The WAY too early June Presidential Debate thread

2 minutes ago, linux said:

Ignore, Now the next step is to volunteer.

Take the debate as a good thing, now we know zero things taken for granted the election is 50/50 so act accordingly and work like it is the end of the world.

Biden is the coach but we are the players not the fans.

I agree. I've volunteered for years. i'm debating how we can volunteer this go round. I think we all should go to battleground states and focus on GOTV of confirmed friendlies.

Just now, closetohumping said:

I’m skeptical of Kamala’s chances against the criminal

the anti-vote is always a concern. right now there is no real anti-vote for Trumpers it's all pro-Trump. Harris would add that element for sure. That said, she would torch him in a debate.

Just now, 'stache said:

Bullshit. They have to be perfect. A Jersey Shore participant should be way up in the polls over said criminal. The average American's brain is complete mush. 

They don't have to be perfect.  They have to be coherent.  And your condescension of the average American is part of the problem.  Their vote, ignorant though it may be, counts just as much as yours or mine.  The dems cannot write them off unless they want to guarantee a Trump 2.0.  They have to win those people's votes, and they are there waiting to be won.  But the guy that muddled through the debate last night guy isn't going to get that done.  He's going to lose.  Bigly.  And if that happens, I hope your condescension of stupid voters is of some comfort to you as Project 2025 is enacted.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, DaysOff said:
56 minutes ago, Macklemore said:
Trump would stop dumping billions of taxpayer dollars in the bottomless pit that is Ukraine. I’d hope he’d push for a diplomatic solution to stop this disastrous war. By the way, democracy is dead in Ukraine. They’ve suspended elections and Zelenskyy is going to ride this out as long as the gravy train is rolling.

Great. Let's spend that money at home for children's lunches and universal Healthcare. Agreed?

Yes. American taxpayer dollars spent on the needs of American citizens. Tackle the fentanyl addiction crisis too with that money. I hate the billions sent to Ukraine and Israel and would rather the money spent on our domestic needs.

Edited by Macklemore
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, troph said:

I'd move to CA in a heart beat if I wasn't stuck in Texas.

Europe is super cheap right now. Maybe not to buy necessarily, but definitely every day living in comparison to the US. 

1 minute ago, Macklemore said:

Yes. American taxpayer dollars spent on Americans citizens. Tackle the fentanyl addiction crisis too with that money. 

Ukraine money is money for American citizens. It goes to our military. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

IMG_0331.thumb.png.c5765104abd02158bdb4a8bf96124583.png

almost like you could have used a primary to sort of these issues. instead of appointing and selecting. if you through a primary and don't make it, less chance for sour grapes. I don't doubt that a true concern of sidelining Harris is what that would do to the Black vote, which is very much a crucial point for Dems at this point.

6 minutes ago, troph said:

I agree. I've volunteered for years. i'm debating how we can volunteer this go round. I think we all should go to battleground states and focus on GOTV of confirmed friendlies.

I live in one of those 6-7 states, bust my balls to go out there, you fuckers better not let me down.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Europe is super cheap right now. Maybe not to buy necessarily, but definitely every day living in comparison to the US. 

considering it. hard to keep US hours though. if one of my kids goes to college in Europe I'd be hard pressed not to consider it, especially if it's my youngest.

1 minute ago, linux said:

I live in one of those 6-7 states, bust my balls to go out there, you fuckers better not let me down.

what state? you aren't rapey are you?

Yes. American taxpayer dollars spent on the needs of American citizens. Tackle the fentanyl addiction crisis too with that money. I hate the billions sent to Ukraine and Israel and would rather the money spent on our domestic needs.
All that shit as well as helping veterans has come up for a vote under this congress. Guess which party votes against it. Get the fuck out of here with actually helping fellow Americans.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, troph said:

considering it. hard to keep US hours though. if one of my kids goes to college in Europe I'd be hard pressed not to consider it, especially if it's my youngest.

what state? you aren't rapey are you?

A close one, no

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, DaysOff said:
7 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

All that shit as well as helping veterans has come up for a vote under this congress. Guess which party votes against it. Get the fuck out of here with actually helping fellow Americans.

MAGA is as disgusted with the GOP congress priorities as y’all are. Guys like Eyepatch McCain go to hell. I’m out for real. Laters.

• Fuck You 6

15 minutes ago, Goredho said:

They don't have to be perfect.  They have to be coherent.  And your condescension of the average American is part of the problem.  Their vote, ignorant though it may be, counts just as much as yours or mine.  The dems cannot write them off unless they want to guarantee a Trump 2.0.  They have to win those people's votes, and they are there waiting to be won.  But the guy that muddled through the debate last night guy isn't going to get that done.  He's going to lose.  Bigly.  And if that happens, I hope your condescension of stupid voters is of some comfort to you as Project 2025 is enacted.

No comfort whatsoever, but they are deserving of condescension. In any sane world his support would be a few lunatics. Instead it's half the country and apparently a ton of "centrists" who "don't like his style" but are okay with cancelling elections and implementing christian nationalism because the other guy didn't do well in a debate (and who objectively wasn't any worse than the other old bumbling moron). 

29 minutes ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

How is it the Dems fault if they lose?  It's the same reason it's the fault of Texas if we lose to Washington in football.  The fact that we live in a seemly unmatched period of stupidity just means it's a harder game for the Dems to play, but they still have to play it.  Everyone went into this with an open mind that his age could be a problem.  When I mentioned it a few months back I was excoriated because incumbency was such an important advantage. 

