Hard Knocks 2024: Offseason with Giants, Training Camp with Bears and Midseason with the AFC North

4th&Five

22 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Looking forward to the Hard Knocks episode where Schoen and Daboll’s wives go to lunch with their realtor to sell their houses because of Daniel Jones. 

The Giants investing so much money in him is funnier than the Eagles paying Carson Wentz

Random comments on Bears episodes...

Everything involving Willams seems forced.  He's not charismatic.  He slouches in important 1:1 or 2:1 meetings w/ coaches.  Seems like he'll flounder at any setback.  QB2, QB3, and QB4 are more interesting and compelling people than Williams.

Rome and Kmet are interesting folks - more time should be spent there.  

The scene with Moore's $102mm extension was odd.  He seemed disinterested.  Everyone's body language was "off".  And it seemed like they were extending him 1 year early and for crazy money.  I guess I do not understand the NFL salary story any more :)

Much better episode this week.  They figured out Eberflus is a bore and have largely cut him out.  Tyler Bagent will someday be a starting QB in the NFL.  Aussie punter was interesting.  Caleb “I never feel pressure” Williams is an interesting cat who carries his stuff in an expensive purse.

Here’s a fantasy conundrum:  which Bears WR scores the most points this year?  Odunze, DJ Moore, or Keenan Allen?  I honestly couldn’t even guess.

• Like 1

C'mon man, this is SO Chicago. We got a QB, we got a Coach! This is the year!

Liev Schreiber: The quarterback... wore nail polish. While 'Flus did a makeover to his looks, the look in the field hasn't changed.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Minute Bull said:

Much better episode this week.  They figured out Eberflus is a bore and have largely cut him out.  Tyler Bagent will someday be a starting QB in the NFL.  Aussie punter was interesting.  Caleb “I never feel pressure” Williams is an interesting cat who carries his stuff in an expensive purse.

Here’s a fantasy conundrum:  which Bears WR scores the most points this year?  Odunze, DJ Moore, or Keenan Allen?  I honestly couldn’t even guess.

Pressure? No 

The sads? 

Sometimes 

maxresdefault.jpg

7 hours ago, Minute Bull said:

I wouldn't bet against Keenan Allen.  But damn, that's a strong WR room.

Ain’t fucking with Papa Bagent.
Height difference between P & K was funny.
Incredible lack of self-awareness by Simone. 

If you can find the full clip of the old man with Peliserio on NFL Network it is hilarious TV. He’s not just a badass but really good on TV too.

On 8/21/2024 at 8:31 AM, billfromlaketravis said:

I can’t deal with Caleb Williams shrugs, bad posture, and smirks. I’m out. 

Caleb is so dry, boring, and uninspiring, I bet he’s the one who told Lincoln Riley that brisket looked delicious. 

Noticed someone caught themselves mid-cuss word the other night, now we know why. 

If there's one thing that "Hard Knocks" is known for, it's the profanity. Not only does the show give you an inside look into how NFL teams operate, but it also gives you an inside look into how players and coaches act on the field. 

For instance, one of the most famous clips in "Hard Knocks" history came in 2010 when Rex Ryan, who was coaching the Jets at the time, dropped multiple F-bombs during a speech that didn't end until he eventually told the team that it was time to "go eat a goddamn snack" 

Although the show has been laced with profanity over its 23-year run, you won't see any curse words for the Bears' version of the show and that's actually by design. 

The director of 'Hard Knocks,' Shannon Furman, recently did an interview with CHGO and she was actually asked about the lack of curse words this season. As it turns out, HBO decided to cut out all the profanity out of respect to the McCaskey family, which owns the Bears. 

"I'll be honest, this team curses much less than any other team I've been around, but it is out of respect for the McCaskey family," Furman said of why the curse words have been taken out of the show, via Bearswire. "It's something that they don't do and wouldn't want to see it, so it's kind of a decision that was made out of respect for them letting us in their house and wanting to be respectful to them." 

12 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

3rd time in 3 weeks. 

On 8/20/2024 at 10:06 PM, Baboontyme said:

Man I feel old. Second time in two weeks every person in that auditorium knew every word to the song and I had zero idea what it was. 

This also happened to me but it started about thirty years ago.