The WAY too early June Presidential Debate thread

4 hours ago, tx ind said:

This is just sad that it has come to this.

4 hours ago, 'stache said:

Had to invent new rules because a candidate is a toddler who can’t shut up, and that alone didn’t disqualify him, we are truly fucked.

Yep. Today’s GOP - running a candidate who whines so much they have to invent new rules and a new format.

I was just listening in my car to a MSNBC reporter talking about the debate and I find it interesting that they made a comment about how Trump's job is easy because he can just say how horrible things are right now in America and that if you just reelect him, he can fix it to how great things were when he was president.  My issue is, "are things that horrible now?".  I mean I get there is the whole Ukraine and Gaza stuff (I find it hard to blame America for that), and the prices of food items are up but who here is living a hellish life right now.   

People say these things on the airwaves about how horrible life is and I really wonder what or where they are living and why it's so horrible.  Many of us live in Texas where the migrant hordes and caravans are allegedly over running us and murdering/raping everyone, yet I haven't noticed any difference here in Texas for the last 30 years really and I have lived in Austin, Houston and Dallas.  Trump and the right keep saying crime is up, but the stats show it is actually down.  Apparently, the economy sucks yet the stock market is at an all-time high, unemployment is crazy low, wages are up, etc...  Listen I know it's not perfect out there, but it isn't nearly as bad as one side is saying it is and it seems like people should be calling that out instead of agreeing with it or not saying anything, so others start to believe it.  You see all these polls of people saying the country is doing terrible economically yet almost every person who gets polled will also say they are doing fine if not great.    It's fucking maddening 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Rage+1 2

17 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

My issue is, "are things that horrible now?". 

No, they’re not. 

People suck. They are going to complain about everything no matter what, and if you’re in charge, you get the blame. 

Inflation sucked, but most prices have come back down. Housing prices have not and that is a bitch. Are the majority of Americans going to take a deep dive to learn that American housing was under built for 10 years due to financial crisis, and pandemic free money made everyone grab a 3% rate and not want to sell again, exacerbating the housing shortage, leading to a 40% price increase with no way to solve problem other than build more houses? No.

The majority of Americans are some of the dumbest and most spoiled people ever created.

Me want 3000 sqft home and only want to pay 3% down, 3% rate, for 500K and $2,100 mortgage or I throw temper tantrum 

• Hook 'Em 7

7 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

The majority of Americans are some of the dumbest and most spoiled people ever created.

Spoiled and bored, it seems like. I swear people want to vote for Trump just to watch the clown say crazy things. Biden and his stupid governing shit is boring. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

10 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Spoiled and bored, it seems like. I swear people want to vote for Trump just to watch the clown say crazy things. Biden and his stupid governing shit is boring. 

This. It’s “entertainment” to a ton of people and they don’t think it has real consequences. If he wins in November, I’m going to kick back with my white male privilege and watch a bunch of finding out. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I hope Biden pulls some Willy Wonka shit and comes out with a cane and hunched over and then when he goes to shake Trump's hand he rolls forward and hits him with a flip kick to the chin. He pops up, steps on his chest on way to his podium. Opening statement: "Fuck that traitorous asshole. I'm ready for your questions."

But really, are they going to have to shake hands? If I were Biden I would refuse to shake that traitor's hand

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 3

2 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I was just listening in my car to a MSNBC reporter talking about the debate and I find it interesting that they made a comment about how Trump's job is easy because he can just say how horrible things are right now in America and that if you just reelect him, he can fix it to how great things were when he was president.  My issue is, "are things that horrible now?".  I mean I get there is the whole Ukraine and Gaza stuff (I find it hard to blame America for that), and the prices of food items are up but who here is living a hellish life right now.   

People say these things on the airwaves about how horrible life is and I really wonder what or where they are living and why it's so horrible.  Many of us live in Texas where the migrant hordes and caravans are allegedly over running us and murdering/raping everyone, yet I haven't noticed any difference here in Texas for the last 30 years really and I have lived in Austin, Houston and Dallas.  Trump and the right keep saying crime is up, but the stats show it is actually down.  Apparently, the economy sucks yet the stock market is at an all-time high, unemployment is crazy low, wages are up, etc...  Listen I know it's not perfect out there, but it isn't nearly as bad as one side is saying it is and it seems like people should be calling that out instead of agreeing with it or not saying anything, so others start to believe it.  You see all these polls of people saying the country is doing terrible economically yet almost every person who gets polled will also say they are doing fine if not great.    It's fucking maddening 

Basically every single poll on the topic tells the same story.  People will say that the country is doing terrible, but personally they are doing fine.  And all of the metrics used to measure how the average citizen is doing (eating out, traveling, etc.) do not paint a picture of economic crisis AT ALL.