Dems might get outflanked on this one.  Their fault.  That's not to say that the game was even winnable in this environment - it might not be.  But if policy truly doesn't matter because of the stupidity of the populace, you're taking a gamble by hoping policy alone wins out.

Because they should’ve seen this coming

8 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDicmWdgnPGnYzZEMs4p8

Where’s our batman

19 minutes ago, troph said:

I'd move to CA in a heart beat if I wasn't stuck in Texas.

It’s glorious 😉

16 minutes ago, naija said:

almost like you could have used a primary to sort of these issues. instead of appointing and selecting. if you through a primary and don't make it, less chance for sour grapes. I don't doubt that a true concern of sidelining Harris is what that would do to the Black vote, which is very much a crucial point for Dems at this point.

Do blacks actually care about Kamala. I think they’re smart enough to see the end goal

35 minutes ago, 'stache said:

So should they go find a failed business man and celebrity who constantly lies and is a convicted felon who will shit all over people he/she doesn't like? That's what the people want, so I guess we just play the game. Fuck it, I truly think it doesn't even matter anymore. 

That's not the argument I'm making.  They should go find a successful business person or celebrity who tells the truth and who respects others. 

Then they will do their best to limit the number of possible handicaps -  Poor health, too old, lack of name recognition, ugly, poor speaker, etc.

Biden had a big fucking handicap when the Dems nominated him last time.  It worked out.  They gambled on it again. But they could have cut a deal to make it a one term deal based on his age, and that didn't happen.  It's okay.  Arguably a reasonable bet.  Sort of.

Edited by The Original Greaser Bob

Just now, linux said:

Probably jitters, I saw the tail end of the debate first and wanted to choke the CNN commentators. 

very likely. there's a lot riding on Biden right now. he probably feels the weight of the moment. he'll do better next time and this first debate will be a footnote. as long as dotard keeps lying Biden will be fine.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, The Original Greaser Bob said:

I can't believe you are still making this argument.  They should go find a successful business person or celebrity who tells the truth and who respects others. 

Then they will do their best to limit the number of possible handicaps -  Poor health, too old, lack of name recognition, ugly, poor speaker, etc.

Biden had a big fucking handicap when the Dems nominated him last time.  It worked out.  They gambled on it again. But they could have cut a deal to make it a one term deal based on his age, and that didn't happen.  It's okay.  Arguably a reasonable bet.  (Incumbency advantage trumps all, doesn't it?)

So someone who the American people won't vote for because reasons.

Sorry, I know where you're coming from, and I promise I'm not just being argumentative with you in particular. In any other version of this simulation I would agree with you in full. But I've just seen too much in the last few years to think there is any hope. Part of it might be that the elected people in Oklahoma are off the fucking deep end as well. I just can't anymore. 

1 minute ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

very likely. there's a lot riding on Biden right now. he probably feels the weight of the moment. he'll do better next time and this first debate will be a footnote. as long as dotard keeps lying Biden will be fine.

This is probably the best take, mainly because he's not going to drop out.

• Hook 'Em 1

Til Pennsylvania is Midwestern:

Pennsylvania is one of three Democratic-leaning states in the Midwest that Biden needs to win to secure reelection, along with Michigan and Wisconsin, assuming he doesn’t pull off more unlikely upsets in other regions.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4745539-fetterman-defends-biden-debate-performance/

Just now, closetohumping said:

He’s 82 and a lifelong politician. He’s been president for four years. 

So? everybody here is a middleaged man that panicked like little daisies after last night.

People do stupid shit, more screams like that and the debate is forgotten.

I say this being angry at something but counter productive to air it out until after the election.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, David Dennison said:

I wasn't shocked. Nor do I care.

If he's the nominee I will vote for him. If someone else is the nominee, I will vote for them.

Given the reality of American politics, there's no circumstance where I vote for a non-Democratic presidential nominee.

fucking this. I'm voting for a "side", not a person. I have much more faith in the dems' ability to replace Joe with someone competent (should it come to that, and it hasn't yet - sorry over-reactors) than I do the other side. It's really not even a contest. I cannot imagine voting R again for the rest of my life and I hope to have another four decades or so on this planet. Fuck them.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

13 minutes ago, Footballyoubet said:

Yay, more "centrists and democrats" undermining the candidate to the benefit of a fascist. Even if you feel that way, this isn't something you make public if you actually give a shit about defeating donald trump. You don't see any "centrists" or "republicans" constantly posting about trump's obvious problems. Again, because each side is playing by different rules. It's absolute madness. 

Just now, 'stache said:

Yay, more "centrists and democrats" undermining the candidate to the benefit of a fascist. Even if you feel that way, this isn't something you make public if you actually give a shit about defeating donald trump. You don't see any "centrists" or "republicans" constantly posting about trump's obvious problems. Again, because each side is playing by different rules. It's absolute madness. 

Vivek is not a centrist. He’s an insane fascist 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Poester said:

Come home my friend, you know you want to. We’re here with open arms. 

...until dear leader decides that whatever group he belongs to is evil now. Which will happen, because that's how fascists operate. You're part of the group until the maniacal leader decides you're a threat and you have to go. Enjoy the leopards eating your face, dipshit.

Edited by Pam Cummings