The WAY too early June Presidential Debate thread

11 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

That's how a stupid person looks at it.  

A person who cares about saving the country from fascism says, "Hey, Newy25 considers the self-interested aspect but I'm more concerned about 200+ years of democracy."  

Do you understand now?

I get that you’re pissed.  I am too.  But the fact remains all this ‘oh man we are heading for Nazi boogaloo 2’ talk seems like BS when the democrats knew this was who they were trotting out.  That’s who deserves your anger.  Fucking clowns.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

13 minutes ago, immamac said:

COULD YOU FUCKING IMAGINE IF BIDEN WOULD HAVE SLAYED HIM TONIGHT. 

the election could have been over. Easily decided. The transcript for trump is fucking mental. 

100%

Trump’s actual words were so bad, I mean off the charts bad. Probably 100 lies, even more hyperbole and incendiary rhetoric. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, linux said:

Because of exit polls? admitedly I don't follow european exit polls, but now the ones here and the youth vote overwhelmingly pick Biden. If anything that is the leading theory why democrats keep winning since 2020. gen Z is not being found to be polled correctly.

I think you're miscalculating, but I hope you're right.

Perhaps I'm overreacting, but, after this debate performance , I think plenty of the "independent" voters Biden needs will either stay home, or vote GOP.  

Not because they like Trump, but because the GOP is using 1930's style fear mongering about violent immigrants, and "out of control" inflation.

Fear is a powerful motivator.

2 minutes ago, Skipper said:

The point Rubio just made is the point the R's should be making to target the independent/undecided vote.  He basically said he takes no happiness from it but it was clear that the President struggled tonight and it concerns him what they might think about that in Beijing and Tehran.   Sadly he's right.  I'll still vote for Biden purely because of the threat to democracy that Trump poses but Biden has absolutely no business being president 4 more years.  If pretty much any R candidate other than Trump was running I would be strongly considering flipping that vote

Seriously? China, Russia, and Iran are salivating at the prospect of another Trump presidency.

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, linux said:

Joe Biden has been stuttering and losing his train of thought for years and years and years, he does it again and honchos panic? that said if the demographic was more like Russia Trump could have taken a shit and masturbated in front of the cameras and still won the election.

People have made their minds, do they want Trump or not, that is it and that will never change, Biden could die tomorrow and the ticket would still win the presidency based on a mountain of evidence.

Fun fact it has happened like 4 times nationally and the deceased won every time.

In the role of Balcones

1 minute ago, softlynow said:

sure. But that candidate had enormous support, and did not uniformly scare the power brokers in the party that his candidacy was a threat to democracy

No they talked about it quite a bit on NPR. They were worried about the country. The ones pushing for it did so knowing it would probably mean losing to Hillary and they were ok with that risk. Unfortunately more cared only about winning

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I get that you’re pissed.  I am too.  But the fact remains all this ‘oh man we are heading for Nazi boogaloo 2’ talk seems like BS when the democrats knew this was who they were trotting out.  That’s who deserves your anger.  Fucking clowns.  

Biden is the leader of the Democratic party and he makes 50% of the rules.  Big money donors make the other 50%. Somehow in the months leading up to the convention -- the official nomination -- this will shake out.  

Claire McCaskel is speaking unvarnished truth on MSNBC now.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Hookah Horns said:

This debate was a monumental kick in the nuts. Trying to not overreact and I hope like hell JRB bounces back, but things are looking bleak right now. At this point, I'm worried about him still being with us on election day. 

I’m worried too, if he is with us, we’re fucked.  

• Haha 2

What’s interesting is there is there is no real MAGA victory lap, as is usually the case after a debate. The entire discussion right now is centered around Biden, and how he does not provide a realistic alternative to Trump. Theoretically, this gives Dems a unique opportunity to capitalize, should they desire to grow a spine.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

Right, all this debate does is confirm for people who wanted to vote for Trump that Biden is too old to be President. Hopefully, there's not enough of them in swing states this time. I see no reason to watch this. Biden's old AF. Trump sucks and will kill our democracy as we know it. It's a terrible choice but here we are. God help us all. 

I really thought you were going to end this with “and we’ll be lucky to live through it”

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Chuckie Finster said:

What’s interesting is there is there is no real MAGA victory lap, as is usually the case after a debate. The entire discussion right now is centered around Biden, and how he does not provide a realistic alternative to Trump. Theoretically, this gives Dems a unique opportunity to capitalize, should they desire to grow a spine.

Yeah. Suck it up and get behind Joe Biden because he's the best chance you've got.

1 minute ago, Bullneck said:

Biden is the leader of the Democratic party and he makes 50% of the rules.  Big money donors make the other 50%. Somehow in the months leading up to the convention -- the official nomination -- this will shake out.  

