”China virus” - drink 

“The likes of which have never been seen before” - drink 

“Russia Russia Russia” - drink 

“Perfect phone call” - drink 

“Hannibal Lecter” - 1 shot 

“you’re vey nasty” - 2 shots 

(Walk off stage in anger) - shotgun beer 

• Hook 'Em 2

I am involved in a multi-player game where each time Trump claims online that this debate will be rigged against him; I have to eat one psychotropic mushroom.  It is 9:00a in Atlanta currently and somebody is already wildly pandering to his base.     

As such, I am somehow in Burma, tripping balls.  I can taste colors, but have no appetite.  I somehow picked up Mandarin on the way here.  My legs are swollen as hell, but I've somehow lost 10 pounds.  I gave myself a haircut and have frequent bowel movements.  Mack Brown turned me off of post-event press conferences forever.  But I got a feeling this 'debate' will largely be uneventful, it'll be the myriad post-debate clips/memes/quotes that will determine the fate of our Nation.  I am going to go now and buy some melons and hats from that shady looking guy on the motorbike.  Remember, before you dose...hydrate.

• Haha 1

They've gone through the audio logistics a thousand times, so much so that even dumbass Trump understands them.  But what I haven't read/heard is what the cameras will do.  Typically in a two-person debate, it's a three or four camera setup, including the one behind them that pans back to the moderator. 

Because as disruptive as it may be, I would really like to see what Trump does when Biden speaks and Donald cannot be heard audibly, but still seen.  Anybody know a good lip-reader that charges by the hour?    

24 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Because as disruptive as it may be, I would really like to see what Trump does when Biden speaks and Donald cannot be heard audibly, but still seen.  Anybody know a good lip-reader that charges by the hour?    

I can read lips, but I'd probably vomit then tear out my own eyes.

2 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

I can read lips, but I'd probably vomit then tear out my own eyes.

I used to be able to, but my vision has gotten worse over the last few years so it's harder.  But it made me think of another question aside from lip reading:

I wonder what closed captioning will pickup from Trump when his mic is off?  I've seen sporting events and debates and shows where there's some off-camera chatter that the audio still gets picked up, but you can't make it out.  But suddenly, the CC will start displaying some of the words, verbatim.  I'm gonna turn them on tonight to see what ensues.  Just more of his moronic rambling, I'm sure...but would be fun to see how it gets spelled.  

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

image.gif.9b1538539c2afe37cbcb0c713f52e379.gif

Don't be ridiculous.  He's a a narcissist.  He'd draw his own dick, and those sketches are way too big for his mushroom wiener.  

3 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

I bet the dumbfuck won't even realize he's muted and will continue rambling until they cut back to him. I predict he storms off the stage in a tantrum that would make a 3 year old take pause.

CNN cannot shut the fuck up about their 'brilliant technological breakthrough" in being able to turn off a microphone.  that thing that every A/V freshmen nerd has known how to do since the 1930's.  What they've yet to disclose is the rules of rebuttal.  While you cannot interrupt the opposing debater over the mic, one can berate the moderator (and be heard) to combat something they find objectionable/offensive/un-true.  So about 7 minutes into this thing, Trump is going to start shouting at the moderators.  While we really won't be able to hear it, they can (being just a few yards away).  They'll eventually capitulate and let him talk outta turn because CNN gonna CNN.  We'll all roll our eyes outta disgust, CNN will give themselves an award for revolutionizing Presidential debates, and FoxNews will declare, "President Trump proves his bravery but not allowing CNN and Biden's likes to run roughshod over him."  

I mean the Simulation is putting on a simulated debate inside of another simulation, but "with the sound off."  Good luck at church this weekend folks, none of this is real. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm on the fence if I will bother watching much tonight. I imagine that I won't make it through the entire debate.

I'm interested in how CNN and Biden will fact check Trump. I have no doubt that the 2020 results will come up, and anyone carrying the debate will have to put up a message that Biden won the 2020 election. There is too much liability to not do that.

I bet it only gets a few million viewers.  The real dissection will come tomorrow as the media reports on the media's reporting of the media at the debate.  

I don't give a shit about the content, nobody's mind is gonna be changed save for a few 'middle bloc' Trump voters that may think "I just can't with this fucking guy anymore" and stay home.  And then some college kids who don't like Biden's response to a question on Gaza, who don't even know where the Gaza Strip is, let alone how to even fucking register to vote.  

I'm watching for the logistics.  What does Trump do when he's muted, what is his pouty body language, when does he storm off stage?  How feckless can the moderators get?  How debased can they get?  What does CC pickup when Trump is talking off camera?  CNN has been hyping this thing up and all its technical details.  It's either gonna be reboot them back to news prominence or be the beginning of their perpetual demise.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

It's been fuck to joke about, but yeah, no, I ain't watching.

I cannot stand to watch one second of Trump and it just riles me up before bed lol 

I avoid watching and/or listening to Trump as much as possible because he’s such a disgusting, offensive piece of shit. But there are times when I feel like I have to make an exception and force myself. This is one of those times. I’ll watch. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I really don't want to watch this. But if it can sway a certain number of people, then it's one of the most important events in our country's history. 

Oh and that fucking ghoul Miller: "Slurring while fast-talking". I think you mean dealing with a stutter. Because that's what that is.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah....I ain't watching this shit.  I can't.  I just can't anymore.

I'll take a nice evening walk with my wife instead.  Maybe water the green beans and sunflowers we planted in the garden bed downstairs.

You have the strangest colloquialisms for "Date Night."  Just be a man and do what I do, have a gimme calendar where every Thursday is circled with a caption, "Sexy Business Time."  

If anybody has a Truth Social account, please post activity (or lack thereof) by Trump.  I'm guessing he's either napping or dosing right about now.  Wouldn't be surprised if he has a ghost writer make it seem like he's Rocky Balboa-style training for tonight.  I'm guessing Joe will give a shout-out to Jill in the audience.  Melania won't be there, but Trump will open by thanking his son Eric, for his tremendous support in attending.  Although Eric will have mistakenly taken a flight to the Country of Georgia, not the State of Georgia.  And FoxNews will declare the mistake a clear indicator that Eric will make a fine Sec. of State in a second Trump administration.  

15 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

“We had the greatest economy” - drink 

”China virus” - drink 

“The likes of which have never been seen before” - drink 

“Russia Russia Russia” - drink 

“Perfect phone call” - drink 

“Hannibal Lecter” - 1 shot 

“you’re vey nasty” - 2 shots 

(Walk off stage in anger) - shotgun beer 

And then head to the hospital for alcohol poisoning.

• Haha 1

Okay, I get they're playing the greatest hits of "Fake News" talking points.  But two really weird things stood out to me:

At the 1:00m mark.  Guy whines about the fact that Trump "Can't talk about the Judge's daughter."  

In what insane world, does a Presidential debate even need to mention the offspring of a judicial figure?  Remember when Reagan/Mondale veered into Fiscal v. Monetary policy but instead chose to talk about some random state judge's children?  Yeah, because that's not a thing. 

And listening to Donald Trump, Jr., the biggest coke-head I've ever met talking about drugs with Dr. Ronny Johnson is the most 3am bathroom conversation I've ever heard...and I've heard 'em all.  

16 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I have the same feeling in the pit of my stomach as when I’m heading into a meeting at work that is going to be an absolute nightmare. Just 90 minutes of headaches.

Debates have always been like meetings where some a-hole wants to flesh out the company mission statement for 90 minutes.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1