The WAY too early June Presidential Debate thread

45 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

image.thumb.jpeg.ec8b2613f25c66395b675d62a5ed271e.jpeg

Sounds like Leesa needs a bit of a history lesson.  

One, there was not social media in 1944 and fewer than 20k people had TVs.

Two, FDR was never shown in his wheelchair for fear he'd look weak 

Three, Thomas Dewey was in no stretch of the imagination similar to Trump or Hitler. 

Stupid Tweet is stupid.

• Hook 'Em 2

Goddamn you performance-addicted defeatists. In the last 2 months I've dealt with and 85 year old dad hospitalized with a broken leg followed with burying my little sister.

Biden's debate performance is apparently all it takes for you to jet-pack out.

You're fucking weak in the face of anything resembling adversity.

Stop being weak. 

Fight. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Goddamn you performance-addicted defeatists. In the last 2 months I've dealt with and 85 year old dad hospitalized with a broken leg followed with burying my little sister.

Biden's debate performance is apparently all it takes for you to jet-pack out.

You're fucking weak in the face of anything resembling adversity.

Stop being weak. 

Fight. 

deshon elliott fight.gif

• Haha 4

56 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

90 days ago, I didn't own a gun.  Today I bought some green tip 5.56 and hollow point 9mm ammo.   

Small arms are useless, learn from Ukraine we all need to learn to fly drones in first person view for recon. Full battlefield awareness and no fog of war is better than a million small arms rounds.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

He's not mentally incapacitated.

He's old.

Yeah I run memory care units.  He’s right there on the spectrum.  But you can argue with a brain injury fellowship trained doc if you want.  

You’re probably right though.  I think I have a brain injury because none of this makes sense.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Yeah not saying the debate was anything other than a performance disaster but it is looking like many saw Trump just as bad or worse. I think it was @immamac who said read the transcript, Biden’s words even with the mishaps were much stronger and relevant than trump’s 10 lies per minute. I’m becoming cautiously optimistic that enough people just don’t want Trump, period. 

7 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Should have had more cofeve.

No one here is arguing Trump doesn’t have obvious signs of mental impairment. Some seem to have their head in the sand about what they saw last night. I have personal experience with dementia in a family member and have also spent the last 30 years caring for mostly Medicare age patients, and my years in practice have coincided with the aging of our country. I presently have 2 patients who have been diagnosed with dementia since I started seeing them. One is in his late 70s and one early 80’s, and I have watched them both over the past 12 months change drastically. I also have many patients from in that age range who are lively, vibrant, and sharp as can be. I am concerned about what I saw last night; and  it is not an emotional reaction 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sawbonz said:

No one here is arguing Trump doesn’t have obvious signs of mental impairment. Some seem to have their head in the sand about what they saw last night. I have personal experience with dementia in a family member and have also spent the last 30 years caring for mostly Medicare age patients, and my years in practice have coincided with the aging of our country. I presently have 2 patients who have been diagnosed with dementia since I started seeing them. One is in his late 70s and one early 80’s, and I have watched them both over the past 12 months change drastically. I also have many patients from in that age range who are lively, vibrant, and sharp as can be. I am concerned about what I saw last night; and  it is not an emotional reaction 

All joking aside, would it be prudent for you and other professionals like ChiTownDoc to share your concerns with the Physician to the President?

17 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

can you be specific? I know that his mouth was agape at times and it was awful optics, but to be completely honest although he did at times LOOK confused, the words he was saying were on topic far more than Trump's were, and the only abrupt subject change I can remember was his idiotic attempt to pivot from abortion to migrant murder victims which was so transparently an attempt by his coaches to be the first to mention that news story as a way to preemptively take the wind out of Trump's xenophobic rants. Poorly executed, but not strong evidence of dementia if you ask me.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Sure thing

Look, I’d vote for a turnip over Trump. We need to pray about 100k over 5 states feel the same way. 

I'm not nearly as concerned as y'all seem to be. I just think he's old, but I got dressed down by a doctor who knows way more about it than I do.

But I'm just a caveman. Your world frightens and confuses me.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Macanudo said:

90 days ago, I didn't own a gun.  Today I bought some green tip 5.56 and hollow point 9mm ammo.   

Weird Flex.

However I am of the age where I have a have a friend that has an entire safe full of ammo plus an entire safe full of guns.  This friend has boxes upon boxes of  rounds for guns he doesn't even own that he inherited from various uncles. And a shitload of guns. 

5 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

No, we do not. I’m not a doctor so my opinion won’t count in your view, but he didn’t look mentally incapacitated to me. He looked old, weak, and feeble compared to other appearances like the SOTU and even the day after speech. Yes, I’m fully aware of the medical definition of mentally incapacitated. The point of the joke tweet was to illustrate the absurdity of anyone saying they would now vote for Hitler just because the other option had a weak appearance (whether physical or mentally). Yes, he may round up the Hispanics and kill them in concentration camps, but at least not on a mental decline due to old age. Of course, this is Surly, so a bunch of pedantic assholes. 