Claire McCaskel is speaking unvarnished truth on MSNBC now.

Fuck, we are running out of time.  They need to make moves tonight.  I don’t have my hopes up.  How’d they allow this guy to get on that stage?  You really think he’s actually making rules and governing?  Come on…

Just now, immamac said:

Democrats are crushing interviews so I think that this is a net positive. The Republicans look like moron liars and the Democrats are showing they know their shit and all work on the same team. 

This is the key do people really think democrats don't know that it is a team effort? are democrats against team effort? only Trumptards want the totalitarian dictator.

I repeat you vote for or against Trump, that is it that is the election, but yeah reassure the country that Biden has the beast coaching staff if you will.

• Fuck You 1

Really?  She kicked ass tonight. 

Agreed that she did relatively well (better than CNN with Cooper) but they are basically saying that she needs to be Biden’s savior. I don’t think she’s comfortable doing that even though it’s her job. I can’t believe I’m saying our VP is uncomfortable with being in the spotlight.

2 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Fuck, we are running out of time.  They need to make moves tonight.  I don’t have my hopes up.  How’d they allow this guy to get on that stage?  You really think he’s actually making rules and governing?  Come on…

You people have got to stop pretending this shit is a tv show. There is no conceivable world where the entire party gets Biden and Kamala to step aside for another candidate and unites behind that candidate.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

Oh man, Claire McCaskell just said on MSNBC that someone needs to sit down with Biden and ask about his strength to run. 

Good. She's fucking wrong about the Democrats every election and she lost her seat to fucking Josh Hawley because she's a shit politician. She's the fucking BrandingIron13-0 of the Democratic party and they should at all times do the exact opposite of what she's saying. I'd be fucking terrified right now if she were saying she thinks Biden is still fit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 minute ago, linux said:

This is the key do people really think democrats don't know that it is a team effort? are democrats against team effort? only Trumptards want the totalitarian dictator.

I repeat you vote for or against Trump, that is it that is the election, but yeah reassure the country that Biden has the beast coaching staff if you will.

Yes has to be an all out full court press EVERY dem has to get out there and beat the drum on who Trump is period end of story. And then read the fucking story out loud to everyone again and again. Hammer him over and over. 

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

You people have got to stop pretending this shit is a tv show. There is no conceivable world where the entire party gets Biden and Kamala to step aside for another candidate and unites behind that candidate.

I think this guy up there tonight has zero chance of winning.  So yeah, I’m hoping for anything but that.  Did you see this poor old bastard?

6 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

No they talked about it quite a bit on NPR. They were worried about the country. The ones pushing for it did so knowing it would probably mean losing to Hillary and they were ok with that risk. Unfortunately more cared only about winning

I know they talked about it. But they didn't have enough folks to go along with any scheme they could come up with to ignore the votes and put in an also ran.

I'm saying that even if Dems DO end up having a sufficient number of people inclined to ditch the rules, they won't because pussy Dems.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Biden right now is at a Waffle House in ATL.

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

Good. She's fucking wrong about the Democrats every election and she lost her seat to fucking Josh Hawley because she's a shit politician. She's the fucking BrandingIron13-0 of the Democratic party and they should at all times do the exact opposite of what she's saying. I'd be fucking terrified right now if she were saying she thinks Biden is still fit.

I….did not expect this from you. Shots?

7 minutes ago, immamac said:

Democrats are crushing interviews so I think that this is a net positive. The Republicans look like moron liars and the Democrats are showing they know their shit and all work on the same team. 

What % of the electorate is paying attention to any of that? 2? 3?

Just now, TexArcher said:

Michigan voter on CNN: I'm fed up with both of them.  We just need to get some younger people in there, who have clean records.

That is literally all it would take to be a better candidate.  Like 96% of the country qualifies.

Mack Brown, 72, is tanned, rested and ready.

• Haha 4
  • Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I think this guy up there tonight has zero chance of winning.  So yeah, I’m hoping for anything but that.  Did you see this poor old bastard?

I didn't watch but have seen the lowlights. He needs to do better. What y'all don't get though is that there is no conceivable scenario short of him dying in which replacing him improves the Democratic nominee's chance of beating Trump. It's not just some unexamined religious belief that a party shouldn't replace an incumbent nominee, even a very weak one. The Democratic coalition is a very broad coalition that is always fraying at the edges and Biden is still the nominee that it is overwhelmingly most comfortable agreeing on. He has a solid campaign that has ongoing operations, networking, fundraising, etc. It's not simply a case of someone else stepping in and taking over. If the party "elites" step in and replace him with someone else the entire coalition shatters. It might've been possible had he announced before the primaries that he wouldn't run again. It's not now. 

• Hook 'Em 3