Project 2025: The plan for radical republicans to take America back to the 1700s

Pancho

40 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

I am convinced this guy is a modern day Oswald Mosely.  And I am also pretty sure he'd take that as a complement.  

Compliment, but I tend to agree.

• Hook 'Em 1

I think something that the Dems and Harris need to make clear when they talk about Project 2025 is that this isn’t something they made up or that they are selectively criticizing.

This is the plan that the GOP ACTUALLY PUT OUT ON THEIR OWN. 

Harris needs to consistently point this out. This isn’t cherry picking. This isn’t twisting the facts. Quote directly from it. Put out links to specific parts of the text from their own site. All of it is out there. Don’t let them claim conspiracy by the Dems.  

• Hook 'Em 5

22 hours ago, A-Tex Devil said:

I am convinced this guy is a modern day Oswald Mosely.  And I am also pretty sure he'd take that as a complement.  

That is a really apt metaphor. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 7/25/2024 at 4:29 PM, YGIFS said:

We’re not gonna tell you everything that’s coming.  Just this 990 page manifest which contains literally every detail of what’s coming.  

He sounds like Goebbels at the end “sure things look a little rough right now with all of our weapons systems totally depleted.  But alas, we have this secret super-weapon that nobody knows is coming in two weeks!”

Actually, it doesn't.  You have to read between the lines to see where it goes absolutely off the rails.

This shit is really insidious.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/26/2024 at 9:09 PM, Biff Tannen said:

I think something that the Dems and Harris need to make clear when they talk about Project 2025 is that this isn’t something they made up or that they are selectively criticizing.

This is the plan that the GOP ACTUALLY PUT OUT ON THEIR OWN. 

Harris needs to consistently point this out. This isn’t cherry picking. This isn’t twisting the facts. Quote directly from it. Put out links to specific parts of the text from their own site. All of it is out there. Don’t let them claim conspiracy by the Dems.  

You know, instead of the 800 texts from different versions of Dem campaigns, all pretty much saying the same shit, I'd love to see Harris have a daily informative text that provides one of the proposals from Project 2025, with a link to that portion of the document, and then a brief "please consider donating at this link".  Educate your troops in how to talk about this.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Tuco said:

You know, instead of the 800 texts from different versions of Dem campaigns, all pretty much saying the same shit, I'd love to see Harris have a daily informative text that provides one of the proposals from Project 2025, with a link to that portion of the document, and then a brief "please consider donating at this link".  Educate your troops in how to talk about this.

This.  Project 2025 backs up the "they're weird" attack and is the gift that keeps on giving.  Absolutely hammer this all the way to November.  Every.  Day.

• Hook 'Em 5

Not to be a Debbie downer, but of all the accusations about Project 2025 I have heard, I rarely see any actual quotes from the text of it. Maybe the meme team and Xitter crew could get on that so it isn't so easy to dismiss as hyperbole. Reading lists of bullet points to P2025 is about as useful as reading them a list of sins that god in the Bible committed. You gotta make them read the text about it and make them try to reconcile those actions against logic and open the door to them questioning the foundations of their beliefs. 

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Not to be a Debbie downer, but of all the accusations about Project 2025 I have heard, I rarely see any actual quotes from the text of it. Maybe the meme team and Xitter crew could get on that so it isn't so easy to dismiss as hyperbole. Reading lists of bullet points to P2025 is about as useful as reading them a list of sins that god in the Bible committed. You gotta make them read the text about it and make them try to reconcile those actions against logic and open the door to them questioning the foundations of their beliefs. 

it's really not hard to find information summarizing the Stephen King-size novel that is the manifesto of project 2025. hell, there are several links in this very thread,

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-campaign-puts-the-screws-to-project-2025-mastermind?ref=home?ref=home

Donald Trump’s campaign has forced an architect of the ultra-conservative Project 2025 manifesto out of his job at the Heritage Foundation, the Daily Beast can report exclusively.

Trump campaign manager Chris LaCivita “put the screws” to Project 2025mastermind Paul Dans in an effort to force him out and shut down the right-wing shop behind a sprawling blueprint that sought to overhaul the federal government and implement an array of far-right policies for a potential second Trump administration, a well-placed source told the Daily Beast.

Dans confirmed in an email to colleagues Tuesday that he is stepping down from his role at Heritage, where he directed Project 2025. Dans said in the email he was leaving in order to focus his energy on “winning bigly” for conservative candidates this election cycle.

