Project 2025: The plan for radical republicans to take America back to the 1700s

Pancho

My fear is some of this stuff might actually be popular with middle America, specifically the round of the immigrants one. Of course, they think it won't affect them. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

7 minutes ago, mdmost said:

My fear is some of this stuff might actually be popular with middle America, specifically the round of the immigrants one. Of course, they think it won't affect them. 

Especially the very Latinos they propose rounding up

• Hook 'Em 2

16 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

IMG_0973.jpeg

I wish them luck in figuring out a way to deny women access to their bank account. Been trying to do that to my wife for a couple of decades now. It will not work!

• Haha 5

24 minutes ago, mdmost said:

It will be. 

28 minutes ago, immamac said:

Actual tweet not just image. 

When do you like the actual tweets and when don’t you like them, boss? I haz confused.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Does anyone have a simple summary of a non-politicized, non-propaganda version of Project 2025. What I’ve seen from Dems and Pubs are very politicized versions. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Pancho said:

When do you like the actual tweets and when don’t you like them, boss? I haz confused.

When they have links that are clickable without going to Twitter? 

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Does anyone have a simple summary of a non-politicized, non-propaganda version of Project 2025. What I’ve seen from Dems and Pubs are very politicized versions. 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952wvyswvbjymg9voywgq

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

wat

I think I’m missing something. Has everyone not seen the two sides’ memes of Project 2025? Of course you have. They are everywhere. 

24 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952wvyswvbjymg9voywgq

Maybe, but obviously I must be missing something. 

19 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Can someone point me to a non-religious version of the Bible?

Oh. So Project 2025 isn’t a serious piece of work, it’s just propaganda? Now that I think about it, why would I think they would produce serious work?

12 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

https://www.project2025.org/policy/

Do you want us to read it for you too?

Yes, and summarize each policy in a one sentence bullet point that is not described in propaganda language, but in a true description of what the policy really is trying to convey.  

But, if it is all just propaganda, then nevermind. And based upon the above I guess it is. So…nevermind?

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

Number one with a bullet is replacing federal civil servants, who are by nature and law apolitical (dEeP StATe!) with political appointees (demagogues).

• Hook 'Em 2

Here is some analysis 

Chapter on EPA

https://static.project2025.org/2025_MandateForLeadership_CHAPTER-13.pdf

image.thumb.png.78581450cf65df5d9b393dbfb430fe48.png

The statement asserts Biden is forcing the economy to build out unreliable renewables and make carbon sources very expensive 

Let’s see the source on that there assertion 

image.thumb.png.438e45b26aeb9b7a0417bce7d7621c9d.png

https://www.iwf.org/2022/10/31/fact-check-is-net-zero-an-effective-policy-for-stopping-climate-change/

The Independent Women’s Forum. A conservative non-profit organization started by some crazy bitch in an effort to attack Anita Hill for besmirching the honorable Uncle Clarence. (Seriously)

The conservative propagandist claims 

image.thumb.png.0a4f770581955b03aa0f42608c81cfa5.png

Let’s check her sources 

Oh for fucks sake, the Heritage Foundation. She literally just sums up the Heritage Foundation talking points. 

https://www.heritage.org/energy-economics/report/the-unsustainable-costs-president-bidens-climate-agenda

I mean, why listen to the IPCC when the Heritage Foundation climate scientists are on the case. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Rage+1 1

A rote version of it was sent to every Republican Chief of Staff of both the Senate and House members, by Heritage Foundation/Mandate for Leadership.  When Heritage mail is sent, it is opened first since donations aren't handled in office.  The exact copy was also sent to a number of legislative affairs directors at dozens of federal agencies, departments, federal benches, and embassies.  As a warning shot across the bow, they even sent one here to to the Consulate General of Mexico in Austin.  Because it has been disseminated to publicly elected officials and our foreign delegation guests, you could FOIA it.  Or you could just the fucking website they proudly posted it on.  

33 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I think I’m missing something. Has everyone not seen the two sides’ memes of Project 2025? Of course you have. They are everywhere. 

Oh. So Project 2025 isn’t a serious piece of work, it’s just propaganda? Now that I think about it, why would I think they would produce serious work?

Yes, and summarize each policy in a one sentence bullet point that is not described in propaganda language, but in a true description of what the policy really is trying to convey.  

But, if it is all just propaganda, then nevermind. And based upon the above I guess it is. So…nevermind?

What the fuck are you talking about

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Kinda tough trying to do non political reporting on a political project.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

I posted the link to the actual text. Read it yourself you lazy fuck

Nah. *Fingers butthole, waves hands.*

No read, give me explanation of many words.

Propaganda!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Okay, this is a little condescending "inside baseball" having worked with both Brookings (centre-left) and AEI (centre-right).  But Heritage, each Congressional session sends over a literal list of position stances and bills/votes suggestions (with admittedly some thorough research and analysis behind it) to every GOP member of both chambers of Congress.  Even to some regulatory agencies and judges.  The Democrats play this game, too.  Most of the time, it's skimmed by a policy affairs staffer, a few things are taken as talking points by a Clerk or Chief of Staff, and passed off as their own.  Been happening in this country for a century.  Been happening in Texas for decades.  

