The WAY too early June Presidential Debate thread

2 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Oh sure, he called a crowd that was literally nothing but neonazis very fine people, but he also said he condemns neo nazis so he's in the clear!

I swear to god if I ever encounter someone try this bullshit in person I'm going to get myself arrested.

these people are some of the dumbest fucking people. This board is littered with them 

• Hook 'Em 1

This Charlottesville topic is stupid. As usual Trump ran a stream-of-conscious jumble of words. He gets to claim both that he didn't mean to include neo-nazis, but also talking about the event and protestors, who in fact were neo-nazis. Yes he claimed a few sentences later that he wasn't talking about them but given that he led with "both sides" comment as a defense of the protesters (who just happened to be neo nazis). his "clarification" doesn't square with the moment.

@HRSchenker and @NaTeWHO - there is a reason that, right at that time, people near-unanimously understood what he meant with his leading comment. As memories fade it's easy to forget who the protestors were and how the event turned deadly.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

From the actual transcript:

Reporter: Do you think what you call the alt-left is the same as neo-Nazis?

Trump: Those people, all of those people- excuse me. I’ve condemned neo-Nazis. I’ve condemned many different groups, but not all of those people were neo-Nazis, believe me. Not all of those people were white supremacists, by any stretch.

Reporter: Well, white nationalists-

Trump: Those people were also there because they wanted to protest the taking down of a statue of Robert E. Lee. So … Excuse me. And you take a look at some of the groups and you see and you’d know it if you were honest reporters — which in many cases you’re not. But many of those people were there to protest the taking down of the statue of Robert E. Lee. So, this week it’s Robert E. Lee. I noticed that Stonewall Jackson is coming down. I wonder is it George Washington next week and is it Thomas Jefferson the week after? You know, you really do have to ask yourself where does it stop? But they were there to protest- excuse me. you take a look the night before, they were there to protest the taking down of the statue of the Robert E. Lee. Infrastructure question. Go ahead.

Trump: OK, good. Well, are we going to take down the statue? Because he was a major slave owner. Now, are we going to take down his statue? So, you know what? It’s fine. You’re changing history. You’re changing culture and you had people, and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists because they should be condemned, totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists, OK? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly. Now, in the other group also, you had some fine people, but you also had troublemakers and you see them come with the black outfits and with the helmets and with the baseball bats. You got a lot of bad people in the other group, too.

Reporter: Who was treated unfairly? Sir, I’m sorry I don’t understand what you were saying. You were saying the press has treated white nationalists unfairly? I just don’t understand what you were saying.

Trump: No. No. There were people in that rally — and I looked the night before. If you look, there were people protesting very quietly the taking down of the statue of Robert E. Lee. I’m sure in that group there were some bad ones. The following day it looked like they had some rough, bad people: neo-Nazis, white nationalists, whatever you want to call them. But you had a lot of people in that group that were there to innocently protest — and very legally protest, because you know- I don’t know if you know, they had a permit. The other group didn’t have a permit. So, I only tell you this. There are two sides to a story. I thought what took place was a horrible moment for our country, a horrible moment. But there are two sides to the country. Does anybody have a final- does anybody- you have an infrastructure question.

The fact that he speaks gibberish and tries to have it both ways doesn't save him. He called people in the crowd from the prior night, people who again chanted "blood and soil" and "jews will not replace us" very fine people. Fucking fight me. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, Pancho said:

You’re good with the end of Blacks and other minorities with trunp victory—got it.

Yes enjoy Liberia and wave to the lighter brown people getting deported en masse Via project 2025.

And wave to Icono in that line because all his heros don't realize that Persian is still considered brown by his heros.

Might see you as well gtfo this ledge.

Just now, Serak The Preparer said:

This Charlottesville topic is stupid. As usual Trump ran a stream-of-conscious jumble of words. He gets to claim both that he didn't mean to include neo-nazis, but also talking about the event and protestors, who in fact were neo-nazis. Yes he claimed a few sentences later that he wasn't talking about them but given that he led with "both sides" comment as a defense of the protesters (who just happened to be neo nazis). his "clarification" doesn't square with the moment.

@HRSchenker and @NaTeWHO - there is a reason that, right at that time, people near-unanimously understood what he meant with his leading comment. As memories fade it's easy to forget who the protestors were and how the event turned deadly.

Dude they aren’t reasonable people. Stop trying to reason with the people who agreed with him about the fine people.

• Hook 'Em 3

17 minutes ago, troph said:

His tone is feeble and anyone would have trouble responding to Trump he rattles of 20 lies in the form of Biden is the worse ever and I was the best. Even Pete would have a hard time. But the feeble tone and demeanor - that is enough for many to see Trump as the winner and Americans love winners. 

Bull fucking shit.  Pete Buttigieg would be making Trump look like a foolish, feeble scumbag.

• Hook 'Em 6

5 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Support for Trump amongst blacks in recent polling is almost double around 22% than what it was last election.

You know that isn’t real. It will revert to the norm in the end, and even the most radical republicans are admitting both of those things. 

Your maga 2.0 will be the end of Blacks and other minorities. You just need to admit that’s what you support. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, WhatTheBuck said:

It’s what he’s always done. Take credit for other people’s successes and blame others for his own failures. 

It’s why letting him on stage - which legitimizes him and allows him to do this - was the mistake. 

he rattles of so many lies in 120 seconds you can’t really rebut them. 

the moderators have a different job but by not calling Trump out for trash bullshit just legitimizes this guy.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, Snake Diggity said:

Bull fucking shit.  Pete Buttigieg would be making Trump look like a foolish, feeble scumbag.

Pete, Booker, or Kamala would be handing this lying shitbird has ass right now.

But they're too gay and too black, apparently.

So we get to be a fascist country instead.

We are turbo fucked.

• Rage+1 1