The WAY too early June Presidential Debate thread

Just now, cabowabo said:

Jill Biden should be ashamed of herself. 

Oh fuck off with that shit. He's a man. He can make his own fucking decisions. Stop blaming the woman when Joe could've stepped aside or made the announcement that he's a one term president. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, mdmost said:

The state of places like LA and SF would weigh him down but the man runs the 5th largest economy in the world and can easily debate people like Trump. Call him up for the good of the nation. 

It’s like neither party actually wants to win….  Newsome is probably the worst choice they could make. 

Just now, Anastasis said:

The out here is clear if you had someone competent in the VP spot. They everyone is defaulting to call up Gavin says quite a lot. 

Brother, we all know a black woman is more scary than Joe Biden. Hillary was scary enough to most of America. Now put in a black woman named Kamala from California and see how even some Biden voters feel about that. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, Anastasis said:

The out here is clear if you had someone competent in the VP spot. They everyone is defaulting to call up Gavin says quite a lot. 

Me trying to find a silver lining. Maybe that was the plan all along. But what the fuck do I know. 

I still don’t understand what the plan ever was with Kamala. You know old Joe can drop at any minute, so right of the bat you set her up for success with… the border?!

Not that she’s amazing by any stretch, but you work with what you have, and this was DNC epic bag fumbling…

1 minute ago, Hook1997 said:

It’s like neither party actually wants to win….  Newsome is probably the worst choice they could make. 

Have you seen Newsome debate? The guy would destroy Trump in a debate with facts and the ability to go back to topics like he did with Sean Hannity on Fox. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Just like Trump’s share of the black vote doubling than the last election. It’s all a mirage. Lower income Americans were doing great in terms of increased wage growth under Trump.

His share of the BLack vote hasn’t’ doubled because no vote has been had. There have been sketch polls.

You just made the 2nd part of that sentence up. 

Admit it—you’re okay with what’s coming for Blacks and minorities under a trunp second term. You’re also okay with overthrowing the current electoral process and are in favor of dictatorship in America. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

exactly right. should have let Joe just swing

Biden's a feeble man and it's sad that he went through this tonight. Those supposedly "close" to him are sorry people for allowing it.

Anyone with a decent pulse would have destroyed Trump. Therein lies the problem with Biden.

Edited by Wally Pryor
  • Hook 'Em 1

Remember, kids, this is what elderly Democratic leadership wanted when they put all their political capital behind Biden during the 2020 primaries.

Now he's the incumbent.

Who is going to tell the President of the United States, a former Vice-President and Senator, to stand down when he's up for re-election?

Good luck.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

6 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

On CBS they commented that Trump made numerous lies and exaggerations and Biden failed to fact check him. Trump lies faster than you can fact check him. That’s the authoritarian strategy. (Putin does it too.) Maybe the moderators should play a role in fact checking.

Then they went on to mention misrepresentations about Charlottesville and Jan 6 and, without using the word “gaslighting,” mentioned Trump’s gaslighting about those events we all saw with our own eyes.

I keep saying this, he spouts off lies so fast in 2 minutes - maybe 10+ in one 2 min answer - you can’t fact check him in this format. And that is the fundamental flaw, this process legitimized a lying shitbag.    

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

There was an article earlier that said Biden should step aside before the convention. At the time I said I was intrigued by that idea and got blasted here. I'm now ready for that to happen. 

If either party nominated someone palatable to the center who was younger than 65, they would win this election by the largest margin in history.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Didn’t watch it. Read some of y’all’s comments. I never had any hope. Now I have even less of something I never had.
Glad my kids live overseas. Need them to find a way to make it permanent although truly, there’s no refuge. We seem intent on setting the whole world on fire again. 1914 and 1939 weren’t enough…this time, it will surely work. I sure know I don’t want my son coming back here; he’s prime fighting age, and this place clearly ain’t worth him dying for.
I really can’t or shouldn’t care anymore. I should just make as much money as I can, buy myself and my family as much of a safe harbor as I can, and let the world do what it is clearly dedicated to doing. Odds are that the flames will still find a way to consume us, but we’ll give it a shot.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hefeweizen said:

What the fuck dude?  This is on Joe and his staff.  He’s too old.

Jill is his fucking wife. Joe doesn’t know where the fuck he is and she knows it.  She should have, long ago, stepped in and protected him from himself. What happened tonight is just sad. It’s fucking amazing that we are left with a choice between Biden and Trump. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

2 minutes ago, Goredho said:

If either party nominated someone palatable to the center who was younger than 65, they would win this election by the largest margin in history.

I would like to believe that but Trump has 40-45% sucked in. That number won’t change. That’s how fucked we are.

1 minute ago, cabowabo said:

Jill is his fucking wife. Joe doesn’t know where the fuck he is and she knows it.  She should have, long ago, stepped in and protected him from himself. What happened tonight is just sad. It’s fucking amazing that we are left with a choice between Biden and Trump. 

The spouse and the children know. It’s elder abuse. The staff and political operatives are latchers on. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Brother, we all know a black woman is more scary than Joe Biden. Hillary was scary enough to most of America. Now put in a black woman named Kamala from California and see how even some Biden voters feel about that. 

Or it could be that’s she is a completely incompetent moron. A real life-imitates -art depiction of The Veep show that terrifies everyone. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2