Trivial things that make you embarrassed

Superhero

Since we have threads on things that make you surly / pleased, what about one about embarrassing moments? I'll start...

Early in my career, I had mad Excel skillz, and the company relied on me to link numbers from our working spreadsheet to the Owner's format with a whole bunch of rules, caveats, etc.   We were in the bid room, I was seated in front of my computer with my boss, his boss, and the boss's boss standing over my shoulder watching me work my magic.

The secretary had ordered Mexican food that day, and my stomach was grumbling.

You know how sometimes multiple conversations just quiet down for a brief second? Yeah, just at that moment, I tooted, just a bit, but loud enough for the 3 of them to hear.

My boss said "Okay, I think it's a good time to take a break", and the room cleared out. We all came back after 15 minutes once the smell had dissipated.

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

Shart thread is that way—->

Same thing happened to me in HS. We were on a school trip in CA, staying in a hotel. A group of us (guys and girls) were sitting cross legged in a circle, talking about whatever stupid HSers talk about. Despite my best efforts a squeaker got out. Brought down the house and I was humiliated. In retrospect, I should have just owned it. 

Later that night I did have a full make-out session with Natalie, who was in the group. Maybe that was her thing. 

Edited by nnm

15 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

I've spent the last 16 years reading and posting on surlyhorns and its predecessor. 

This is the embarrassed thread, not the why I am on the FBI watch list thread.

• Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

In high school, there was a girl named Dory who embodied a hairband groupie, complete with teased hair, leather jacket and tight, torn jeans. She was treated as an outcast and her social circle was a straight line.

At a "beach party" along the Elbe river, we got to talking and apparently I tried hard to get into her pants, unsuccessfully. I don't recall much of it, but my friends made fun of me for the next few weeks.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Bender Bending Rodriguez said:

I have the habit of saying “good morning” to people no matter the time of day. 

I said this to a cop when I got pulled over at 8pm. I was actually completely sober. But he certainly made me prove it with the sobriety test. 

On 6/13/2024 at 7:27 PM, CoTex said:

I was romantically involved with aggy med student in 2001 in Temple, Texas.

Leave Austin

Go to Temple

Romance aggy.

mistakes were made.

Shoulda gone the other direction and found me a “fashion merchandising” or “nutrition and diet” major at SWTSU.  

When I was grade school, one of the girls got sick right before her birthday party. Her parents told us it be rescheduled in 2 weeks after she got better.

I'm going to pretend that English was my second language (it is, but by then, I was fluent in English), but 2 weeks later, my dad drives me to her house. Her mom answered the door and asked why I was there. "Uhhh... isn't Natalie having a party?" "Ummm no, she's still sick, we said we'd reschedule AFTER she got better."

Thankfully my dad hadn't left yet, and I did the walk of shame back to the car.

• Haha 2