The WAY too early June Presidential Debate thread

2 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

How many hits have you mumbled over a penis for?

The dude not only slurped on a cock while stroking the shaft and balls, he let a man ejaculate sperm all over his tongue and let it run down his throat. Not for actual pleasure but for a fucking drug fix like a lowly burnt out crack head.

6edf22d7-9d3d-446e-b729-0556a80c9c2d_tex

Undecided voter - self proclaimed McCain Republican … trump? Hell no. Biden? Oh no. 

Trump is a liar, cheat, rapist, all of those things. He’s an absolute no.

please be a representative of the middle of the electorate please.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, linux said:

Democrats have won every election since 2020 (save the VA governor's race) and significantly overperformed over Roe v Wade only something increadibly stupid like a democrat civil war, or economic collapse can lead to a Trump presidency.

You are living in a fantasy world.   And that's the problem.  The entire democrat establishment has been as well for the past 2+ years.  Just flat out refusing to acknowledge that Joe has significantly deteriorated (not to mention swimming upstream on issues like inflation + immigration).  I'm assuming per betting odds Trump is now a massive favorite to win.  

Just now, softlynow said:

I think Gavin riding with a dramatic convention nomination, a few days after Biden addresses the nation LBJ-style, would be great TV/Social Media, would run his candidate ID up to where it needs to be, and would give all the folks bitching about having two old people to select from a real choice.

The right's greatest advantage against a Dem presidential nominee is the slow-drip-drip of turning people against them on their media outlets, in chain emails, and at the watercooler. It's what made Clinton, Bill a great candidate. "Who? Well, I gues I can vote for him." But then made Clinton, Hillary a terrible candidate. "Yeah, Billary. Man is that pants-suit lesbian actually be president. No way!"

Dems with little record of being slurred by right-wing media, and the often complicit mainstream media, fare MUCH better than the old hand.

Biden won because Trump fucked up COVID. Period. We probably could have, in retrospect, nominated a number of other folks and pulled out that win. Of course, who eles could've made it through the Dem nominating process is a totally different discussion.

The problem is getting the nomination. It would be a complete shit show and present a weak and divided party that is worse politically than anything Joe Biden did four months out from election day.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

How would that have happened? Primary the incumbent? Ask him nicely not to run? Beg? How do you convince the President of the United States, the most powerful man on earth, not to run for re-election?

Tell him he's done well, but he can take a breather now, and cheer on another that the team can rally behind.  Joe, you've spent a lifetime in politics, serving your country and left it in a better place.  Cheer your ass off knowing that age is undefeated.  Let Trump get destroyed by some younger person that can laugh and publicly ridicule a criminal.     

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, troph said:

I agree that’s the best way but it would take no more than two lawyers here to find a way around that “rule”.

Remember, Dems are pussies. No way they play that game.

I agree that in the same situation (it's not the same because Trump cult), the GOP's rules, whatever they may be, are more like guidelines, or even just words that can be rearranged at will.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Skipper said:

You are living in a fantasy world.   And that's the problem.  The entire democrat establishment has been as well for the past 2+ years.  Just flat out refusing to acknowledge that Joe has significantly deteriorated (not to mention swimming upstream on issues like inflation + immigration).  I'm assuming per betting odds Trump is now a massive favorite to win.  

You might end up being right about who wins, I doubt it but you might. But nothing about what Linux said is untrue. 

1 minute ago, Skipper said:

Yeah it would be really nice to have a fresh face who can at least distance himself a bit from the inflation issue.

Even though blaming the President for whatever the current state of the economy is, is so stupid. A legacy of Bill Clinton.

Just now, Mdhorn said:

Tell him he's done well, but he can take a breather now, and cheer on another that the team can rally behind.  Joe, you've spent a lifetime in politics, serving your country and left it in a better place.  Cheer your ass off knowing that age is undefeated.  Let Trump get destroyed by some younger person that can laugh and publicly ridicule a criminal.     

And what do you think Joe Biden would say?

1 minute ago, softlynow said:

Remember, Dems are pussies. No way they play that game.

I agree that in the same situation (it's not the same because Trump cult), the GOP's rules, whatever they may be, are more like guidelines, or even just words that can be rearranged at will.

This is exactly right.

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

The problem is getting the nomination. It would be a complete shit show and present a weak and divided party that is worse politically than anything Joe Biden did four months out from election day.

If I’m Newsom and I really think I have a chance one day of being president, I wouldn’t want this time to be my shot at it. Whoever gets the nomination is going to be at a significant disadvantage now. 

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

This. The one good thing about the voting public’s short memory is that this will be forgotten in a couple of weeks. Those of you wishcasting some west wing convention scene where Biden steps aside for a new candidate who is immediately popular and whom the entire party supports aren’t living in reality.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, wildcat09 said:

This. The one good thing about the voting public’s short memory is that this will be forgotten in a couple of weeks. Those of you wishcasting some west wing convention scene where Biden steps aside for a new candidate who is immediately popular and whom the entire party supports aren’t living in reality.

People still remember Kennedy destroying Nixon in 1960. This was worse than that

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, wildcat09 said:

Seems like he’s not planning to step aside.

