2025 CB Caleb Chester

• 5 weeks later...

Sadly, National Lampoon couldn't exist today.  But it was brilliant and hilarious in its time.   Influenced by the original Second City Theatre, it then served as an inspiration for Saturday Night Live and Second City TV.  Back when comedy was ask no quarter, give no quarter.

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, cafe society said:

Sadly, National Lampoon couldn't exist today.  But it was brilliant and hilarious in its time.   Influenced by the original Second City Theatre, it then served as an inspiration for Saturday Night Live and Second City TV.  Back when comedy was ask no quarter, give no quarter.

Secession had an extended bit about "Uncle "Mo" Lester, those kind of jokes are still around 

Edited by texifornia

On 6/12/2024 at 3:01 PM, honolulu horn said:

This is up there with the "Brooks was here, so was Red" response as far as all-time greats go. Bravo sir. Simply incredible.

I use "something must have happened to them'" on a regular basis

5 minutes ago, mr. sunshine said:

I use "something must have happened to them'" *on a regular basis

Something happened to em man*

I drop FTARH quotes all the time but the best one ever happened in my freshman year at Texas...playing spades and watching Letterman in the room across the hall with the 2 guys that lived there.  One was also on the phone with a chick he had seen a couple times and he was trying to escalate the relationship to the 'no pants dance' stage...she stopped responding and he said "hello...hello..." Then to us "I think the bitch hung up on me!" ...then panic-stricken "oh you're still there! I was kidding !"....then dial tone...after a minute or so of awkward silence I said "She never really was your girlfriend, Rat" to howling laughter.  You probably had to be there and be 18...

• Hook 'Em 3

• 2 months later...

Good thing Gideon has proven he can recruit and so far develop. Joseoh is still an unknown, but the secondary looks much improved. Taaffe has stepped up, but replacing Mukuba will be hard to replicate. 

At least we still have Money Muhammed, and maybe Cole steps up, or Kobe Black takes the next step. Jelani Mcdonald will be a force. I do wonder if we'll line up Ant and Tyanthony Smith takes over for Gbenda? I like our Tampa 2 and man coverage. Losing Barron will hurt, but we've recruited well enough that it may just be a minor drop-off. Just spit balling here. 

Feel free to chine in and let me know what y'all think?