Co-worker shenanigans: the funny stuff

Parliament

About 12 or so years ago, our HR lady "retired" after word got back from one of her many conferences she would attend. The company called and asked that she not return because she would show up to the buffet spread they provided and instantly make 3-4 plates of food to take home to her husband. She would do this every time she went to one of these things and I guess they finally had enough of it. She was way past her retirement threshold (state job) and they told her to quietly GTFO. 

I was a lifeguard at Barton Springs for years. When we would clean the pool, instead of schlepping the water hoses from the storage room all the way around the pool to the other side, we would just swim them across. 

After hosing off the decks, we would roll the hoses back up without draining them and tell the new guy (whoever that was) to swim them back across. New guy would jump in with 30 or 40 feet of water hose curled up, and the hose would promptly sink to the bottom of the pool. 

Turns out water hose float pretty well when they are empty, but sink like very long, tangly rocks when full of water.

edit to add more lifeguard shenanigans: 

When we would train with the backboard, if any new guy was the victim, once he was secured to the backboard, lifted out of the water, and placed on the deck, we would all stand over them and wring out our wet bathing suits onto their face. 

Edited by High Plains Drifter

On 6/24/2024 at 12:01 PM, Tylerocks said:

Just sales shenanigans.  We would leave notes for one of the reps to return the call of a prospect

Pete Zahut- then the # of a local pizza hut

We had a girl call the Houston Zoo asking to "speak with Mr. Lyon"

Sales job in Austin. Secretary gave me a lead and a phone number the first day (L.C. Dachau). I thought to myself what a terrible coincidence to have a last name that was tied to a concentration camp. I promptly walk to my new desk and called the number, which was the Austin Borden's milk distribution center. I ask to speak to L.C. Dachau. The secretary told me "she" was out to pasture at the moment, and would I like to leave a message?

Apparently it was a daily occurrence, the answer was immediate, and there wasn't a hint of humor in her voice.

CHIEF

• Like 1
  • Haha 3