Hard Knocks 2024: Offseason with Giants, Training Camp with Bears and Midseason with the AFC North

4th&Five

• 3 weeks later...

This week’s episode was really good. I loved the player interviews at the combine and Daboll grilling them with rapid fire changes to coverages. Footage in those meetings is rare

The conversation on fat coaches running the 40 are great as well

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Texzilla588 said:

This week’s episode was really good. I loved the player interviews at the combine and Daboll grilling them with rapid fire changes to coverages. Footage in those meetings is rare

The conversation on fat coaches running the 40 are great as well

same.  going inside the interview room was pretty interesting to me.

I find this Giants offseason show far more interesting than any of the training camp shows.  You’ve got scouting, trades, free agency, draft. Really cool to see honest opinions behind the scenes.

Training camp is boring, everyone thinks they are Super Bowl bound and it’s all sunshine and roses.

• Hook 'Em 3

On 7/10/2024 at 1:03 PM, Texzilla588 said:

Receiver dropped on Netflix today. 8 eps following Kittle, Deebo, St Brown (his father 2 time Mr universe), Devante Adams, Justin Jefferson thru 2023.

His dad going on about he needs coke was pretty funny.   

Agreed. Most team use a war room with all kinds of elaborate ranking boards. Schoen has his guys crowded uncomfortably into his office with ikea furniture and a white board. It looks amateurish and all these guys making million dollar decisions just spouting shit. They also didn’t seem to anticipate the moves other teams made.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...

Schoen isn’t very clever. Hey Saquan you wouldn’t want to play for less so you get in the Giants ring of honor someday, would you? How did our free agents all leave. Daniel Jones we believe in you ! Where’s Tyrod? Which QB can we draft? I guess we’ll stand pat. No one was even calling him. Giants will clean house again after this shit season to come.

Hmm. I haven't seen enough of Williams to agree or disagree. I think he's got a pretty special bag, though. 

I really liked this. Better than any of the Giants episodes imo. The framing of Chicago was really cool. Top 5 series on TV for me. 

The Saban conversation was a huge lesson in developing a winning QB. And how that QB leads a team. It was a lesson every front office and coach and qb could learn from. Dak is a perfect example in why he can’t put a team on his shoulders.

Bears have an inhouse barber. I think it was better when the players did their own and rookies all got their goofy hairdos. Or Michael Irvin stabbing teammates with scissors.

19 hours ago, Texas St. Armadillos said:

Caleb looks like the 2nd coming of Russell Wilson.  And I mean the Broncos version.  Something off about his personality. 

He's phony as shit.  All this confidence in him seems very forced on management's side. The guy screamed down teammates and literally cried to his mommy after a loss at USC, and they think he will be able to handle adversity at this level? 

21 hours ago, Texas St. Armadillos said:

Caleb looks like the 2nd coming of Russell Wilson.  And I mean the Broncos version.  Something off about his personality. 

He can’t handle pressure.  That shit won’t fly in NFL.

Man this Bears show is boring….give us something, anything, like an interesting personality, some internal conflict, joint practices, fights.  Things are just going too smoothly for this bunch of earnest hardworking players and coaches.

Bears will be really good this year though, which pains me as a Lions fan.