NBA Offseason Thread 2024 - Fuck you, pay me

Kermit

1 hour ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Does anybody know what was the question to which he doesn't give a fuck?

I'm still amazed that they hired this guy. Absolutely amazed.

That family is destroying a great franchise.

The Breakfast Club Ngapa GIF

The more I think about it the more I think it's not bad, I mean yeah you want a guy with more experience but Darvin Pockethands had plenty as an assistant and it didn't make a shit.

Edited by Pam Cummings

31 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

The more I think about it the more I think it's not bad, I mean yeah you want a guy with more experience but Darvin Pockethands had plenty as an assistant and it didn't make a shit.

If you assign a grade for the traditional NBA coaching  role, the hire is probably a D+. However once you realize they were just hiring a dickpuppet for LBJ, its a B- easy. 

• Like 1

The question was something about the perception of his hiring/the hiring process from the outside world.

I like JJ, and while I don't really like the Lakers I am rooting for him to succeed. He's a pretty bright dude and I wouldn't put it past him to figure things out pretty quickly. He's not going to win a championship with that roster as it is currently constructed, though, that is for sure. 

9 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

The question was something about the perception of his hiring/the hiring process from the outside world.

I like JJ, and while I don't really like the Lakers I am rooting for him to succeed. He's a pretty bright dude and I wouldn't put it past him to figure things out pretty quickly. He's not going to win a championship with that roster as it is currently constructed, though, that is for sure. 

It does seem a bit strange. It also seems strange that the coaching in the NBA, to me at least, seems to be lacking in, I don't want to say "star power", just maybe lacking in big personalities. I reckon that's a natural evolution from player/GMs like LeBron and players like KD leaving for a new team every couple of years. Trying to catch lightning in a bottle for a couple years is where we are.

Gotta hand it to the nets. They looked dead in the water as a franchise and now they have a real path forward for the rebuild. Unbelievable reclamation project. Did they not get either of the Knicks frp this year?

I’m a little surprised Houston agreed to give up the nets 2025 pick. That one was for sure going to be in the lottery and the 2025 draft is tasty. 

Knicks are better than the bucks, they’ll be pretty tough out when randle returns. Randles not some winning player by all means but he’s decent. Losing IH is gonna hurt because Mitch Robinson always has health issues, and nobody after that

I suppose we gotta see what Philly does with their cap space

53 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Knicks are better than the bucks, they’ll be pretty tough out when randle returns. Randles not some winning player by all means but he’s decent. Losing IH is gonna hurt because Mitch Robinson always has health issues, and nobody after that

I suppose we gotta see what Philly does with their cap space

I cant imagine them keeping Randle with the money they will have to spend to keep OG and Hartenstein.

2 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Knicks go from the 3rd best team in the East to the 3rd best team in the East and give up 5 first rounders and an unprotected pick swap?

They aren’t done yet- MSG is currently negotiating with the Lanape tribe to move real estate holdings and future gate revenues in return for axe heads, cat gut, bolts of woven fabric, wampum, beads and a puncheon of divers trading-goods. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

11 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

how on earth is golden state going to be able to offer anyone a 4 year max contract??

They still have Chris Paul's 30m deal on the books, which I believe has an option for later this week. Then they still have some other contracts like Kuminga and whatever to make up the difference. Not sure what LAC would want, but there's no way for GS to offer that amount with outright cap space.