The WAY too early June Presidential Debate thread

Biff Tannen

10 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

Trump was a guest on the all in podcast this week and sounded completely different than I've ever heard.  He was funny, lucid, didn't insult anyone, had good policy points, and even gave Biden respect.  I don't know if he has someone behind the scenes coaching him and he's somehow listening to them now but if he's like that on Thursday and going forward this is going to be a decisive victory for him.  

anchorman-anchor-man.gif

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I don’t believe you. 

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

anchorman-anchor-man.gif

I was shocked and scared. If you have time listen to it. Even a little bit.  

http://youtu.be/blqIZGXWUpU?si=-M9PJYjNJvC8X83n

Here's my favorite of what he said- he said anyone graduating from an American university, college, or juco would immediately qualify for a H1B.  Said he'd make that effective on day 1.  

Edited by gsoda3

4 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

My favorite- he said anyone graduating from an American university, college, or juco would immediately qualify for a H1B.  Said he'd make that effective on day 1.  

He said green card. And the campaigned walked it back already and said hell no, not every graduate. Only the ones they deem acceptable 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

i absolutely know how Biden can get Trump to walk off the stage before the debate even starts.

after the introductions, Biden can say, "Before we start, Donald, I know you're a religious man.  The Bible is your favorite book.  Can you please say a quick prayer before we start?  Just lead us with your favorite prayer."  There will be murmurs and silence from Trump. "Please, Donald, just a quick prayer before we begin. I know it's something that you believe is important, and it would set the proper tone."

Trump would march off the stage, knowing damn well he couldn't say a prayer to save his life.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

55 minutes ago, Js1 said:

He said green card. And the campaigned walked it back already and said hell no, not every graduate. Only the ones they deem acceptable 

Green cards are even better.  Those aren't tied to employment.  I didn't hear about the pushback but it's probably a good idea to impose restrictions on what programs qualify.

16 hours ago, Red Five said:

It would be nice if Biden also had the luxury of being able to say almost anything with no repercussions. This is like having a track meet where it doesn't matter how fast or slow one guy runs. 

Biden has always had a bit of old white guy Teflon to him. 

I think his team is too afraid of right wing "media" taking him out of context, but being passive lets right wing "media" set the narrative even harder. 

Dark Brandon is best Brandon. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Pods said:

Biden has always had a bit of old white guy Teflon to him. 

I think his team is too afraid of right wing "media" taking him out of context, but being passive lets right wing "media" set the narrative even harder. 

Dark Brandon is best Brandon. 

IMG_6150.gif.9e0d70537ea33486011d130a9cf7ef89.gif

I’m loving the camera work here.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

Here's my favorite of what he said- he said anyone graduating from an American university, college, or juco would immediately qualify for a H1B.  Said he'd make that effective on day 1.  

Spoiler: He’s lying.

7 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Spoiler: He’s lying.

It was not a lie, he stuck his foot in his mouth pandering

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/campaign-walks-back-trumps-green-card-promise

"You graduate from a college, I think you should get automatically, as part of your diploma, a green card to be able to stay in this country, and that includes junior colleges, too," Trump said during the appearance.

The proposal received immediate pushback, with Center for Immigration Studies Executive Director Mark Krikorian telling the New York Post that such a handout was "a cockamamie proposal" that would prompt a "fire hose of foreign cash" by "stapling a green card to the diploma" of a U.S. college graduate.

"If someone earns a Ph.D. at a university in a hard science, I personally will drive to their house and give them a green card," Krikorian said. "The issue is any foreign college graduate, even from a bogus two-year master’s program or gender studies [major], would get a green card."

The critique was echoed by Chris Chmielenski, the president of the conservative Immigration Accountability Project, who argued such a plan "would reduce wages for all Americans, increase job competition, particularly for recent college graduates, and pose a national security threat."

• Hook 'Em 1

I hope if dotard brings up rigged anything Biden counters with his 1-69 (or whatever it was) lawsuit failures, his 99 indictments, his rape conviction, and his 34 felonies. This loser has been losing at this rigged game so long his only option is to rig it in his favor. don't let him, folks. blah, blah, blah. stick to easy googleable facts and don't give in to his fever dreams

of course, if this shit even happens in the first place

• Hook 'Em 1

It just occurred to me that it will be complete malpractice if the moderators don't ask about Project 2025.  Which means they of course won't.

So Biden should bring it up.  Make him confront it.  I guarantee 75%+ of people who will actually watch the debate have no clue about Project 2025 and the hellscape they envision.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

I don't expect any material number of citizens to watch this debate, if they aren't already politically engaged.  That said, I expect material from the debate to feed all kinds of soundbite videos for social media.  I don't see any real possible "upsides" for the Biden campaign coming out of this debate.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, swraith said:

I don't see any real possible "upsides" for the Biden campaign coming out of this debate.

I disagree somewhat.

Although Biden is certainly prone to gaffes, he hasn't been frantically trying through surrogates on cable news to lower expectations or lay the foundation for excuses like Trump has been.

That tells me:

1. the folks behind the scenes running Trump's campaign and responsible for his debate prep are scared shitless
  2. the rumors of his noticeable cognitive decline are true, as we first heard about when he had a private meeting with a bunch of CEOs who witnessed him doddering and unable to make coherent points in private conversations
  3. they want to be ready to recontextualize a bunch of gaffes and possibly even some McConnell moments, which if they've already been happening behind the scenes we wouldn't know since we didn't even know he was Covid-positive before the 2020 debates.

