Terrence Howard Is Legitimately Insane

1 hour ago, PilotsError said:

He doesn't stand out in a world where doctors say men can give birth.  Every headline from The Experts is more insane than anything he said. 

If there really were a bunch of reputable doctors saying men could give birth (there aren’t)… it still wouldn’t be as insane as what Terrence Howard says. He’s been in victim mode ever since no one liked working with him on Iron Man and he got replaced by Don Cheadle, who’s portrayal has been far more popular & well-received. It broke his brain

• Hook 'Em 1

If you gave me 10 years of royalty checks, unlimited internet, tv and marijuana, unrestrained by the responsibilities of my family and professional career, I would be worse.

Compare him to some of the shit we watched on Austin public access from 1995-2005 and he’s average to boring.

Maybe we should applaud him for being somewhat more sensible than Britney Spears.  I mean, his clothes are on and he’s not dancing with knives.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, CoTex said:

If you gave me 10 years of royalty checks, unlimited internet, tv and marijuana, unrestrained by the responsibilities of my family and professional career, I would be worse.

Compare him to some of the shit we watched on Austin public access from 1995-2005 and he’s average to boring.

Maybe we should applaud him for being somewhat more sensible than Britney Spears.  I mean, his clothes are on and he’s not dancing with knives.  

I see people several times a day on the subway or just wandering random streets here whose minds are completely gone due to lack of mental health care, drug abuse or a combination of factors. Terrence Howard is a Rhodes Scholar in comparison.

20 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Ask Livia Live. 

There was some show that was a bunch of older ladies and a dude or two with some weird background and they sang/chanted the same song for a long time.  Just nonsense - maybe it was religious - not certain - but under the right conditions that garbage would suck you in.

19 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

I see people several times a day on the subway or just wandering random streets here whose minds are completely gone due to lack of mental health care, drug abuse or a combination of factors. Terrence Howard is a Rhodes Scholar in comparison.

First job after college my office was at 6th and Congress.  We saw things everyday and, as strange as this may sound, Leslie was consistent, predictable and somewhat sensible.

there was one guy that would roll out this utility cable spool and stand on it and just go fucking berserk.  He would keep increasing the intensity of his berserkitude until the cops showed.

One day he taped water balloons on his chest like saggy tits.  One day he brought out a full toilet and put it on top of the spool.  One day he climbed the traffic light pole out over the street.  I called him spoolman and, when spoolman showed there would be screaming and an arrest.

54 minutes ago, CoTex said:

First job after college my office was at 6th and Congress.  We saw things everyday and, as strange as this may sound, Leslie was consistent, predictable and somewhat sensible.

there was one guy that would roll out this utility cable spool and stand on it and just go fucking berserk.  He would keep increasing the intensity of his berserkitude until the cops showed.

One day he taped water balloons on his chest like saggy tits.  One day he brought out a full toilet and put it on top of the spool.  One day he climbed the traffic light pole out over the street.  I called him spoolman and, when spoolman showed there would be screaming and an arrest.

I remember seeing Leslie a few times. Seemed pretty harmless. 

Spoolman seems like he really wanted and needed the attention. The mind is a fragile thing and sometimes when I see folks who have lost control of their mental faculties I wonder what it was that sent them over the edge. Who were they before the person we saw doing things similar to Spoolman? I feel sadness for these folks because it could easily be you or I in that situation. We get one life and some folks have theirs destroyed by mental illness and a complete break from reality.

2 hours ago, CoTex said:

Jesus?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, CoTex said:

285AE820-1442-4EE7-A931-992EFF1E3D34.png.2f630ef80f684dda7b6178edf059f0a1.png

If I would have told you in 1997 this dude would one day have a direct line to the POTUS, I would have sounded as crazy as Terrence Howard. 

Edited by MrBig
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

To come full circle, I don’t think Terence Howard is insane.  Uneducated and susceptible to hack b.s. more like it.

Can’t really tell from Wikipedia but my guess is he has limited education, had some spare time and a thirst for knowledge, and he got off track.  Layer in some mj smoking and tendency to believe conspiracies and voila.

He’s just repeating some shit someone else spun up and he’s half-assing that.