Just now, Newy25 said:

If I’m Newsom and I really think I have a chance one day of being president, I wouldn’t want this time to be my shot at it. Whoever gets the nomination is going to be at a significant disadvantage now. 

Unless that nominee is the incumbent, which gives that nominee an enormous advantage, historically speaking.

The Democratic Party is in quite the bind.

3 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

I was driving, so didn't hear much. 

Was there anything that would cause sometime to change their vote?

Obv MAGA and never trumpers won't change their vote.  Does the debate have an effect on the few fence sitters, or do they mainly just say fuck it and not vote?

Unfortunately the debate performance by Biden was so bad that it did have a real effect on the outcome of this election.  

5 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Then go ahead and bet for him, put your money where your mouth is.

Nobody changed their mind after the debate, the only thing is that they panicked like pussies. That is it.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

You might end up being right about who wins, I doubt it but you might. But nothing about what Linux said is untrue. 

Most of this board has been way too optimistic about Biden's chances effectively giving Trump no chance. I've thought for a long time it's 50/50.  After tonight, I don't think it's even close.   The American electorate is not going to dive into the fucking issues.  They are going to watch the worst of the worst clips of Biden looking like he should be put in a nursing home (of which there are many).  He is essentially unelectable at this point.  Full stop.  The only thing I'm surprised is that apparently most of the talking heads actually realize this and not shying away.   Tonight was a flat out disaster for Democrats.  No way around it.

9 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

That may be but the perception is California is not a well managed state by those outside of the state. I am not going to pretend to be confident knowing what the exact course should be in something that has never happened in my lifetime at least. If Biden has to step aside after the Democrat party chose to run him through the primary process, I cannot imagine people being very high on the Democrats. It’s damage control at best and I don’t know what the right next candidate should look like. 

The only people who believe that simply are not voting for a democrat no matter what. 

California is the engine of American innovation. Without California the US is in deep shit. The narrative that California is purely a run down shithole is simplistic nonsense. And to be clear the problems that exist in California are the same ones the rest of us have - housing affordability, inflation, wealth inequality, climate crisis, etc. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Nah, that's not a problem. The quick news cycle is our ally in this situation. People will be tired of hawk tuah meme's pretty soon. So will it be with negative talk about how disjointed the Dems are right after the convention.

Unless somehow the nominee is a Marianne Williamson. Then, yeah, no chance.

And this isn't the fractious Dem party of the '70s. Dems are in general alliance on most things, with a couple very notable exception, of course. But this isn't a gigantic tent trying to keep southern conservatives and northeast liberals in voting lockstep.

2 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

People still remember Kennedy destroying Nixon in 1960. This was worse than that

Nobody knew who the fuck Kennedy or Nixon was,

Everybody knows who Trump and Biden are. One a dictator and one senile, 2020 was a rout.

5 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah it would be really nice to have a fresh face who can at least distance himself a bit from the inflation issue.

Even though blaming the President for whatever the current state of the economy is, is so stupid. A legacy of Bill Clinton.

I don't disagree.  Inflation was inevitable post Covid.  But President will always get the blame.

1 minute ago, Skipper said:

Most of this board has been way too optimistic about Biden's chances effectively giving Trump no chance. I've thought for a long time it's 50/50.  After tonight, I don't think it's even close.   The American electorate is not going to dive into the fucking issues.  They are going to watch the worst of the worst clips of Biden looking like he should be put in a nursing home (of which there are many).  He is essentially unelectable at this point.  Full stop.  The only thing I'm surprised is that apparently most of the talking heads actually realize this and not shying away.   Tonight was a flat out disaster for Democrats.  No way around it.

What’d you think going in to 2022 elections?

4 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

I was driving, so didn't hear much. 

Was there anything that would cause sometime to change their vote?

Obv MAGA and never trumpers won't change their vote.  Does the debate have an effect on the few fence sitters, or do they mainly just say fuck it and not vote?

This is the first of, i believe four, presidential debates and a vice presidential debate. Biden is gonna need to take his meds and come back stronger next time. Trump definitely has the lead now

1 minute ago, softlynow said:

Nah, that's not a problem. The quick news cycle is our ally in this situation. People will be tired of hawk tuah meme's pretty soon. So will it be with negative talk about how disjointed the Dems are right after the convention.

Unless somehow the nominee is a Marianne Williamson. Then, yeah, no chance.

And this isn't the fractious Dem party of the '70s. Dems are in general alliance on most things, with a couple very notable exception, of course. But this isn't a gigantic tent trying to keep southern conservatives and northeast liberals in voting lockstep.

Its worse than that it has a huge tent with the equivalent of 5 or so equivalent international parties.

Just now, troph said:

The only people who believe the simply are not voting for a democrat no matter what. 

California is the engine of American innovation. Without California the US is in deep shit. The narrative that California is purely a run down shithole is simplistic nonsense. And to be clear the problems that exist in California are the same ones the rest of us have - housing affordability, inflation, wealth inequality, etc. 

I get all of that. It’s not me you have to convince. This all comes down to a handful of states and the polling is pretty clear in the Midwest that people think California has been poorly run. 

• Hook 'Em 2