 1930s regarding which functions financial companies should perform. It was never a good idea either to restrict banks to taking deposits and making loans or to prevent investment banks from taking deposits. Doing so makes markets less stable. All financial intermediaries function by pooling the financial resources of those who want to save and funneling them to others that are willing and able to pay for additional funds. This underlying principle should guide U.S. financial laws. Policymakers should create new charters for financial firms that eliminate activity restrictions and reduce regulations in return for straightforward higher equity or risk-retention standards. Ultimately, these charters would replace government regulation with competition and market discipline, thereby lowering the risk of future financial crises and improving the ability of individuals to create wealth.

At p. 705.  Ok, maybe.  That last part looks like ibank thunderdome, though, in which unsophisticated investors (ie people with bank accounts) get turbofucked.

But here's the kicker, 35 pages later in connection with monetary policy and the federal reserve, buried in an endnote:

24 Reforms should also strengthen the incentives of bank depositors (customers) and bank shareholders (owners) to monitor bank portfolios. Deposit insurance undermines the former, as even President Franklin Roosevelt recognized. Bailouts and last-resort lending undermine the latter.

I dare you to ask any Trumpist, including those in Congress, how to "monitor bank portfolios" to protect your deposits. 

ETA:  Shit, tell em to ask Jaime Dimon.  I bet he couldn't tell you except after the fact.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Rage+1 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

20 hours ago, DixonHur said:

Finally, and unemotional response. 

My dude

• Hook 'Em 3

15 hours ago, DixonHur said:

What does that mean?  Technically, we're all at the mercy of government.

Just saying, if you went to public school, drove on public roads, had the benefit of parents who had those things, had clean drinking water and god forbid reliable electricity, well you’ve built your life upon infrastructure designed by the common good, ie government.   

• Hook 'Em 4

28 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

It was never a good idea either to restrict banks to taking deposits and making loans or to prevent investment banks from taking deposits. Doing so makes markets less stable.

The Glass Steagall Act was part of the Banking Act of 1933 literally enacted after the 1929 market crash caused by speculative investing (among other things) and after repeal in 1999 due to banking lobby, again caused speculative MBS investment and the GFC of 2008

Project 2025 saying it isn’t a good idea is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever read about finance 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Just saying, if you went to public school, drove on public roads, had the benefit of parents who had those things, had clean drinking water and god forbid reliable electricity, well you’ve built your life upon infrastructure designed by the common good, ie government.   

Don't forget a Fire Department, police and other emergency services.  

I'm really excited about the prospect of going back to for profit fire fighting.  Should be just aces!

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Don't forget a Fire Department, police and other emergency services.  

I'm really excited about the prospect of going back to for profit fire fighting.  Should be just aces!

lol yeah.  My only point was we have all benefitted from an entity that provides a jumping off point to succeed.  Without that point you may as well have been some poor kid born in a 3rd world country.

• Hook 'Em 1