Dude would really benefit from things like:

1.  AP world/US History

2. Biology 1 at some community college

3. Astronomy 1 from some university

4. A weekly lunch with some smart successful people.

I suspect he doesn’t really have access to any of these things.  I bet most kids of surly participants have better sounding boards than he does.

oh, and honest question, how much do they smoke before ring turns on the camera?  That might be important.

• Hook 'Em 1

I agree. A quick reading of his life shows no real higher education outside of the Pratt Institute, which closed down. He was pursuing engineering there apparently. He just has a very limited knowledge of the world around him and how things work. He and Kyrie Irving definitely share that in common. 

I have no idea what that has to do with Terrence Howard being nuts, but...

"At first glance, the signs are innocuous, simply directing traffic on the road. But longtime queer residents of Silver Lake knew they were a symbol of the neighborhood’s darker past.

Messages like, “No cruising. No U-turns. Midnight to 6 am” were posted around the neighborhood in 1997, with the intent to curb gay men from roaming the streets to hook up.

For years the signs remained, even as the city’s leadership changed and the community grew — until this week. In a celebration with LGBTQ community members, District 4 Councilmember Nithya Raman and District 13 Councilmember Hugo Soto-Martinez retired the signs on Monday."

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2024-06-12/silver-lake-retires-their-remaining-anti-gay-cruising-signs

• Hook 'Em 4

11 hours ago, PilotsError said:

He doesn't stand out in a world where doctors say men can give birth.  Every headline from The Experts is more insane than anything he said. 

Jesus Christ, COVID fucking broke some people. 

"Hey, come laugh at the batshit crazy actor."

"But what about trans people and the medical community!?! Derp, derp, derp."

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

8 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Jesus Christ, COVID fucking broke some people. 

"Hey, come laugh at the batshit crazy actor."

"But what about trans people and the medical community!?! Derp, derp, derp."

To be fair, he was already broken. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, CoTex said:

To come full circle, I don’t think Terence Howard is insane.  Uneducated and susceptible to hack b.s. more like it.

Can’t really tell from Wikipedia but my guess is he has limited education, had some spare time and a thirst for knowledge, and he got off track.  Layer in some mj smoking and tendency to believe conspiracies and voila.

He’s just repeating some shit someone else spun up and he’s half-assing that.

Dude would really benefit from things like:

1.  AP world/US History

2. Biology 1 at some community college

3. Astronomy 1 from some university

4. A weekly lunch with some smart successful people.

I suspect he doesn’t really have access to any of these things.  I bet most kids of surly participants have better sounding boards than he does.

oh, and honest question, how much do they smoke before ring turns on the camera?  That might be important.

Well he did have access to an astrophysicist at one time and the results were hilarious

Edited by Hermanator
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

I don’t think Terry’s actually insane. He just has some celebrity and thus more access to regurgitate the nonsense he’s read. There are unknown and unsung versions of this dude everywhere. It’s good old fashioned egocentric sophistry. Or as we like to say in Texas, “If you can’t dazzle ‘em with brilliance, baffle ‘em with bullshit.”

• Hook 'Em 2

20 hours ago, Red Five said:

I like how a thread about a crazy person saying crazy things instantly became a thread about something completely different. 

57df6c76-6ea9-4ab5-af48-3fdc7bc29208.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

Absolutely this is the guy, thank you lol. Be high mid day glued to the floor of my sublet at campus estates off riverside eating hot dogs and freaking out 

My first experience with him was waking up at 3am and the TV still being on.  He was ranting and raving about W with the kids cheering in the background.  It took me a while to accept that I had not entered some sort of Darren Aronofsky hellscape.

19 minutes ago, Kringelbert Fishtybuns said:

My first experience with him was waking up at 3am and the TV still being on.  He was ranting and raving about W with the kids cheering in the background.  It took me a while to accept that I had not entered some sort of Darren Aronofsky hellscape.

18 hours ago, MrBig said:

285AE820-1442-4EE7-A931-992EFF1E3D34.png.2f630ef80f684dda7b6178edf059f0a1.png

If I would have told you in 1997 this dude would one day have a direct line to the POTUS, I would have sounded as crazy as Terrence Howard. 

