NBA Offseason Thread 2024 - Fuck you, pay me

Kermit

Per ESPN.com:

LeBron James intends to opt out of the final year of his contract with the Los Angeles Lakers worth $51.4 million for next season and work out a new deal with the team, a source familiar with his plans told ESPN.

James, 39, has until 5 p.m. ET on Saturday to inform the Lakers of his official decision.

The Lakers are committed to keeping James with the franchise and would be interested in offering the four-time MVP up to the maximum three-year, $162 million contract he is eligible for, sources told ESPN.

The Hawks might as well trade Trae Young too and tear it all the way down. 

What the hell is the Blazers plan?  They’re gonna suck again for the fourth year in a row. 

KCP is almost assuredly going to leave Denver which sucks. Hope Braun is ready to step forward. 

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Pistons are hiring JB Bickerstaff to be their next coach.

Hell of a hire . Fresh, new, unoriginal face should be real gem for their young roster in their rebuild

Amazing how he’s had 3 head coaching jobs the last 10 years and nobody held onto him.

It's actually a great hire for that franchise right now, when you consider the Pistons should be in an all-out tank mode for 24-25 (and perhaps beyond).

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

I feel for Chicago fans. I mean, they had one of the greatest runs in NBA history, followed by extreme front office ineptitude and owner meddling. Although they boo the ghost of one of the engineers of their success with his widow in attendance, as she sobs. I guess I don’t feel for them. Just be somewhat decent so the Spurs get your draft pick.

i really wonder how guys like paul george and damian lillard are going to go down in history. they’re both really good yet pretty much pointless players who don’t affect winning. made a lot of money tho.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

I'm not reading all that but that seems like trying to spin a negative to positive when the whole damn world knows its a negative.   Letting him go w/o a S&T is 100% a loss with their present cap situation.   They cant replace him