His departure suggests Heritage is shutting down its work on the initiative more than a year after Project 2025 produced its cornerstone 900-page policy mandate that came to define the MAGA movement. The manifesto attracted widespread criticism in recent weeks over its extremist proposals that would overhaul a swath of policies and agencies, from abortion to civil liberties to climate to the Departments of Justice and Defense.

As the project backfired politically, Trump sought to distance himself from the group despite its naked ties to his first administration, with Project leadership boasting a number of senior Trump aides and close advisers.

The source told the Beast that the rift between the Trump campaign and the Heritage Foundation was not ideological, but rather was about power and who will ultimately control Trump World and make staffing decisions in a possible second Trump administration.

Spoiler

There’s just one glaring problem with the Trump camp’s attempt to distance itself from Project 2025: J.D. Vance’s fingerprints are all over the right-wing project. 

In fact, Vance wrote the foreword to a forthcoming book based on Project 2025, Dawn’s Early Light: Taking Back Washington to Save America, which outlinesa “second American revolution” written by Heritage Foundation President Kevin Roberts.

Vance praised the book, saying, “We are now all realizing that it’s time to circle the wagons and load the muskets. In the fights that lay ahead, these ideas are an essential weapon.”

The Trump campaign has not responded to requests by the Daily Beast for comment on whether the ouster of the Heritage Foundation’s Project 2025 author is part of an effort to further distance Trump from the controversy, or the difficulties VanceÆs ties to Project 2025 pose for the GOP campaign.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-campaign-puts-the-screws-to-project-2025-mastermind?ref=home?ref=home

Donald Trump’s campaign has forced an architect of the ultra-conservative Project 2025 manifesto out of his job at the Heritage Foundation, the Daily Beast can report exclusively.
Trump campaign manager Chris LaCivita “put the screws” to Project 2025mastermind Paul Dans in an effort to force him out and shut down the right-wing shop behind a sprawling blueprint that sought to overhaul the federal government and implement an array of far-right policies for a potential second Trump administration, a well-placed source told the Daily Beast.

Dans confirmed in an email to colleagues Tuesday that he is stepping down from his role at Heritage, where he directed Project 2025. Dans said in the email he was leaving in order to focus his energy on “winning bigly” for conservative candidates this election cycle.
His departure suggests Heritage is shutting down its work on the initiative more than a year after Project 2025 produced its cornerstone 900-page policy mandate that came to define the MAGA movement. The manifesto attracted widespread criticism in recent weeks over its extremist proposals that would overhaul a swath of policies and agencies, from abortion to civil liberties to climate to the Departments of Justice and Defense.

As the project backfired politically, Trump sought to distance himself from the group despite its naked ties to his first administration, with Project leadership boasting a number of senior Trump aides and close advisers.
The source told the Beast that the rift between the Trump campaign and the Heritage Foundation was not ideological, but rather was about power and who will ultimately control Trump World and make staffing decisions in a possible second Trump administration.

Spoiler

There’s just one glaring problem with the Trump camp’s attempt to distance itself from Project 2025: J.D. Vance’s fingerprints are all over the right-wing project. 
In fact, Vance wrote the foreword to a forthcoming book based on Project 2025, Dawn’s Early Light: Taking Back Washington to Save America, which outlinesa “second American revolution” written by Heritage Foundation President Kevin Roberts.
Vance praised the book, saying, “We are now all realizing that it’s time to circle the wagons and load the muskets. In the fights that lay ahead, these ideas are an essential weapon.”
The Trump campaign has not responded to requests by the Daily Beast for comment on whether the ouster of the Heritage Foundation’s Project 2025 author is part of an effort to further distance Trump from the controversy, or the difficulties VanceÆs ties to Project 2025 pose for the GOP campaign.

Yeah….there’s still no daylight between Trumpism and Project 2025. They’re both about being cruel, shitty, and consolidating power. He can’t run away from it. It is him.

• Hook 'Em 6

Another obvious point: there is nobody else. All of the people involved with planning Project 2025 are the only people who have been vetted for positions in the next Trump administration and there are no more normal Republicans to take those jobs. His administration would still be staffed with all of the same people pursuing all of the same policies. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dutchrudder said:

someone on here posted text from a goal of theirs to ease restrictions to allow children to work dangerous jobs.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Dutchrudder said:

20240729_122055.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

He's going to take credit for being so powerful that he can crush bad ideas that he has "nothing to do with" from people who cross him.

I mean, it's sadly going to work, but it's still pretty funny.

2 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

It’s 900 pages. Good luck. 

