NBA Offseason Thread 2024 - Fuck you, pay me

Kermit

10 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

It’ll be interesting to see what’s going to be the worst trade in sports history? PG to LA or panthers trading up for Bryce young

Deshaun Watson.

The PG one isn't even that bad compared to other "worst of all times". PG has been good for them at least and it was a package deal to ensure Kawhi signed.

Russillo and Simmons have discussed it at least a couple times. 

So ESPN lays off lowe, one of the few that actually watches games? Hopefully he’ll latch on to amazon, nbc or whatever. Watching the NBA countdown desk during the playoffs, I did notice Lowe looked disinterested on the end of the desk while working with a bunch of idiots shouting out nonchalant BS for 30 min

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

So ESPN lays off lowe, one of the few that actually watches games? Hopefully he’ll latch on to amazon, nbc or whatever. Watching the NBA countdown desk during the playoffs, I did notice Lowe looked disinterested on the end of the desk while working with a bunch of idiots shouting out nonchalant BS for 30 min

At least they're keeping Lisa Salters.  She watches lots of NBA games. Except she admitted she had never seen Jokic play a single game during last year's WCF.  Quality work there, ESPN. Your sideline reporter has never watched a single game the (then) 2x MVP played.

22 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Wait, what?!? What happened to Lowe? Love that guy's podcast. 

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Man, fuck ESPN. They put Lowe's content behind their ESPN+ paywall, then fire the guy likely in no small part because his old regulars--including me--no longer generate enough clicks because fuck the entire concept of ESPN+ from a company that's been taking 40% of everyone's cable bills for 4 decades.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Chewbacca said:

At least they're keeping Lisa Salters.  She watches lots of NBA games. Except she admitted she had never seen Jokic play a single game during last year's WCF.  Quality work there, ESPN. Your sideline reporter has never watched a single game the (then) 2x MVP played.

that's quite an admission. at first i thought she might have meant she'd never seen him in person but the more she talks the more it makes sense that this is the first she's EVER seen him play. 

29 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

that's quite an admission. at first i thought she might have meant she'd never seen him in person but the more she talks the more it makes sense that this is the first she's EVER seen him play. 

Yeah, it was fucking absurd.  I remember hearing that when it happened (was 2 WCFs ago - against the Lakers, not one) and I didn't even know what to say.  Her JOB is watching NBA games.

4 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Man, fuck ESPN. They put Lowe's content behind their ESPN+ paywall, then fire the guy likely in no small part because his old regulars--including me--no longer generate enough clicks because fuck the entire concept of ESPN+ from a company that's been taking 40% of everyone's cable bills for 4 decades.

Charley Steiner warned us.

24 minutes ago, MrX said:

The Zach Lowe thing sucks. Who wants 15 percent more Stephen A at this point?

Apparently the demographic data? At this point, I think we need to blame ourselves that the only real money in "unscripted" programming is two or more people yelling at/over each other.