58 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

No, we do not. I’m not a doctor so my opinion won’t count in your view, but he didn’t look mentally incapacitated to me. He looked old, weak, and feeble compared to other appearances like the SOTU and even the day after speech. Yes, I’m fully aware of the medical definition of mentally incapacitated. The point of the joke tweet was to illustrate the absurdity of anyone saying they would now vote for Hitler just because the other option had a weak appearance (whether physical or mentally). Yes, he may round up the Hispanics and kill them in concentration camps, but at least not on a mental decline due to old age. Of course, this is Surly, so a bunch of pedantic assholes. 

I was absolutely shocked by what I saw. Watch the clips from the daily show. Those reactions indicate more than just old, weak, and feeble.

Of course we will never be allowed to test him, but 3 simple tests of mental acuity are count backwards by 7s from 100, repeat a random sequence of 4, 5, 6, and 7 numbers in reverse order to the tester immediately upon hearing, snd repeat a list of 5 random objects back to the tester after 5 minutes, in any order (yes man, woman, person, camera, TV). I doubt he would fare well based on what I saw.

I’m happy you are still going to vote for Biden. So am I. If he continues to look like that out in public it’s a real possibility that voters we need in key states stay home

• Hook 'Em 2

This thread grew way too fast after the debate for me to keep up. Yeah, Biden had a bad night. Has any time been devoted to fact-checking the claims made during the debate like Trump’s torrent of lies?

One item I searched for was corroboration of Biden’s claim that 159 presidential scholars judged Trump to be the worst president in history. I found that one. It was “A Joint Project of Professors Brandon Rottinghaus (University of Houston) and Justin Vaughn (Coastal Carolina University).”

https://presidentialgreatnessproject.com/

IMG_3224.thumb.png.40a5d5d675d03e7ac14497e1a3481a55.png

I’d rate GWB a lot lower but that’s a subject for another time. There’s certainly no doubt, however, that in the postwar era only Trump is worse than Tricky Dick and Dubya. It’s like Trump took the worst qualities of each, with none of the good, and cranked them all up to 11. 

24 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I’d rate GWB a lot lower but that’s a subject for another time

At this time, I'd rate GWB dead last.  Any credit he gets for handling the immediate aftermath of 9/11 is undone by the fact that we subsequently killed 600,000 civilians in the wrong freaking country so that his VP's company could rebuild it on an illegal no-bid government contract.  He was also President during the two worst stock market drops since the Great Depression.

And I had to preface that with "At this time," because if re-elected, Trump is gonna do some shit that makes us miss GWB, who was only stupid and weak, not pure evil.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, elfenix said:

"and i know my bed time is at 8 pm after the wheel comes on"

This is from the other thread. This dude would pass a cognitive test with flying colors. Maybe they need to schedule the next debate for 3pm. Then he can head over to Lubys for his post debate meet and greet

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

This thread grew way too fast after the debate for me to keep up. Yeah, Biden had a bad night. Has any time been devoted to fact-checking the claims made during the debate like Trump’s torrent of lies?

One item I searched for was corroboration of Biden’s claim that 159 presidential scholars judged Trump to be the worst president in history. I found that one. It was “A Joint Project of Professors Brandon Rottinghaus (University of Houston) and Justin Vaughn (Coastal Carolina University).”

is s

I’d rate GWB a lot lower but that’s a subject for another time. There’s certainly no doubt, however, that in the postwar era only Trump is worse than Tricky Dick and Dubya. It’s like Trump took the worst qualities of each, with none of the good, and cranked them all up to 11. 

I'm one of the 159 presidential scholars who took part in this survey. I think an interesting result is that if you scroll to the last figure, even Republican and conservative scholars rate Trump as one of the very worst presidents of all time (of course, 95 of the scholars were Dems so to be fair that biases the results a bit overall). 

40 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

At this time, I'd rate GWB dead last.  Any credit he gets for handling the immediate aftermath of 9/11 is undone by the fact that we subsequently killed 600,000 civilians in the wrong freaking country so that his VP's company could rebuild it on an illegal no-bid government contract.  He was also President during the two worst stock market drops since the Great Depression.

And I had to preface that with "At this time," because if re-elected, Trump is gonna do some shit that makes us miss GWB, who was only stupid and weak, not pure evil.

Don’t forget about him nominating Alito

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

IMG_3224.thumb.png.40a5d5d675d03e7ac14497e1a3481a55.png

I LOVE Obama but I fail to see how he’s that high. He was stymied after ACA. He was an also the king of drone killings.