What makes this one unique is Heritage realized a nexus was at play.  Almost always, they have to write to the policy wonks as their audience.  And then hope that maybe with some in-house mustard, that some of that their donors and thought leaders kinda, sorta makes it to actual committee, bill-writing, and maybe even the White House.  They now have a Congress that will absolutely take whatever they pass along and give it to a President Trump with nobody having any reservation about it because the House/Senate members wouldn't defy Trump and Trump is too fucking stupid to even know what he's reading.  Even Heritage couldn't come up with a dream scenario like this.  Even if Trump has reservations about any of it, he'll just look around the room for adulation and the people that actually know the work of Heritage will simply say, "We're with you, Mister President."  The lightning speed with which this shit can be implemented with nobody questioning it as was the old way, should scare the shit outta some of you.  

There used to be a process to this because most Presidents didn't want to appear as being manipulated by think tanks or the Hill.  Trump thinks he's the one doing all the manipulating which makes him the perfect mark.  The Confidence Man being the mark of Confidence Man.  An enigma inside of a wrapped Big Mac riddle.  I'd recommend some of you start changing your names.  And we're torching this fucking website, sorry.  

• Hook 'Em 6

I love you, man, but there is no chance in hell that I'm ever going to read a YGIF's post that begins by acknowledging that there's condescension incoming.

• Haha 5

I guess the condescension should always just assumed?  

tl;dr---they've hit paydirt.  Normally committee policy wonks and legislative affairs directors at leadership wanna steer the ship, all the while dealing with White House political affairs offices.  Now a prominent think tank can just drop it off at the Oval and every single GOP Congress Member and Judge will go along with so as not to upset the Donald.  If you've ever read those things, they aren't super over-academic but require some expenditure of brain calories.  But this 2025 version was clearly written so a child-like Trump could absorb it and pass it off as his own and the Hill will go along with it and make like he invented language. 

• Hook 'Em 3

11 hours ago, Burt said:

I wish them luck in figuring out a way to deny women access to their bank account. Been trying to do that to my wife for a couple of decades now. It will not work!

My mom was an OFFICER at a bank in Florida in the mid 1970's and she had to have my father sign a waiver so she could open her own bank account.  It hasn't been that far back

• Rage+1 4

1 hour ago, Fastbreak said:

My mom was an OFFICER at a bank in Florida in the mid 1970's and she had to have my father sign a waiver so she could open her own bank account.  It hasn't been that far back

1974 - Equal Credit Opportunity Act 

prohibited denying credit due to gender 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I posted it on page 1 of this thread. He’s not going to read it. 

It’s 900 pages and I didn’t see any summaries. Somewhere in the universe someone has boiled it down to non-politically charged language. Thanks to TwiceHorn for providing one solid example. That’s what I was looking for.

As for the rest of you dipshits, I wasn’t expecting you to summarize it for me. I was looking for a source where it had been summarized. Fuck off .

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

you need to do a better job of weeding out bad sources of information. there is no "both sides" here (in fact, there rarely ever is - when one side is doing something shitty, they're usually the only one). quit getting your info from fucking memes and tiktok. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

It’s 900 pages and I didn’t see any summaries. Somewhere in the universe someone has boiled it down to non-politically charged language. Thanks to TwiceHorn for providing one solid example. That’s what I was looking for.

As for the rest of you dipshits, I wasn’t expecting you to summarize it for me. I was looking for a source where it had been summarized. Fuck off .

I legitimately couldn't tell if you were being serious or sarcastic.

Bill Powers used to make this joke about leading the legal team to develop what became known as “the Powers Report” after Enron imploded.  So they wrote up the Executive Summary.  And then had to write up a summary of that summary which was still like 8 pages.  

I think a Trump Executive summary of this Project 2025 will just be a post-it note that says “Trump is fantastic.  Anyone who opposes him should be deported, jailed, or killed.  America will be great again. We love you”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

I'm not gonna type this correctly, but I do believe there is a line where you show/teach young people the facts of the errors of our ways as a country so they can not repeat the same atrocities.  And then beyond that point, you're just berating them into either more hate or more self-loathing.  There's a balance in there, and I think we've done a decent job over the last 80 years of maintaining that while providing a robust Civics education.  BUT COME THE FUCK ON.  You don't think those kids in OCK or Lawton are gonna wonder/google why it's called the fucking "Sooner State."  Hide all the books, they're gonna find out how they got that state from Native American territories eventually.  May as well teach it by professionals with context.  I mean, yeah...there's a point where you should lay off the kid after the basic history lesson because you really should be telling it to the grandparents.  But it's on the fucking license plate for chrissakes.  

5 minutes ago, C-Man said:

13c2740e35e0a807349e2d4da982e462.jpg

312.  Area code for Chicago.  Home of the DNC Convention and all that rampant gun violence and big blue city rampant crime.  Coincidence?  We now go live to Grant Park...

17 minutes ago, C-Man said:

13c2740e35e0a807349e2d4da982e462.jpg

It's actually something in the 200s and it's never mentioning him specifically as the future president or the presumptive 47th president the majority of the uses are referring to the trump administration and not trump the person. There was only 4 full uses of Donald Trump in the entire document.