RIP Donald Sutherland

One of his more underrated roles was JFK. Oliver Stone was lucky if he got 30% of the movie factually accurate, and Sutherland was only in once scene for about 10 minutes or so, but in that short time he was brilliant.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, F250 said:

He was in Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Shout out to hot Kristy Swanson. tumblr_oxfliy5t8G1qf3bujo4_250.gifv(1).gif.4bba2394be0879ec53b3dcd914aab8d2.gif

I need to see the movie. It was just within the past few years that I finally watched the tv show and it far exceeded my expectations. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Don’t forget his role in A Time to Kill.

He was great as a bad guy in The Eagle Has Landed. He was also great in Klute, as was his often braless co-star Jane Fonda…she won an Oscar for her role. 

Don’t ruin his eulogy by bringing up that cunt.

RIP to one of all time favorites.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Man, this one stings. As many of you might remember, my avatar forever on this board and the two before was a profile shot of him from MASH, one of my all-time favorite movies.

RIP, Hawkeye. Give Hot Lips a kiss for me.

• Hook 'Em 1

Amazing in The Eagle Has Landed

Amazing in JFK

Amazing in Kellys Hero’s

Amazing in Dirty Dozen

Amazing in Beerfest

Amazing in Without Limits

Amazing in Animal House

Amazing in Lawman: Bass Reeves

Amazing in A Time to Kill

but yeah, my favorites are JFK (he stole the movie) and Kellys Heroes

34 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I need to see the movie. It was just within the past few years that I finally watched the tv show and it far exceeded my expectations. 

The TV show is good, Joss Whedon nailed that series.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Rutger Hauer is also good in this as was Pee Wee. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I always enjoyed his more villainous roles like Outbreak, Disclosure, and Hunger Games. Snow was a really good villain and it was awesome for him to have a hit like that in his later years. He also was great in cameo roles like the pyromaniac in Backdraft and Mr X in JFK. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Saw Backdraft mentioned above.  Haven't seen it listed in the various obit articles, but agree he was great as the pyro.

DeNiro and him sparring. Doesn’t get much better.

Then William Baldwin just wasting everyone’s time.

There is a 90's film called "The Assignment" with himself, Ben Kingsley and Aiden Quinn that was really good (at least in my opinion) and never got any due at all.  It's a fictionalized story of catching Carlos the Jackal.  Sutherland is great in it, but he was in just about anything.