It's a media failure on almost every level.

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Hook 'Em 3

23 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’m ashamed as an American tonight is going to happen.  I weep for our children’s future. And the fact they still call these horror shows “debates” is insulting to actual spirited rhetorical discourse.  

The idea that a debate format is even relevant to the job of president is just silly. If the president had to go to the UN and debate other world leaders, ok maybe. But debating isn’t the fucking job. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

so who's taking one for the team and giving a pxp for those who don't want to watch?

That's just it, there's no need for a play-by-play.  All the soundbites each side needs will be beaten into our heads by this time tomorrow.  

I can tell you their answers before it starts.  What I'm watching for is Trump's body language, temperament when engaging with the moderators, and how he handles being frequently cutoff.  

He'll be his usual bully self and probably go up in the polls despite rambling like a fucking moron.  But you can objectively tell he's been on a steady decline the last year or so.  And this experience, polling aside, will only feed the plague eating away from within him.  I enjoy watching bad people suffer physically.  Brings me great joy.  

27 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

so who's taking one for the team and giving a pxp for those who don't want to watch?

I’m watching and I’ll post thoughts and observations when I feel motivated. I can’t promise a pxp but I’ll pitch in. Hopefully we’ll have enough of a contingent for a decent game thread. 

15 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I like how Biden is a feeble, incompetent old man but on right wing Twitter, the excuses for him winning are already out there.  (Media, time delay, drugs, etc.)  It's all so unfair!!!!

Biggest bunch of pussy ass losers of all time. They’re all so fucking pathetic.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I like how Biden is a feeble, incompetent old man but on right wing Twitter, the excuses for him winning are already out there.  (Media, time delay, drugs, etc.)  It's all so unfair!!!!

This is their entire existence. Everything is against them from the beginning and nothing is their fault. 

Party of personal responsibility. 

I know I shouldn’t be doing this but I am watching the pre debate on CNN right now.  It is amazing how bad CNN has gotten when it comes to a legit news channel.  They have the two republican taking heads on and one just said that the Biden campaign is teetering on collapse and may throw in the towel at this point and the other chimed in with how polls show Biden’s popularity is horrible and the Trumps is moving up to the levels where the country loves him.  I call BS on this but CNN just lets them spout this crap all for ratings I guess.  The country literally could fall apart and the world come to an end  and the news media would be checking to see how their ratings are versus you know saving the world or the country.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

I can’t watch tonight’s debate, but I look forward to my conservative friends saying Trump owned Biden, and my progressive friends saying Biden bitch slapped Trump, leaving me wondering whether the debate changed any minds or had any impact whatsoever. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Pancho said:

CNN has been disastrous today.

They are just letting radical right wingers come one and push lies with no pushback—all day. Wolf is almost as bad as Andrea Mitchell.

Their website is just as, if not shittier in terms of right wing talking points and bullshittery.  They've quit courting left or middle voters and gone after the right wing news mongers; which is dumb as shit because they are basically never CNNers.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Man, even the commercials on CNN are right wing propaganda.  Just saw one saying people were killed by illegal aliens and it’s all Biden’s fault so we need to vote him out of office.  Scaring people on baseless claims?  I may as well switch to Fox News at this point. 

It’s reverse psychology. They want the Trumpers who are watching to say “holy fuck I might agree with CNN” and rattle their brains. 

Is it on or over?  Or has it begun? I found a bar in NYC where they aren’t showing it. The oysters smell funny and the mixed drinks are terrible. A woman is the playing music on the jukebox and dancing by herself. An old man told asked me if I wear my pants tight on purpose. I am 50. Everyone here is older than me, metaphysically if not literally. The 20-somethings are the oldest of all. I count myself lucky. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

16 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Man, even the commercials on CNN are right wing propaganda.  Just saw one saying people were killed by illegal aliens and it’s all Biden’s fault so we need to vote him out of office.  Scaring people on baseless claims?  I may as well switch to Fox News at this point. 

Where do you live? The commercials are regional. I visited grapevine once and the commercials there are nothing but maga propaganda.

Edited by MissingInAction
Not doxxing

11 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Obviously The leftists at CNN that control advertising were all murdered by illegal jihadists driving EV’s. Their true American replacements from real America know the truth and made sure the public were given the word of Q

Hulu interviewing ‘normal’ people makes me sad because I don’t usually interact with this much dumb in my life on a day to day basis.

Why are there so many stupid people in this democracy. Maybe authoritarianism makes sense…. 🤷🏼‍♂️🤦‍♂️