So it's not all downside for Biden, or at least it's mutually assured destruction with Trump being more vulnerable on that front.

• Hook 'Em 2

48 minutes ago, swraith said:

I don't expect any material number of citizens to watch this debate, if they aren't already politically engaged.  That said, I expect material from the debate to feed all kinds of soundbite videos for social media.  I don't see any real possible "upsides" for the Biden campaign coming out of this debate.

This is my concern dude

On 6/24/2024 at 8:54 PM, Neonmoon said:

He is literally going to say the same soundbites he says every day. You can copy and paste from his recent speeches 

Less than four years ago, our border was secure, inflation was nowhere to be seen. The world was at peace. They respected your country and America was strong like never before, all because you finally had a president who put America first. I put America first. Now under crooked Joe Biden, the worst President in the history of our country, the world is in flames. Our border is overrun. Inflation is raging. Crime is out of control. Europe is in chaos. The Middle East is exploding. Iran is emboldened. China is on the march. And this horrible, horrible President is dragging us toward World War III. We’re going to be in World War III soon. I see every move he’s making. Remember, Trump was right about everything. You see the cap. Trump was right. We’re racing a clock. We’re racing a clock. We’ll be in World War III with this guy

Under the Trump administration, we’re going to bring law and order and safety back to our streets. We are going to bring success back to our schools

But saving this once incredible place begins with stopping the killing and the crime that’s setting records every single week. Unbelievably, crooked Joe Biden is going around trying to claim that crime is down. He says crime is down. Crime is so much up. First of all, we have a new form of crime. It’s called the Biden Migrant crime, right? Biden Migrant

We’re going to give immunity to our police. So if they arrest somebody or if they speak a little bit harshly, they won’t be discarded. They won’t be destroyed. They won’t be thrown in jail because they raise their voice to a criminal. They won’t lose their family, they won’t lose their home, they won’t lose their pension. But the FBI crime statistics Biden is pushing are fake. They’re fake just like everything else in this administration. 

Day after day, week after week, Joe Biden is releasing illegal criminals into our communities to rape, pillage, plunder, and to kill

We had a rigged election take place. And what happened is when I left, all hell broke loose. And they didn’t want to finish the wall, they didn’t want to put up the additional wall we built. And it was all built to the highest specs of Border Patrol and ICE. And they’re incredible people, by the way, Border Patrol and ICE. And instead of putting it up, which would’ve taken three weeks, they decided to sell it for 5 cents on the dollar. And the rest is history. When I return to the White House, we will stop the plunder, rape, slaughter and destruction of our American suburbs, cities and towns. That’s what’s happening. It’s getting worse. It’s getting worse. Worse and worse and worse by the day. We will shut down deadly sanctuary cities. I will shift massive portions of federal law enforcement to immigration enforcement. And on day one, we will begin the largest domestic deportation operation in American history. We have no choice. We have no choice.

Fuck you man, just fuck you.

Spot on.

23 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

We haven't experienced a former President running again in our lifetimes. It makes any "Day 1" promise complete bs and he should be called out on it. If any of Trump's Day 1 ideas are so great, why didn't he do it while he was in office? 

The exceptions would be something related to a new issue over the last 3.5 years. Immigration ain't new.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 6/24/2024 at 10:25 PM, gsoda3 said:

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

Trump is pandering to every constituency by throwing out a day 1 promise, and then his campaign might walk back the promise.  Or maybe they won’t. It wouldn’t surprise me if this is a tactic.

if Americans are dumb enough to fall for this tactic, we deserve him. How are the coal miners doing after Trump promised in 2016 to get their jobs back? 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/24/2024 at 10:25 PM, gsoda3 said:

I agree that if the way Trump handled himself on that podcast was the way he handled himself all of the time, he would win this election in a landslide.  I still disagree with almost all of the policy stances he described in that interview, and he still lied a lot, but he sounded rational and respectful.

But the fact is, he only behaves in that controlled way about 5% of the time.  The other 95% of the time, he’s a fucking lunatic exposing himself as a blatant lying racist grifter criminal who is willing to destroy the country in service of his ego and pocketbook.

Edited by Snake Diggity
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Trump is pandering to every constituency by throwing out a day 1 promise, and then his campaign might walk back the promise.  Or maybe they won’t. It wouldn’t surprise me if this is a tactic.

if Americans are dumb enough to fall for this tactic, we deserve him. How are the coal miners doing after Trump promised in 2016 to get their jobs back? 

LOL.

Can I still keep my doctor?

Politicians lie...News at 11!!

• Like 1

Well the body attached to the balls he wish he could suck only have about 36 hours from which to withdraw from the Debate and save face.  

Trump and his surrogates have been all over the map this past week, taking swipes at Biden for being too senile or too sharp.  Biden's on drugs or not fit to speak.                    

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Con man just doin’ his thing.

On 6/24/2024 at 2:55 PM, immamac said:

attack Trump. Make him look and feel stupid and helpless. Make him lie so badly that the networks have no choice but to say it's a lie. Make him squirm and flail. 

Tump's team has the much harder task. They have to tell him to not say anything fucking insane and he just can't help himself. 

Excited Lets Go GIF