I swear trump literally said in a press event last week or so that he was putting one of the 2025 guys in his cabinet. It’s on video. Certainly that’s easy to dig up. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, yoladu said:

someone on here posted text from a goal of theirs to ease restrictions to allow children to work dangerous jobs.

Hell, they've already started that shit.

The fat, lazy eyed bitch from Arkansas passed a law a year or so back removing the requirement that you fill out a form if your under-16 kid wants a job.  And it ain't like these are paper route/lemonade stand jobs, either.  They've got kids thrown into meat packing plants.

https://www.npr.org/2023/03/10/1162531885/arkansas-child-labor-law-under-16-years-old-sarah-huckabee-sanders

• Rage+1 2

11 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Project 2025 must be polling horribly for Trump to come out against it this much. Of course it's still the playbook, they will just be quiet about it.

Yep.  And don't let them run from it.  His VP has fully endorsed the entire Heritage Society agenda. Trump's name appears in the plan hundreds of times.  It is their plan.  They intend to do every single thing in there, and more.  They wove that rope into a noose and slipped it around their own necks in a fit of hubris.  Hit the trap door and let them hang by their own noose.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yep.  And don't let them run from it.  His VP has fully endorsed the entire Heritage Society agenda. Trump's name appears in the plan hundreds of times.  It is their plan.  They intend to do every single thing in there, and more.  They wove that rope into a noose and slipped it around their own necks in a fit of hubris.  Hit the trap door and let them hang by their own noose.

Trump's current press secretary is in Project 2025 videos. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that a fair number of Team Trump were hired by the Heritage Foundation onto P2025 to give them a decent salary since 2021.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

reading between the lines...

We like it, but politically, it's a loser. Power down and then get back to us in 3 1/2 months.

God Bless the Electoral College,

- Donald J. Trump

Edited by yoladu
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

45 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Project 2025 must be polling horribly for Trump to come out against it this much. Of course it's still the playbook, they will just be quiet about it.

Absolutely it’s the playbook.  They will be making a run at birth control in Texas next year, as well as scaling back public education.

Thats what political ads in Texas need to be focused on - what legislators have already stated that they intend to do.

• Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Trump's current press secretary is in Project 2025 videos. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that a fair number of Team Trump were hired by the Heritage Foundation onto P2025 to give them a decent salary since 2021.

image.gif.8f5b21da07e1ed76d98c8ce27acfa504.gif

Six of his former Cabinet secretaries helped write or collaborated on the 900-page playbook for a second Trump term published by the Heritage Foundation. Four individuals Trump nominated as ambassadors were also involved, along with several enforcers of his controversial immigration crackdown. And about 20 pages are credited to his first deputy chief of staff.

In fact, at least 140 people who worked in the Trump administration had a hand in Project 2025, a CNN review found, including more than half of the people listed as authors, editors and contributors to “Mandate for Leadership,” the project’s extensive manifesto for overhauling the executive branch.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2024/07/11/politics/trump-allies-project-2025

5 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

You gotta make them read the text about it and make them try to reconcile those actions against logic and open the door to them questioning the foundations of their beliefs. 

ain't nobody got time for that GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

You gotta make them read the text about it and make them try to reconcile those actions against logic and open the door to them questioning the foundations of their beliefs. 

As Jack Nicholson said - to understand MAGA you think of a normal person and then take away reason and accountability.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, yoladu said:

We like it, but politically, it's a loser. Power down and then get back to us in 3 1/2 months.

- Donald J. Trump

It’s not part of the campaign. It never was. It’s a plan for what they’ll do once they regain office if Trump wins. The plan is written. Nothing has changed. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, yoladu said:

- Donald J. Trump

"We're not going to do what red states have already done and what GOP appointed Supreme Court justices said they wouldn't do during their confirmation hearings but went ahead and did anyway."

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

42 minutes ago, tx ind said:

A week and a half and Kamala has dispatched project 2025 and Trump is on the doorstep of firing his VP pick, that didn't take long.

Project 2025 isn’t going away and I’ve seen nothing from Trump that suggests he’s even considering firing Vance. I see Trump defending Vance.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

A week and a half and Kamala has dispatched project 2025 and Trump is on the doorstep of firing his VP pick, that didn't take long.

I wouldn’t start celebrating just yet.
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

I wouldn’t start celebrating just yet.

LOL anytime anyone says anything positive, here comes the Eeyores.  

Not even allowed any optimism.

42 minutes ago, Js1 said:

LOL anytime anyone says anything positive, here comes the Eeyores.  

Not even allowed any optimism.

Optimism starts on Kamala's inauguration day.

• Hook 'Em 6