Welcome to hellscape

Great video. Mainly the point at the end where Terrance and Joe should be mocked to their faces for how stupid they are. Their stupidity is ruining society because other stupid people listen to these stupid people. 

• Hook 'Em 2

The “Debunker” host asshole lost me when he pronounced the great man’s name PIE-tha-go-rus.  He never even said “hypotenuse” either.  
I’ve seen Terrence in a few films. Seemed like a decent actor to me.  Perhaps he is actually interested in learning something new.  Bravo, Terrence.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

He's not insane, he's just lost.

My recollection is that he mentally broke after getting booted from Iron Man 2. His career never recovered and he watched the MCU alpha the industry and Cheadle cash the checks. This is the result of a lost man searching for a way back to a life that is gone.

Edited by Herpa Derpa
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, definitely not derka said:

i don’t watch movies or follow what’s going on in hollywood. what happened with TH and iron man?

He was first to sign on for IM and the highest paid. IM2 rolls around and he says Marvel tried to fuck him and gave his money to Downey, Jr. Unclear as to which side actually blew up the negotiations. Director Favreau says he was a PITA to work with. Role is re-cast with Don Cheadle who goes on to play it in 5 additional movies, a TV show, and more to come.

Also has a history of spousal abuse, so no sympathy for the fucker.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I was in an Uber recently and the driver was listening to Joe Rogan. The display said Terrence Howard was the guest but it was just someone rambling about how he had rearranged the periodic table or something. It was like a 10 year old a had flipped through the dictionary, written down a bunch of science-y words, and then rearranged them. I just figured the display was showing the wrong info and it was some random crank. Neither the guest or Rogan said one word about acting in a movie or a TV show the entire time I was in the Uber. I guess I was wrong?

Also I’ve never listened to Joe Rogan before but he seems pretty useless. He barely even spoke as this guy rambled off the most nonsensical gibberish I’ve ever heard. Just an occasional “uh-huh” or something. What’s the point? He may as well just hand the microphone to the guest and go take a nap while they monologue. 

On 6/15/2024 at 5:28 PM, CoTex said:

I wouldn't say uneducated. You see this kind of personality in engineering a lot, especially if you're in software. Lots of people that will learn just enough to think they're smarter than everyone else but don't have enough self-awareness/sense to recognize what they don't know. Constantly trying to reinvent the wheel, etc.

On top of that, there's almost no way he has anyone in his orbit that he respects enough to listen to when they tell him what he's saying is nonsense. If he's that twisted about Neil D. Tyson's very respectful critique, then there's no shot anyone close to him is getting through to him even a little bit.

I mean, just think about this for a second:

Imagine being fortunate enough to be able to send the most famous astrophysicist in the world a bunch of nonsense and gibberish, and then having him actually take you seriously and give you frank & honest notes like he would do for any of his scientific peers....and your response is to then throw a tantrum and put him on blast while you talk to a tiny little ninja turtle looking chimpanzee man on one of the widest reaching platforms there is. Wild shit.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, tokamak said:

Also I’ve never listened to Joe Rogan before but he seems pretty useless. He barely even spoke as this guy rambled off the most nonsensical gibberish I’ve ever heard. Just an occasional “uh-huh” or something. What’s the point? He may as well just hand the microphone to the guest and go take a nap while they monologue. 

Rogan's show used to be pretty good, but since the Spotify deal he won't really (with a small handful of minor exceptions) have anyone on the pod that challenges his beliefs in any way, when before that he legitimately sought out a wide range of viewpoints, had a ton of interesting scientific folks on, some politicians, etc etc. He's a legitimately good interviewer when he comes prepared and gives a shit. He doesn't really give a shit anymore.

Like many Americans, COVID pretty much destroyed his brain and his guests nowadays are mostly dudes in the MMA orbit and cranks.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/16/2024 at 5:28 PM, definitely not derka said:

i don’t watch movies or follow what’s going on in hollywood. what happened with TH and iron man?

Dude who was in like 20% of the movie and played a character called "war machine" wanted to get equal pay with Robert Downy Jr, who plays Iron Man, in a film called Iron Man 2. They said "lol no" so he walked.

• Haha 2